c00l whip

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
oma
New, but learning

c00l whip

Post by oma »

:sad:
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: c00l whip

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Oma - Glad to see you.  Hope you are doing well. 

What did you used to use Cool WHip on that you really liked?  Maybe we can help you find something else to eat that will taste just as good to you.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
oma
New, but learning

Post by oma »

strawberries *love* thank love fruit,all so what a bout whipping cream
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Sorry, Sweet Oma, whipping cream is an even bigger no-no than Cool-Whip lite because it is almost pure dairy butterfat, which would definitely not help with your weight loss.  The lite Cool Whip is all chemicals and still has some fat & sugar, which can cause cravings and deter your weight loss.  If you just cannot live without it, please just have one small teaspoon or less on a couple of your berries.  Sometimes the Cool Whip Free is fat-free, but contains sugar.  And the sugar-free contains fat!  You can't win.  If you MUST have it, get the sugar free kind and only have it, as Roger says, once in a while.

I love fruit, too and I don't need anything put on it, but sometimes I enjoy cutting up a variety of fruits in one bowl, so the sweetness & flavors blend together to make it more interesting. 

You might enjoy Mary's LDL Waldorf Salad made with no-sugar lite mayonnaise.  This is a link to the recipe:  http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... 88.0 

*****Mary and Roger - This recipe is a couple of years old -- Is Carb Options mayo still a good LDL choice?***** 

This is a very fancy recipe with a lot of ingredients, but you could make it with whatever fruits you have on hand - it is the mayo & lemon dressing that makes it.  Just remember, the 2/3 c. of mayo used in this recipe is to serve 4 people, so if you made it just for you alone, you would only use a fourth of that in your serving and you wouldn't want to have that every day.  It would be to enjoy occasionally, too.

I don't know what else you could serve with your fruit that would give you a creamy-cool mouth feel like whipped cream.  Does anyone have any other suggestions for Oma how to fix the yearning for Cool Whip with fruit?
Last edited by Gwennaford on February 25th, 2009, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

my kids enjoy strawberries w/  splenda and FF milk splash over it.
oma
New, but learning

Post by oma »

thank you to you all this is  helping  a lot. when in dout leave it out god bless you all oma