Tori's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Tori
Administrator

Tori's Journal

Post by Tori »

Wednesday - August 20, 2008

: Before Breakfast :
Coffee with fat-free creamer - The one vice I haven't been able to break yet!

Brunch:
1/4 cup oatmeal
4 large strawberries
touch of pure vanilla 

Mixed all with enough water to cover oatmeal, (plus a tad extra), and cooked until done. The strawberries made this taste wonderful!!!

Dinner:
1 bowl of Chicken Chili. (homemade)
-- grilled chicken in bite size pieces, fresh kidney, navy, and pinto beans, crushed tomatoes, liquid smoke, and spices --

Snacks:
Last edited by Tori on August 20th, 2008, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tori
Administrator

Re: Tori's Journal

Post by Tori »

Thanks Roger!
No, it doesn't give me cravings or cause me to become hungry at all. I have just had my coffee this way for years, and it is hard to break the creamer habit.

Maybe someday.  ;D
Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

Thursday: 8-21-2008

Breakfast:
Coffee with fat-free creamer
(going back to bed to sleep off a headache!)

Lunch: -----

Dinner:
Pineapple, thinly sliced extra-lean ham
(wasn't feeling well, so didn't eat much today)
Last edited by Tori on August 22nd, 2008, 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

I have suffered with headaches most of my life. They are worse some days than others. I will go for a few weeks where I have them all the time, and then I will go for a stretch where I don't have any at all. This summer I have had a lot of them, which is why I am wondering if it has to do with allergies.  :-\

I appreciate your concern .... I guess it is just something I have learned to live with over the years.
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Do you get plenty of water?  Dr. Colbert who wrote The Seven Pillars of Health talks about headaches being a very common problem with mild dehydration.  He speaks of helping a woman who had increasingly severe headaches for years and when he had her increase her water intake (specifically filtered alkaline water I think) her headaches went away and she got her life back. 

Hope you're feeling better!
Julie
Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

I do drink water, but probably not enough. I may have to up my water intake, and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip!
Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

Friday: 8-22-2008

: Before breakfast :
Coffee with fat-free creamer

Breakfast: -----

Lunch: -----

Dinner:
Small bowl of cream of broccoli soup

Feeling better, but still not great. Not much of an appetite today.
Last edited by Tori on August 23rd, 2008, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

Thanks Roger, but I think I am on the upswing. I am not a big eater to begin with, but when I get sick, I just have no appetite at all. I was really craving some fresh veggie soup, but didn't have the ingredients to make any, and wasn't about to go to the store yesterday.

To be honest, my doctor told me that one of the reasons I gain weight is because I don't eat *enough*, and it puts my body in starvation mode, which of course makes it hold onto the fat. It sounds ridiculous, I know, but that is one of my major problems with weight gain. I have a hard time forcing myself to eat, especially if I am not feeling hungry. I have done this for so many years, it is hard to retrain myself to eat more than once per day.

And since I am being very open here in my journal, I will tell you that probably 4 out of 7 days a week, I don't normally eat until dinnertime. By then, I can't eat much, and so the cycle starts all over.

I am really making an effort though, to try to retrain myself to eat properly, and nutritiously. I want to be healthy all the way around, and not just from a weight-loss standpoint.
Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

Saturday 08-23-2008

Brunch:
1 Cup whole grain shredded wheat
low-fat milk (1/2 cup)
Coffee

Dinner:
1 Bowl turkey chili

Roger,
Yes, I agree with you. I am going to have to start "grazing" I think, in order to get my metabolism back up, and get used to eating at normal times again. Hopefully once my son starts school next week, this will be a bit easier. Things will be back on schedule, and meal times will be regulated again.
Last edited by Tori on August 25th, 2008, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

Tori'

I hope your head ache is better.
I hate that you have to make your self eat, me I have to make my self stop eating lol.

That's probabaly as bad .You got to eat girl!!!!

Like Roger said graze a little all day if its only few bites here and there.
It's good to have you back with us,Ithank you for all that you do for us.

Thanks again for the journal site.I think more people will join in as time goes by.It's good for me to see how my emotions play in food intake.
Right now not doing to good, got alot of going on with grandaughters starting football games on ONE on Thurs and the other on Fri.

Hugs Connie
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

Thanks Connie!

I am doing better. Have a lot going on right now, so I have been fairly busy as well. Just got my hubby's website done, (he is opening a computer repair business), and I am now in the process of redesigning my own website. I am going to combine my web design business and my digital scrapbooking business into one, to help cut back on the time I have to spend managing different sites. Yikes!

Tuesday 08-26-2008

Breakfast:
Coffee, Banana

Lunch:
Watermelon (Yummy!)

Dinner:
Haven't eaten yet, but it will be a fresh veggie soup that I made. Tomatoes, green peppers, celery, onions, garlic, beef bullion, garbanzo beans, water, spices.

Snacks:
Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

Thursday 8-28-08

Fasting today, so nothing to report!
Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

August 31, 2008

We had a BBQ at a friends house today, so I did the best I could with what was served. I have been terrible about posting, but to be truthful, I skip so many meals I feel strange posting what I do eat.  :-\

Breakfast: ---
Lunch: ---

Dinner:
1 small, lean steak
cold veggie salad (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, a few sliced olives)
Watermelon

Drinks:
Coffee, water
Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

Well, the sad thing Roger, is that I don't lose weight.  :-\
My doctor said I am not eating enough, and my body goes into starvation mode, and I will actually *gain* weight. I think that is why I get so frustrated sometimes.

I do not have any type of food addiction. If I could go throughout the day without eating, I would be a happy camper! So it is very frustrating to still be overweight, knowing I don't eat much at all. *sigh*