3BOYS JOURNAL

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
3BOYS

3BOYS JOURNAL

Post by 3BOYS »

Here goes.....

Breakfast - fruit smoothie, banana, ice tea

Lunch - chicken breast, 2 bananas

Dinner - Mexican stuffed peppers (LDL recipe)

glasses & glasses of water......
niki
Administrator

Re: 3BOYS JOURNAL

Post by niki »

3BOYS wrote:Here goes.....

Breakfast - fruit smoothie, banana, ice tea

Lunch - chicken breast, 2 bananas

Dinner - Mexican stuffed peppers (LDL recipe)

glasses & glasses of water......

hi marla......i would say breakfast is ok.....but, both the other meals should have more vegetables and some BEAN SOUP...........if i ate 2 bananas for lunch and the only other thing i ate was chicken breasts, i'd eat a LOT of chicken........if this was not a typical day for you, then disregard what i'm saying...it's just that i see a lot of people not eating as much of the other stuff as they should and i wanted to take this opportunity to throw this info in...............
  i wish you success..................sincerely,niki   
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
3BOYS

Post by 3BOYS »

Thanks Niki,

This is pretty much a normal day.  So I need to eat more...here's what I had yesterday:

breakfast - refried beans and eggs

lunch - chicken breast, corn, banana

dinner - ldl burger

was yesterday OK?  I'll work on adding the bean soup or other foods.

Thanks again....Marla
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

and still more vegetables and salad if you're able......i don't see corn and peas the same way i see the other vegetables.......i'd like to see you eat more of the other vegetables...and of course, more beans.....PLUS, ideally, i recommend a fruit meal for breakfast and and i don't recommend your eating it at the other meals, UNLESS that's what works best for you....i am just, actually, telling you what worked best for me when i was losing weight...when i started let's do lunch 3 years ago, my book recommended a fruit meal for breakfast and dinner and not snacking on fruit during the day...since then, roger has looked to expand let's do lunch by telling people they could eat eggs for breakfast because that is something so many people like to do......but, the way that ROGER lost such a tremendous amount of weight was the way i lost it......i often had salad and/or bean soup for dinner or a bowl of popcorn but sometimes DID eat just fruit...............i just really find that eating a fruit meal for breakfast gets me started for the day and that's why i highly recommend it if you're able to eat it....
Last edited by niki on February 18th, 2009, 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Marla!  It's good to see you jumping in here with such a great attitude!

If I could throw in my two-cent's worth, I think what Niki is saying is your weight loss will be faster if you eat a greater proportion of vegetables and beans than you eat of meat in your one heavy protein meal of the day.

A LOT of fruit early in the day kick starts your metabolism and digests quickly so you will be really hungry & will want to eat a heavy lunch that will carry you through the rest of the day.  At lunch is when you should be having your heavy protein for the day.  I believe it's best to hold off on fruit for lunch because it does digest so fast that if you fill up on it instead of the heavier foods (veg, beans & meat), you risk becoming hungrier in the evening.  We are trying to get away from eating heavy at night.

A little fruit & vegetables at dinner adds fiber & fluids to your system to flush away all the protein you ate at lunch, to avoid having it sit around in your intestines all night long. 

I see you are eating an important protein source at almost every meal.  That's okay while you are new & still may be getting hungry and having cravings.  At this time, you are correct to be doing that - eating all the LDL acceptable foods you want, whenever you want them, until you are full, and no longer having cravings. 

Once your blood sugar is stabilized & you are no longer experiencing cravings you can then focus on
*fruit for breakfast, (Adding beans or an egg to your fruit breakfast will help keep you full & satisfied if you just cannot eat enough fruit to carry you through all the way & are always very hungry before lunch.)
*veggies, beans & a heavy protein at lunch (chicken breast, turkey breast, fish, lean beef - all skinless & all visible fat removed)
*fruit & veg for dinner, IF you are even hungry.

If you cook a big meal at dinnertime, in general it's best to save the protein entree for your lunch the next day.  The exception is if you have a dinner event and want to occasionally have your protein meal then instead of at lunch.

Good LUCK Marla!  We are really glad you are here!

Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
3BOYS

Post by 3BOYS »

Thanks for guidance....the explanation really helped.  Let's see if today is more on track....

Breakfast - fruit smoothie, banana, iced tea

Lunch - Pork chop and sauerkraut

glasses & glasses of water

We will wait and see how I feel for dinner.

I hope this is correct or at least heading in the right direction.  All the help I can get is greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!
Marla
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Marla, you're right on target today.  I've been on the program almost 3 months and rarely even want anything for dinner.  I really do stay full.  I eat a lot of beans for lunch.  I think beans are one of the best things that you eat on this plan (and, I'm sure Niki will second and third that).  Hopefully, you are a fan of beans?  If not, there are lots of other great vegetables that you can have with your protein at lunch that will help keep you full most of the day.  You're doing great and we're glad you've joined us on the boards.

Cheryl
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Marla....one other thing, Roger doesn't really suggest pork in his book. I have had lean pork tenderloin a few times, but maybe some of the real experts want to chime in on this.
3BOYS

Post by 3BOYS »

Thanks!  I got the recipe from the LDL message boards, so I assumed it was fine.  Hopefully, someone can clarify this for me. 
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

sval59 wrote:Marla....one other thing, Roger doesn't really suggest pork in his book. I have had lean pork tenderloin a few times, but maybe some of the real experts want to chime in on this.

that's because roger doesn't eat pork......but, lean pork is perfectly acceptable......i'm the one that posted that recipe and to tell you the truth, that's the only way i eat pork when i get a craving for it once in a while....with the sauerkraut, it's SO delicious.....THAT'S a good meal for when you've been craving things like cold cuts or unacceptable meats like that, because the pork and sauerkraut is SO satisfying...and because it's potted, you can remove ALL the fat, really easily, that you couldn't get off when you trimmed the meat before cooking it.. 
3BOYS

Post by 3BOYS »

Thanks Niki for clearing that up and thank you for the recipe...this is the first time I had sauerkraut and pork chops and really liked it, I was amazed at how tender the meat was.  I really like the polish sausage that we normally used and was afraid I wouldn't enjoy it this way.  You got to at least try things once.  After having that for lunch yesterday I skipped dinner, but I did wake up more hungry then usual this morning.

Today---

Breakfast - banana, orange, fruit smoothie, ice tea

Lunch - Mexican stuffed pepper filling

Have a great day!!

Marla
3BOYS

Post by 3BOYS »

2/21

No breakfast--off and running

Lunch Pork chops & sauerkraut

Dinner Chicken breast, corn, green beans

2/22

Breakfast Sinful Sausage & eggs

Lunch  Grilled chicken breast w/ lettuce, tomato & onion and green beans

Dinner  popcorn w/ICBINB (made in brown paper bag in microwave)

2/23

Breakfast - bananas

Lunch - Chef Salad....I know bad choice, but it was that or pizza--lunch bought by the boss...I did have my dressing on the side and I didn't eat all the meat & cheese

Dinner - popcorn & a couple corn thins
Last edited by 3BOYS on February 24th, 2009, 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sval59

Post by sval59 »

Hi Marla, how did the brown paper bag for the popcorn work for you?  I use this method all the time now and love the way the popcorn turns out! 

Cheryl
3BOYS

Post by 3BOYS »

Hi Cheryl,

It actually worked great.  I need to adjust my cooking time of course.  It also tasted more fresh then the actual microwave popcorn and of course cheaper....I'm sticking with this way of popping it for now on....

Marla
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Marla,

your porkchops and sauerkraut sound really good,  I haven't fixed that for a long time.  When we lived in Germany many years ago, the German Frau would make the best sauerkraut.  She sauteed an onion and bacon first and and then added an apple and the sauerkraut.  It was so good I will have to try that again only leaving the bacon out but adding some browned lean pork chops.

Wish you a great ldl day.

Hugs, Carrole
3BOYS

Post by 3BOYS »

Hi Carrole,

An apple, really...hmm sounds a little different.... I'll have to try that next time.

Have a good one!
Marla
3BOYS

Post by 3BOYS »

2/24/09

Breakfast - Sinful Sausage on corn thins, orange

Lunch - Pizza Soup, corn thins

Dinner - corn, green beans, popcorn
Last edited by 3BOYS on February 25th, 2009, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
3BOYS

Post by 3BOYS »

2/25/09

Breakfast - sinful sausage w/corn thins

Lunch - Pizza soup w/ corn thins

and it just dawned on me that I wasn't hungry.  Normally about this time I would be DIEING for something to eat...hmm amazing

Dinner - ???
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Marla, 

Want to stop by and wish you a good day.  Glad you are doing so well.  I haven't been able to skip any meals yet. I get so hungry at dinner time. 

Hugs, Carrole
3BOYS

Post by 3BOYS »

Hi Carrole...I haven't actually skipped any either.  I've ate something (popcorn if nothing else), just enough to tide me over.  I have found out that I can go longer without feeling hungry.  Last night I started getting hungry about 6, where as before I was feeling the hunger pains about 4.  So last night I had some corn and greenbeans and a few bites of the black bean & corn salsa that I was making for work.  By the way, this salsa is awesome, has just enough kick.  The recipe calls for stewed tomatoes but all the cans had high fructose so I opted against using them and used rotel diced tomatoes with green chile's (no sugar) and it worked out just fine.

Have a great day!
Marla