Marie aka Thyroid's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
thyroid

Re: Marie aka Thyroid's Journal

Post by thyroid »

B.... refried beans and ff cheese on a cornthin

Lunch....Rogers burgers, butternut squash french fries ( baked) pinto beans

Dinner...salad w/ apples, Craisins, nuts, grapes ,lettuce,1 bacon strip, grilled chicken
            boy was it good!!!! Steak & Shake
Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

I've got to get a butternut squash and make fries.  Reading about you and needwife both having them today sounds so good.  I also like the rutabaga fries.  They don't get so soft.  Needwife says he bakes his at 400 for 45 minutes so maybe I'm not baking them at a hot enough temp.  They get so soft.

Hope you are having a great week Marie.  God bless.

Hugs, Carrole
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

B.......None

Lunch....none

Dinner...Cube steak, Bill's mashed potatoes pg 179, corn, green beans

popcorn
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Marie,

Made some butternut squash fries for lunch today.  I think I'll just whip the rest like mashed potatoes.  That is one of the ways I like them best sweetened with just a little splenda, salt and pepper.  Cooked some of my cheap cabbage that we purchased last week for 10 cents a pound. 

Hope you are having a great weekend.  Maybe you are out golfing and enjoying the weather.

Hugs, Carrole
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hello DAHLING!  Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. 

I had to quit eating corn thins for a few days.  I think I gained weight.  I'm all bloated.  Maybe not from the corn thins, but from all the stuff I piled on them!  It's hard to do one without the other.  I didn't take my own advice & limit my intake to just a few with the promise I could have more tomorrow.  I actually ate a LOT and still had a LOT the next day!  The good news is that they are sitting right in front of me & I don't want any, so that's good.  HA HA

Loves, Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

Surly they won't go to waste, but only eat when your hungry!!!!!! I can't get over how beautiful you look in your red hat!!!!

B......2 scrambled eggs, Clementine

snack....1cornthin w/soynut butter

Lunch....Mex chicken, lyonnaise potatoes :drool:  ( both recipes from the boards)

Dinner....Split pea soup :thumbsup: ( from the boards )
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

AW, thanks Marie.  It helps that I''m wearing a ton of makeup.  I kinda like the hat because it's so huge it balances out my body, but it is still light & airy.  I always thought hats made my head look too little for my body, but this one has good proportions for me.  I love wearing it out in public.  People react to me in a whole new way.  Instead of acting awkward because I'm in a wheelchair, they see the outrageous hat & seem to assume that I'm a fun person and they don't feel uncomfortable getting caught looking or even staring, because the hat seems to invite that.  Many people have heard of the Red Hat Society, so often there is a kind of recognition in their expressions when they see the red hat & purple dress.  Either way, it's a good conversation starter.

You don't need a red hat with all that pretty red hair.  You look beautiful just the way you are!

I still have a cabbage.  I'm thinking of making cabbage rolls tomorrow.  But maybe I'll just stick to bean soups until weigh=in day & forget the heavy proteins for a few more days.  I feel so much better not eating all that heavy meat.

Loves, Gwennaford
ImageImage
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

I don't know what I would do if I couldn't have my meat. However I've cut out almost all read meat except ground sirloinfor ldl.  I do so love pork , I know thats not good I have given up all except  pork chop, pork tender loin. :drool:

I wish I could learn to eat more fruit. :'( Jim buys it and eats most of it himself. I try I just don't like fruit ,a couple of bites is all I can do. I know it doesn't help me with weight loss. I'm hoping when it finally gets warm here I'll be able to have smoothies.

I don't like pumpkin, so the hot smoothie didn't work.  :sick:
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

B.... fruit!!!!!

Lunch....Pork Tender Loin ( grilled )  garden salad

Dinner.... Pea soup... pretzel
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

You're doing just fine, kid.  Don't worry about eating meat.  Do me a favor, though & try stretching out your meat by mixing up some Roger Bugers & sausages with the beans in them.  I still want to try making sausages with the pork tenderloin.  Mary said they were awful, but how could they be any leaner than turkey breast?  I can't imagine.  Maybe she is just really turned off by pork.

Anyway, as long as your meat doesn't weigh more than the beans & veggies you eat with it, you're probably still going to lose weight.  Maybe God will do like He did to the Israelites when they complained about the manna, whining because they wanted meat ... he forced them to eat so much meat it made them sick.  Talk about forcing food to break a craving!  God invented it! ! !  LOL

Gwennie
ImageImage
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

Gwen,
We love Roger's burgers and Neet's meat loaf a person can only have them so much. I'm getting ready to make some gumbo that should last two days.

B......oatmeal

Lunch......none

Dinner.......fish fried  Cod.... garden salad, french dressing (bad)
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

B.....refried beans 2 scrambled eggs

lunch.....Beef potato pie ( boards)

Dinner....refried beans w/ffcheese mixed together, cornthins
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Marie,

Looks like you are hanging right in there.  Don't you love that beef pie?  We all like it here.  I have been gone a lot this week so haven't done much cooking so we are living on quick soups I make at night.  I hope to get back to normal and fix up some good dishes to have in the refrigerator. 

Last night came home late and no food so made pancakes using chickpea flour.  They were delicious.  Just don't like to use chickpea flour a lot.

Hope you have some great things going on this weekend.

Hugs, Carrole
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

We liked the beef pie , that was my first time to make it.  It seems all I do is cook! I am afraid to go out because of the limitations. 

B...smoothie

Lunch.....Beef pie

Dinner.....Smoothie King (great place!)
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I have coupons for Smoothie King, but was afraid they put a bunch of non-LDL stuff in them.  Do you know the exact ingredients they use?
ImageImage
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

I really don't know , that said I got the low cal , low sugar, vanilla flavor , and I do believe they used real vanilla bean. I don't like sweets. Jim had an Angel Food Smoothie which didn't bump his b/s one bit .They said if the fruits aren't sweet enough they have stevia , equal etc.  to add to your smoothie. 

Guess what  All the smoothies are mixed with comerical grade

vita-mix
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi, Please excuse my ignorance,but what is an angel food smoothie?  I never heard of that. I guess cause we are isolated way up here. Lucky we know what coffee is. Ha ha ha    judie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I Googled Smoothie King & found a nutritional chart. 

This is an interactive tool that lets you choose a flavor, or a function (like slim down) and pulls up the ingredients list for the one you chose.

FYI -- The Angel Food is a low fat selection that appears to have quite a bit of sugar.

Angel Food™
Angels have to be light on their wings—those things are delicate. In that case, they’d have no problem feasting on this fantastic low-fat blend of banana and strawberries. It’s creamy, delicious and fit, well, for an angel.

Ingredients
Strawberries, Bananas, Soy Protein, Non-Fat Milk, Vanilla, Turbinado, Honey

Nutritional Information 
serving size:    The first number, below, is for the 20 oz., 2nd number is the "Make it Skinny" choice
Calories 354    254
Fat (g) 0    0
Saturated fat (g) 0    0
Calories from fat 1    1
Cholesterol (mg) 1    1
Carbohydrates (g) 84    61
Sugar (g) 75    52
Protein (g) 4    4
Sodium (mg) 50    50
Fiber (g) 6    6

Very sorry to say, but with the protein powder, nonfat milk, turbinado sugar and honey, I suspect these are not going to pass Roger's standards for LDL acceptable foods.  :sad:   

Maybe we could ask Smoothie Kind to add a cup of beans to each recipe... ?
Last edited by Gwennaford on April 5th, 2009, 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

Hi Gwen, Thanks for the research and the heads up. I really thought I was doing something by getting the slimdown version!!!!! :wacko:

Made Jambalaya today, and a double batch of Little Mary's tomato soup, it's so good !!!!! The recipe for the jambalaya is on the board, it is Little Mary's  crockpot  recipe.

B....sausage and eggs

Lunch.....Jambalaya

Dinner....Tomato soup
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Marie,

Just stopping by to wish you a great Monday.  Marie, do you live in Florida  like a lot of other lucky people on this board?  Only been to Florida once and a cold front was going through so it wasn't any warmer than here in Nebraska at that time.  I know it is a great state to visit in the winter as so many from around here head there when November comes.

We planted our rutabaga's out in the garden on Saturday morning before the front came through so hope they are doing ok and haven't froze.  I want to get some more garden in soon that like cooler temps like lettuce.  Spring will come one of these days.

Hugs, Carrole