BrittyBean's Food Journal!

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
BrittyBean

BrittyBean's Food Journal!

Post by BrittyBean »

I decided to create a food journal to track my progress along with everyone else. :thumbsup:

June 9, 2009 was my first official day of LDL.
A middle-of-the-night (around 2am) snack consisted of an apple and a handful of fresh grapes due to having trouble sleeping.
Breakfast, around 11:30am, was an apple, a banana, and a bowl of fresh raspberries.
Lunch, at 2:30pm, wasn't much.  My appetite was rather absent, but I ate a nice amount of fresh baby carrots.
Exercise was about 40 minutes--fitness hula hooping! (had to stop early to go pick up my little brother for my dad)
Dinner was at around 6:30pm, and it was a hefty fresh fruit salad. Delicious!  It consisted of: 2 sliced & diced fresh navel oranges, 2 sliced & diced fresh apples (one green, one red), and one sliced & diced fresh banana.  Mmmm it was so good!
Later, around 11pm, I got the snack-attack syndrome!  So, I fixed it with a fresh apple and a generous amount of fresh grapes till I felt satisfied, along with a bottled water *third of the day*.
Throughout the day, I also drank an entire gallon of Diet Green Tea.  That stuff is HEAVENLY.  If only it didn't have Splenda. :sad:  I read the book, "Skinny Bitch" today, cover to cover, after skimming through "Let's Do Lunch"  again (I read it cover to cover last night!) and it REALLY convinced me to convert back to veganism.  I tried it for a few months during my freshman year of college, but living in the dorms and having an eating plan wasn't very vegan friendly, so I switched back to being a vegetarian, and then a pesco-veg (I like fish!).  After reading Skinny Bitch though, which I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend, I believe the overnight switch back to being a vegan is in the cards for tonight!  Today I was vegan without even realizing it!  All I ate was fresh fruits and veggies.  I love that!  But, I will still be following the LDL guidelines!  I'll just be tweaking some recipes or creating my own to fit to the vegan style of eating.  I'm very excited! :)

BrittyBean
Eat Lightly; Think Brightly; Be Sprightly!
grambonnie5

Re: BrittyBean's Food Journal!

Post by grambonnie5 »

Hi BrittyBean. I have been on and off vegetarian for about 20 years. I have never gone fully vegan yet however. I really don't like the taste or smell of meat. I have been on plans that meat was the mainstay tho and it causes lots of problems (tummy). Anyway, LDL seems to be a program that can be vegetarian or vegan. Good luck with it. Post some of your recipes that you come up with and I will do the same. :thumbsup:
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
BrittyBean

Re: BrittyBean's Food Journal!

Post by BrittyBean »

Hi!  I definitely agree, meat never agreed with my stomach when I did eat it, either.  I will certainly post recipes as soon as possible!  I'm excited to see (and try!) yours, too.  Thank you for the comment. :)
Eat Lightly; Think Brightly; Be Sprightly!