EnJae's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
EnJae
Master Member

EnJae's Journal

Post by EnJae »

20 August 2008

Before breakfast: 1 cup black coffee (medicinal use; don't like it)

Breakfast: cherries, slice of lean pork, 2 scrambled egg, uncooked oatmeal soaked in fat-free milk, chamomile tea sweetened with stevia, water, vitamins.

Lunch: Japonica Black RIce, canned pink beans, 1/2 can of diced tomatoes, vegetable juice from the health food store.

At work I drank water several times. Got hungry while running errands for a client in the afternoon. Drank a Diet Dr. Pepper, ate 1 oz of crunchy Cheetos. (Should have had popcorn in the car.)

Supper: Sirloin steak, corn, beans, water, vitamins, hot Red tea sweetened with Stevia.

Bedtime: Started to finish off the small bag of Cheetos (ate 1; remembered I'd have to come on here and list it; gave the rest to 'Reo instead). Drank water.

Good night.
Last edited by EnJae on February 7th, 2011, 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tori
Administrator

Re: EnJae's Journal

Post by Tori »

Great job saying no to the Cheetos at bedtime, NJ!Image
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Great job coming off the "sugar day" the other day!

Blessings,
Julie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank you RT;
My schedule has just changed at work, too. So I'm going to have to turn my trunk into an LDL pantry.  ;D  I'll be working M-F; 7:30-9:00am, 9:30-12:30; 1:00-5:00pm.
No more time to put lunch together during lunchtime. I'll need to plan ahead and have breakfast, snacks and lunch packed the night before and ready to go every morning.

Thank you for the encouragement, Tori and Julie.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

21 August 2008

Before Breakfast: Coffee

Breakfast: a peach, a banana, a few cherries. water, vitamins, jasmine tea.

Lunch: water and a homemade nutrition drink (I was experimenting on a drink for one of my clients who needs one but is lactose intollerant and wanted Stevia-sweetened, instead of sugary-type drinks. This drink was not LDL-approved, it had an Almond 'milk' base.)

Supper: a mix of finely cut steak bits, black rice, pink beans, corn, tomatoes, various spices
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

22 August 2008

Before breakfast: (Spent the night away from home so I didn't get the cup of coffee my brother leaves for me out of his morning pot of coffee...)

Breakfast: large orange, 2 scrambled eggs, 1/4 C dry oats with just enough skim milk to soak them; hot tea.

Lunch: 1/2 a can of beets, 1/2 a can of English peas, water, hot lipton tea. (I have been trying to consume less caffiene; but I chose Lipton regular tea because I missed the cup of coffee earlier.)

Got hungry while grocery shopping for a client, looked at several cheese choices -- bought a small container of cottage cheese made with skim milk. I ate 1 serving.

Supper: Steak, the remainder of my vegetables from lunch, water.

Later at an evening meeting: cup of rooibos tea (red tea).
After the meeting I went out with my friends. Usually I drink iced tea after a meeting but tonight my impulse-control was misfiring. Even though I already ate supper, even though I am on LDL, even though I know better... I ate a pound of boiled shrimp, a small baked potato, 3 hush puppies, 2 onion rings, cole slaw (sugar) and drank water.
I got home and couldn't face getting online and confessing. So I waited till morning to update this.
I did not eat from hunger, from need, from lack of alternatives. I was simply emotional after my meeting and chose to eat.
Last edited by EnJae on August 23rd, 2008, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi all,
    I have a question. Why does everyone eat their oats raw? Am I missing something?
                  Judie
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Enjae - sounds like you've hopped back on board the skinny train!!  :-*  Excellent!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Judie;
I didn't realise anyone else ate their oats raw.  ;)
My habit started as a toddler when Mother made cookies. She'd let me taste all the ingredients as she added them. I loved sugar, oats, honey, flour, peanutbutter, molasses, nuts and milk; didn't care much for baking soda, salt, butter, Crisco or water. As I grew enough to reach things on the counter myself, I developed the habit of grabbing a scoop of ingredients I liked even when Mother wasn't baking.
At some point in my teens I was watching tv, eating a bowl of dry oats and suddenly wondered why I couldn't pour milk over it just like cold cereal. I tried it and liked it.  Now in the winter I have cooked oats and in the summer I eat soaked oats.

Carolyn and RT; Thank you for your encouragement. :-*
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

23 August 2008

Breakfast: applesauce (no-sugar-added), 1 slice of centercut bacon with all the visible fat cut off before cooking, 2 boiled eggs, 1/4 C of dry oats (no milk).

Lunch: corn, last of the cottage cheese (there were 3 servings), part of an 8oz can of diet Dr. Pepper

Supper: Pinto beans, water.

Late night: Finally got some coffee. Maybe my headache will go away.
Last edited by EnJae on August 24th, 2008, 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

EnJae

Girl you sound like me.I got back on the train wed of this week.Had lunch at Applebees Fri where I meet a new person.Then Sat had 3 cheese Krystals fries and coke and milkshake.Was shopping for grandaughter a evening gown for homecoming.Had no time for set down lunch had to gobble down fast food between stores.

So we make choices that aren't great but some times we have no choice well maybe not if I had planned for shopping trip could have done better.we'll both just climb back on train tommorrw
But today is gone tommorrow is a new day.So my friend thats one good thing bout this plan hop back on the next day or next meal.
You are doing great.

Hugs Connie
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Yes, the cottage cheese was from skim milk.

And I thought that if I took all the fat off that pork was ok. (No?)
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

24 August 2008

Breakfast: slept through it.

Lunch: I ate at Abilene's Fuji House, a japonese grill. Had Hibachi steak, chicken, shrimp and veggies. No rice, no sauces. I drank hot tea and water. Had a soup that was just chicken broth, couple of slices of mushroom and a few bits of green onion.

Supper: I finished my leftovers from lunch. Drank water.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thanks for clarifying, Mary.
And we had a nice day-long drizzle both last Sunday and Tuesday. But nothing torrential; and nothing since then.

So I REALLY want bacon when I cook it for one of my clients; would this tenderloin mentioned work? Could it be cut thin like bacon?
Last edited by EnJae on August 25th, 2008, 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

25 August 2008
Before Breakfast: coffee

Breakfast: Mango, 2 eggs, oats (with cinnamon, stevia and skim milk), hot chamomile tea (w/stevia & a splash of milk), water, vitamins

Lunch: rotisserie chicken breast, green beans, iced green tea, vitamins

Supper: a lettuce wrapped burger with mustard and all the veggies, no fries, water to drink, vitamins]

I am starting with a new client today. So I'll be working from 7:30am-5pm. Then I eat out with friends on Mondays at 5:30. Then to a meeting from 7-8. So no 'wiggle' room today in my schedule.
This will also be the first day that I cannot come home at lunch to let 'Reo out for a few minutes and to let StarrDust & Bo (my niece- & neph-dogs) in out of the heat. My older 'Bother', Jay, will be home at 5pm to take care of the dogs. But I won't make it home again until nearly 9pm. Whew! Gotta run!
Last edited by EnJae on August 25th, 2008, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.