Julie's (Family Friendly) Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
LovinLDL

Julie's (Family Friendly) Journal

Post by LovinLDL »

Breakfast- Mixed Fruit Smoothie (Frozen mixed fruit and apple juice) and a Banana.  Kids had spoon size shreaded wheat/plain whole oat oatmeal (with a bit of local honey), peaches, and skim milk (enough to cover).

Lunch- Canteloup, Chicken Salad (Boneless, skinless chicken breast, pickles, yokeless boiled eggs & mayo), WASA Rye Light Crispbread. and water (all of our family had this except dh, who took his lunch to work....Texas Caviar, fruit and popcorn)

Dinner- Green Salad w/tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms and ranch/blue cheese dressing on the side, grapes, and Texas Caviar.

We had about four batches of air popped popcorn sprayed with OO and sprinkled with Sea Salt between all eight of us yesterday and I think my 15yo (who is in a growth spurt) had a few WASA breads w/almond butter (this is something not LDL approved the doctor suggested we keep around just for him that doesn't tempt the rest of us) and all fruit spread.
Last edited by LovinLDL on May 6th, 2010, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LovinLDL

Re: Julie's Journal

Post by LovinLDL »

Is the "Light" or the "Olive Oil" better?  I have yet to find one that doesn't have a hint of sugar so we just go sparingly on the Mayo but use the OO version.  I have been meaning to try Mary's homemade version too.  Thanks for the encouragement!  An almond butter alternative would be really good! 

Today didn't go as well with the kids because I made the mistake of buying wheat bread on sale $.50/loaf a few weeks ago (thinking I would swing back toward the budget side of the budget/health teater totter of our family).  As I should have known, the whole thing has backfired....six kids eating this bread off and on for a few weeks has reaked havok on the food budget!  I started out buying a little less WASA, thinking they would eat some bread instead.  NOW they have been eating bread off and on and MORE WASA and EVERYTHING else too.  I was out of cereal this morning (much earlier than I usually am) so they had toast and the rest of the day were running for more bread!  Dh says to keep it in the freezer to take sandwiches for church lunches (typically there is salad and fruit there we can eat).  I'll be soooo glad when that bread is gone!  Lesson learned!  The silver lining is that I have found that all of us will eat LDL rather than the bread if the LDL things we like are here.  I just have to keep all the things we like around so they don't go for the bread until we get rid of it.....(big sigh)!

Thanks Again for the Encouragement!

Blessings,
Julie
CJ

Post by CJ »

Julie, I love your new photo. You look terrific! Are you all moved and settled into your new home? Did your other one sell?

I imagine your kids start school today. Are you homeschooling? Today is my granddaughters first day in Texas. Kindergarden. She is all excited to 'make new friends and play.' She doesn't care too much about the learning part.
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Thanks Carla (and Carolyn for posting the picture). 

We are moved and really like our new home but have not sold our other one.  We may have to lease it to get past the downturn in real estate.

We do homeschool and will start next week.  We actually use Labor Day, when dh is off work, to help us get going.  Once we do get going, I'll have to limit computer time a bit more but, I am thinking I might have my oldest kids keep on track with our food journal...thinking to have them compare it against our weekly food spending to see the increase if we stray from LDL.  How is that for an integrated health/economics project?:-)

Ah...the "kinder year".  Ilove it! One of my absolute favorite...fat pencils, rounded scissors and glue sticks.  AND, they still think the teacher knows all...still little enough to cozy up in your lap for a story and old enough to really listen:-) Glad your back Carla!

Julie 
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Right, no almond butter.  "Banzo Butter" is the way to go for sure (I need a jumping up and down smiley here)!

Thanks,
Julie
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

Julie,
Hope everything is going well with the unpacking and getting your home just "so".  That can be a really stressful time.  We're here for emotional help and encouragement.  God bless you and yours.
Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Thanks Pat!

I have been very, very busy lately...and fairly bad with sticking with LDL away from home (emotional wedding and stayed with inlaws....too many Nanna snacks!)  But, we are home now....

BF- Mixed fruit smoothie, Oatmeal-kids only and water
Snack-Dill Pickles
Lunch- Salmon Bean Bake (I think this recipe is posted somewhere...canned salmon, lt. mayo, onion, chickpeas), Canteloupe, Grapes, Green Salad (w/ dressing on side...blue cheese, lt. ranch or ceasar), and Water.
Snack-Raisins and Roasted Chickpeas.
Dinner- Curried Chickpeas, Wehani Rice, Green Salad, Pinapple and Water
Snack- Popcorn
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Hi Julie....I wish you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful for LDL!

Love,
Doreen