Carol's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Carol's Journal

Post by Gwennaford »

Never, ever used the adjective "pretty" when doing a self description!

Well, I'm surprised, because you have the most beautiful teeth, perfect skin and sparkling eyes.  I've seen you cleaned up as well as dripping wet & I can say in all honesty, You clean up real purty !
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwennaford wrote:
Never, ever used the adjective "pretty" when doing a self description!

Well, I'm surprised, because you have the most beautiful teeth, perfect skin and sparkling eyes.  I've seen you cleaned up as well as dripping wet & I can say in all honesty, You clean up real purty !

:blush: My cup overflows  :blush:    Perfect skin...well that's debatable...sprouting those dreaded "age spots" but I guess I should be thrilled I'm still on the earth after the events of March 9, 2007!!!  So, I'll just put up with those age spots!

Thanks for the sweet comments...so nice to hear them  :rose:
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

About aging skin, DD#1 (Kayce) said when I'm finished losing weight I'm going to look like a Sharpei ! ! !  Rotten kid ...
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Gwennaford wrote:About aging skin, DD#1 (Kayce) said when I'm finished losing weight I'm going to look like a Sharpei ! ! !  Rotten kid ...

ROFL  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Our darling Shar Pei was the most beautiful dog ever.  No slurs, please.  :)
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

The doggie wasn't the one getting slurred, Pat!  They are the softest, sweetest, most cuddly pets.  But I don't think I want to look like one of them!  LOL  ;)

Is that the correct way to spell it, Shar Pei?  I wonder what it means.  I'll have to look it up.

Image  Whadda think?  Could we be related?

The name (沙皮, pinyin: shā pí; English name probably derived from British spelling of Cantonese equivalent sā pèih) translates to "sand skin," and refers to the texture of its short, rough coat. As puppies, Shar Pei have numerous wrinkles, but as they mature, these wrinkles disappear as they "grow into their skin".

I loved reading about this cool animal on Wikipedia: 
ImageImage
sval59

Post by sval59 »

I too have had two Shar Pei's in my lifetime and I adored them.....Raisinet and Honey Bear.  They were a precious part of my life.  And, yes, they are just a little bundle of wrinkles when they are puppies.

Cheryl
Believing I Can

Post by Believing I Can »

Carrole - I am so glad you liked my creation.  I made it again for DH this past weekend.  He was a happy guy!

Doreen - please tell me you would not post that terrible picture of Carl & I!!!!  UGH!  I would be so embarrassed! 

Gwen - I will think about posting one, but have never been crazy about baring my face on the internet.

Monday

B - Banana & a large apple, coffee

L - RT burgers on corn thins, rutabaga fries

D - watermelon

Tuesday

B - Banana, apple slices, grapes, chicken sausage "pate" on corn thins

L - stuffed peppers

D - popcorn
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles (Song: Already Gone)
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

No, I would not post a picture of you without your permission!!!  I was joking about that...and it was not an awful picture!  We had such a great time when you visited, you must do so again!

I took me a LONG time to finally post a picture of me/us.  I am not thrilled about my picture being taken, probably because I fill up most of the picture might have something to do with it.  :inlove:
Believing I Can

Saved4Life wrote:No, I would not post a picture of you without your permission!!!  I was joking about that...and it was not an awful picture!   We had such a great time when you visited, you must do so again!

I took me a LONG time to finally post a picture of me/us.  I am not thrilled about my picture being taken, probably because I fill up most of the picture might have something to do with it.  :inlove:

I figured you were joking, but wanted to make sure!!  ;D 
You do NOT fill up most of the picture - you have done so well on LDL, I am proud of you.  :rose:
I can't believe it has almost been 2 months that we have been on the program.  It is so easy to follow, and the recipes are great.  I am so surprised that I have not missed bread at all, and I only get a chocolate craving once in a while, then I head for the the frozen grapes and that takes care of it.  Carl has an appointment for a physical on April 16th.  I am praying that he has lost at least a little weight, so he will be encouraged to stay on the program.  We have not weighed, but sometimes it looks to me like his tummy is getting smaller.  His fasting BS readings have been lower, so hopefully, his A1C will be better this time. 
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
Believing I Can

My DH really got me yesterday - we have been trying so hard to get his fasting blood sugar down.  He came into the kitchen and said "well, I don't know what happened, but my fbs was 224 this morning".  My eyes popped out and I said "WHAAAAT??:shock:   He laughed and said "April Fools! It was 124 hahaha".  Funny guy.   :wrong:

Wednesday

B - Banana, grapes, apple slices, egg McCorn Thin with mayo & tomato

L - Chicken breast with GB flour, cooked in EVOO.  Salad with mixed bean soup for dressing, corn on the cob.

D - Frozen grapes
Last edited by Believing I Can on April 2nd, 2009, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Believing I Can wrote:   He laughed and said "April Fools! It was 124 hahaha".  Funny guy.   :wrong:

:thumbsup: 124??   THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME  :thumbsup:
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Carol,

Thanks so much for stopping by my journal.  I have been gone so much this week and so tired at night.  I don't have any food made up so making soups at night to get by.

Sure hope your dh gets a good report from the doctor and down a few pounds.  I know it is not all about losing weight but losing a little weight sure is encouraging, at least to me.

I got 12 cups of popcorn flour made up tonight so can make some pancakes again or the muffins.  my dh likes them so well.  We have a birthday party tomorrow night so may make the muffins and put some fruit in them or maybe leave them like a white cake.  See what I feel like doing tomorrow. ha.

Have a great weekend Carol and do something fun.  We have a snow storm coming in Saturday evening so may be snowed in for the weekend.

Hugs, Carrole
Believing I Can

(:thumbsup: 124??   THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME   :thumbsup:)

Yep - and today it was 109!!!  Praise God!  We are loving LDL!!!

Carrole,  I know, it is hard when you haven't had time to prepare the food needed.  We recently got a FoodSaver vacuum unit and I have made up about 15, 1 lbs pkgs of ground sirloin/chicken combo and 10 pks of 2 chicken breasts each.  The vacuuming keeps them fresh longer and when I want to thaw one, I just throw it into hot tap water in a bowl for about 30 minutes and it is thawed.  We are trying to take advantage of all the fresh veggies at the road side stands to fix up to freeze. 

Thursday

B - banana, apple, Egg McCorn Thin with tomato & mayo

L - homemade spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash, with garlic corn thins

D - an orange

Friday

B - banana, corn thins with mayo, tomato & FF cheese

L - Grilled chicken breasts with broccoli, and cole slaw

D - Smoothie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

WOW !  You must have a big freezer.  Good idea about the vacuum packing.  I admire all that industry!
ImageImage
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Carol,

Sounds like you are enjoying bagging your foods for the freezer.  I know people really like them.  I had a fourth beef in ours so not much room left but slowly that is being used so will have more room for storing meals.  I try to have something made up in the refrig all the time  like Mary's beef pie but this week had too much going on so got behind.  I hope to do some cooking again tomorrow.  It amazes me how often I need to be cooking up food. 

Have a great Monday.

Hugs, Carrole
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Hi Carol,

I am so pleased that you (& Carl) decided to jump on the Skinny Town Train  :thumbsup:  I have gotten such a blessing in that fact!

Question, when you make your Egg McCorn Thin w/mayo...you are using Light Mayo, right?

I need to see if I can get a new....I think gasket would be the word...for our Food Saver.  After April 30th Wayne is going to become a Gardener - among other items on the Honey Do list - and I've already put my request in for him to plant butternut squash.  Is that a winter garden vegetable....anybody know?

Again...I am so happy I could "Pay it Forward" in sharing LDL with you guys.  I just LOVE that you love LDL, as I do  *love*

Have a BEAN-utiful day - I love you guys!

Doreen *hug*
Believing I Can

Gwen - actually, we only have a small chest freezer and the freezer with our fridge, but when the packages are vacuumed, it doesn't take up as much space. 

Carrole - I guess that is one point for packaged foods - they don't take as long to prepare. But,  they don't taste as good as fresh, they have all that extra sodium, and they are more expensive. Besides, we are burnin' extra calories with all that mixing & chopping, right???  :thumbsup:

Doreen - Yep we are using light mayo, and just a very thin layer.  By the way - Carl's FBS was 106 this morning! YaHoo! Thanks again for sharing this program with us.  :rose: *love*

Saturday -

B - banana, apple, Egg McCorn Thin with tomato & mayo

L - homemade spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash, with garlic corn thins

D - a smoothie

Sunday

B - Refried beans with salsa, egg, a little shredded cheese, corn thins

L - left over homemade spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash, with garlic corn thins

D - Grapes

Monday

B - FF cheese & tomato on corn thins

L - Mom's chicken chow mein over a little brown rice

D - grapes
Last edited by Believing I Can on April 7th, 2009, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Saved4Life wrote:Again...I am so happy I could "Pay it Forward" in sharing LDL with you guys.  I just LOVE that you love LDL, as I do  *love*

I feel a proprietary pride in my girls, like a mother hen with her chicks!  I hadn't thought of the "Pay it Forward" idea, but it is so true.  The Lord blessed Roger & Anita, who blessed me through Homekeepers.  I passed it to Doreen (thank you for being receptive) Doreen to Wayne & Carol, who shared it with Carl ... & I'm sure it won't stop there.  It's too good of a program for anyone to keep it to themselves!

Just think about how many other threads like this Roger must have started - how many families & their friends & families all blessed with Let's Do Lunch.  It's hard to believe it doesn't have the national recognition it deserves.

Bye for now -- Loves,
Gwennaford
ImageImage
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Believing I Can wrote: By the way - Carl's FBS was 106 this morning! YaHoo! Thanks again for sharing this program with us.  :rose: *love*

That is FANTASTIC!!!  You need not thank me, I'm just sharing the love - God's gift of LDL. 

Other than weight loss, the biggest benefits for me are the fact that I feel better, sleep better, and my blood sugar is under control...the benefits inside the body are more important that the outside!!

God Bless,

Doreen  *love*