Carol's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Believing I Can

Carol's Journal

Post by Believing I Can »

Breakfast - Egg & Cheese McCorn Thin, an apple, some orange slices, grapes, black decaf coffee.

Lunch - A bowl of mixed bean soup, Jerry's Easy Beef Stew over a little brown rice, 2 Corn Thins.

Dinner - Steamed Veggies, a cup of mixed bean soup

Snack - A small smoothie, popcorn
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
The Eagles (Song: Already Gone)
Believing I Can

Re: Carol's Journal

Brunch - Apple & Orange slices, grapes, pineapple.  Egg Beaters, 2 tomato slices, Corn Thins.

LDL for Dinner - RT Burgers, Corn Thins, FF Cheese, Cup of mixed beans
So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key.
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Carol,  your menu's look good. 

Isn't this a great eating plan?  At church tonight they had booths out in the entry for people to get involved with the different ministries of the church and lots of them had cookies or candy platters.  I walked by and thought a good bowl of chili would turn me on more, not tempted with the cookies.

Hope you have a great day tomorrow.

Hugs, Carrole
dakotagirl

Post by dakotagirl »

Sweet_Pea - Maybe we should urge our churches to have an "LDL Ministry"!  There are so many people out there who could benefit from this plan!
Believing I Can

Sweet_Pea - Yep, this is a great eating plan.  I went to the grocery store yesterday, and they have the dried beans across the isle from the candy (go figure), but it didn't even bother me.  That is a big deal for me, since I was a chocoholic. 

Dakotagirl - That's a good idea to urge churches to have an LDL Ministry. 
Believing I Can

Sunday, 2/22/09

Breakfast - Eggbeaters, FF cheese, Corn Thins, pineapple, grapes, banana

LDL Lunch - Roger Troy Burger on Corn Thins, Sausage Chicken Nuggets, cup of mixed beans.

Dinner - Smoothie, popcorn
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Carol,

Wondering how you liked the sausage chicken nuggets?  I was thinking of making them for my granddaughters tomorrow.  I'm really hungry for a burger on corn thins, seems we've been eating so many soups and casseroles that just a plain burger sounds good.

Great idea about the churches having an ldl class.  I might have to mention that.  Ours does have a weight loss program but have never checked into it.  We have to travel around 12 miles or more to church so don't get to attend much during the week, especially when gas prices are up.

Just came by to cheer you on and wish you a great day
Believing I Can

Hi Sweet_Pea,

We loved the sausage chicken nuggets! I dusted them in a little Garbonzo Bean Flour and they were better than any that I have had in a restaurant.  Do you make your own chicken sausage?  I can't believe how easy it is to make.  I have always been one to buy prepared foods, because they were so much more convenient, but I am having fun making things from scratch now.  Yesterday, I bought a big box of tomatoes and I am going to try making my own tomato sauce. 

Yesterday's menu was:

Breakfast:  Apple and orange slices, a banana, grapes, a McCorn Thin using eggbeaters.

Lunch:  Little Mary's Tomato Soup, Sweet red peppers stuffed with a mix of beans, sausage and a little brown rice.  A small side salad with mixed beans.  Corn Thins (love those things!)

Dinner:  A smoothie and popcorn.
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Carol, What spices and herbs did you put in your sausage??  I didn't care a lot for mine that I made.

Thanks much.

Carrole
Believing I Can

Well, Carrole, I cook a little stranger than most people.  I don't taste food, I smell it to see if it has the right stuff in it, and I don't measure anything, unless I am following a certain recipe.  To make the chicken sausage, I grind the chicken breasts in my grinder, then I add black pepper, sage, italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and if I want some of it a little hotter, I add some red pepper.  I mix it all together real well and keep adding stuff until it smells like sausage should smell.  Then I put it in the fridge to get cold, so I can make it into patties to freeze. That's about it!

Carol
Believing I Can

Tuesday's (2/24/09) menu

Breakfast:  Orange slices, a banana, grapes, a McCorn Thin using eggbeaters.

Lunch:  Half of a sweet red pepper stuffed with a mix of beans, sausage and a little brown rice.  A slice of Neet's Meat Loaf, and a couple of Corn Thins.

Dinner:  Steamed carrots & broccoli. Canned peaches and pineapple. 

Went to fitness center today too!
Last edited by Believing I Can on February 24th, 2009, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Thanks Carol,

I don't measure either, just dump until it seems right, except if following a recipe.

Thanks so much.  I have ground up chicken in the fridge so will try this tomorrow.

Carrole
Believing I Can

Let me know how it comes out this time, Carrole.

B - Apple and orange slices, a banana, grapes, an egg McCorn Thin.

L - Garlic chicken over spaghetti squash, a couple slices of Neet's Meatloaf, cup of mixed beans.

D - Smoothie & popcorn.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Believing I Can wrote:To make the chicken sausage, I grind the chicken breasts in my grinder, then I add black pepper, sage, italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, and if I want some of it a little hotter, I add some red pepper.  I mix it all together real well and keep adding stuff until it smells like sausage should smell.  Then I put it in the fridge to get cold, so I can make it into patties to freeze.

Sounds so good, Carol.  You have inspired me to make this tomorrow.  I wasted the whole day posting.  <>

When is Doreen supposed to get back from CA?  I miss her, don't you?
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Carol, the chicken sausage turned out great.  Thanks so much for the help.  I can't wait to have it again tomorrow.  Seems like I ate so much again tonight.  Don't know why evenings are hard.  I don't eat the wrong stuff just too much.  I ate a good protein meal at noon also as Gwen reminded me. 

Have a great day.

Hugs, Carrole
Believing I Can

Gwen, I think Doreen should be back next weekend.  I do miss her smiling little face!  I hope they are having a great time.

Carrole,  you're welcome! I am glad you liked the chicken sausages.  I made some more today.  DH can eat them by the platefull. He is loving this program, and I am praying it helps his blood sugar come back down. 

Today we ate:

B - Apple and orange slices, a banana, grapes, an egg McCorn Thin.

L - Homemade spaghetti sauce over chopped up cauliflower.

D - A smoothie, tomato slices with a little mayo on Corn Thins. 
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Believing I Can wrote:Gwen, I think Doreen should be back next weekend.  I do miss her smiling little face!  I hope they are having a great time.

Carrole,  you're welcome! I am glad you liked the chicken sausages.  I made some more today.  DH can eat them by the platefull. He is loving this program, and I am praying it helps his blood sugar come back down. 

It will be nice to see her here again.  I haven't actually seen them in ages.

You DH's blood sugars will definitely go down by eating this way.  When does he go for his next test? You have probably already done this, but please get the Dr.'s approval on Let's Do Lunch for both of you.
ImageImage
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Wow Carol,

Your menu sounds fabulous.  I like variety and my dh would love it.  He also likes variety in his meals.  The corn thin macmuffin sounds great.  What did you put on it?  yum, I wasn't hungry but that sounds so good, it makes me think about fixing one.

Hugs, Carrole
Believing I Can

Gwen, yep we talked to our doctor about LDL, and he said to try it and see what happens.  DH doesn't see him again until June, so we are hoping his A1C will be lower then.  In from June to November last year, it had gone from 7.1 to 7.6.  Before LDL, his fasting BS was running mostly 160 to 205, but since Feb 9th (first day on LDL) they are coming down to the 120 to 160 range, which I know is still too high, but it is a start. 

Carrole, we put a thin amount of light mayo on each corn thin, then add an egg (or egg beaters) cooked in a spritz of evoo, and a thin slice of tomato. YUM!!! We are having rutabagas and onions tonight.  They sounded so good when you described them, we just have to try them.

Today we had:

B - Orange slices, a banana, grapes, an egg McCorn Thin.

L - Ruby Tuesday's white bean chicken chili soup, salad.

D - Rutabagas & onions, mixed bean soup

S - small smoothie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Sounds like you & DH are doing GREAT, Carol.  Glad to know LDL is working for both of you and that hubby is supportive, receptive, and receiving benefits, too!

Your friend,
Gwen
ImageImage