Mrsj's Jots & Jive

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
mrsj
Master Member

Mrsj's Jots & Jive

Post by mrsj »

Ok.  Got my own journal!  (waving to Kathie)
Terry & I are stopped for the night in Santee, SC.  There was plenty of rain, lightning and wind just before we stopped.  All's good now.
I'm trying to learn my way around this laptop.  I'm learnin' there's a lot I need to learn.  I wish it wouldn't ask me questions I don't know the answers to.
Oh well.  Maybe this post will make it.  My 1st try didn't.

I've peeked a bit first...........enough to know Trish has some nice pics on here. :thumbsup: And Gem's got Youtube figured out.  No surprise to me as talented as that gal is.
As for Jazmyn, I'm beginning to wonder if we are truly related.  I have this black thumb when I grow plants.  Oh there are a couple times I've had success with some plants but I think it's mostly 'cuz I left them alone.  They must have been in the right place for what they needed unbeknownst to me.

Switched my protein meal to dinner today.  The big breakfast kept me full so long.
B: hot fruit pie, 2 eggs over easy, orange xs energy drink
L: confetti bean salad, cherries, popcorn, cherry xs energy drink..........all stuff I had packed from home.
Actually called Easy Bean Salad (this gal, Julie, either has the giggles or got into the cooking wine) ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk_Td7dVSjg
D: McDonald's Caesar salad w/grilled chicken, which is not a true caesar salad more like a garden salad to me, quarter pounder w/o cheese on 1/2 bun, diet rite cola.  I tried Perrier water w/lemon today......not for me!!  Wish I could give the other bottles I have to someone who would like it.

Don't know why I can't see my cursor until I type or why my post jumps up and down as I type.  Then there's that pop up window for the umpteenth time telling me new wi-fi network is available.  Hopefully I'll learn by "doing" with all this.......but for now that's enough irritation! 
G'night all,
mrsj 
Jazmyn
Master Member

Re: Mrsj's Jots & Jive

Post by Jazmyn »

Woohooo! Cruella has her own journal! I am ever so excited  :thumbsup:

Well we are for sure going to be related just as soon as you sign those adoption papers  :D  Then I can be like "Yeah my mom Cruella? She can't grow anything either!"  :laughing:  I love that you have a warped sense of humor like me..just another genetic trait  :tongue:

I hope you and Terry are having a wonderful time! Do not take the lightening personally..I am sure it has something to do with the earth and its weather patterns and not just your own lil black cloud following you on your trip!  *lipssealed*  :laughing:

I am proud of you for taking on the laptop..you will get the hang of it in no time!

What are these xs energy drinks? ex = extra small or what?

Alright I am not in bed yet..and that is just wrong..was going to try to wait up for the boy..but he can open the door all by himself and wake me up when he gets here...mama needs her beauty sleep!

Love and hugs..talk to you soon..have fun! OH I LOVE name of your journal by the way!  :thumbsup:

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Yippee Mrs. J....you have your own journal!  *love*  I will come to visit often!  Now, about this jumping computer problem...you sure there wasn't a little something slipped into you Perrier today?  You just have a good time on your trip and you can tell us all about it when you return.  Nighty night!

PS I tried to say it 7 times fast and it came out mrs j's dots and dives...I think I better get to bed.  ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

You done throwed the whole world into shock, is what you done, Mrsj!

As I lives and breathes, Mrsj, if you ain't a rendered me speechless, an' you knows what an accomplishment that be.  

I cain't write nothin' now, 'cause the shock done froze up my brain cells, but I be back shortly, in rare form...

:kissed:
GEM

PS:  Was you a tryin' to sneak in under the cover of darkness, in the late hours of the night, a thinkin' nobody'd notice you done started youself a journal?  Foolish gal!  The Shadow Knows...
Last edited by GEM on July 17th, 2009, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

GEM
aaa

Post by aaa »

Dear MrsJ, Just stopped by to thank you for stopping by my "Musings"... Left you a message there.Don't have  time to read your journal just now.  But, I'll be back... or... I will return...you know Arnold and was that Winston Churchill or General Patton???!!! Anyway, I think you got the message.  Love and prayers, Annamaria P.S. Quite creative on your caption...
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Oh Oh!  :shock:

I think Cruella blew up her laptop!  :bomb:  :shocked:  ;D

Just teasin'! Hope you are having a lovely time away!  *hug*

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

MrsJ, glad to see you are mastering the laptop, I hope your rodetrip is just as relaxing as can be, dispite the lightning.  as for Gem
if you ain't a rendered me speechless,
I think you might have been the first. Just teasing Gem, we really wouldn't want you speechless for long, we'd surely miss all that wisdom.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Hi Mrs. J.....just visiting!  I hope you are well!  *love*
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Here's the score:    laptop 4    mrsj 1
I just lost my long post!  That one showed the laptop with 3 points.
Now I know why they call this thing a cursor.  *grrr*

I'll try again tomorrow as it is toooooo late for now.
Thanks dear friends for your posts.......they made me smile.
Love,
mrsj
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

mrsjudo wrote:Here's the score:     laptop 4     mrsj 1
I just lost my long post!  That one showed the laptop with 3 points.
Now I know why they call this thing a cursor.  *grrr*

Love,
mrsj

ROTFL!   *woot* *woot* *woot*  An' you's now the curse-ee.  *evil*  Serious though, it ain't no fun to have you's thoughts a snatched out of you's computer by some unseen evil hand, whilst you jus' sits helplessly by.  Now, Miz Kathie done shared her remedy for that, an' what she does is, she copys and saves her text as she's a formulatin' her thoughts.  Ask her to walk you through it, cause ole Gem'll get you lost in the ethernet.  But I's still proud of you, Mrsj, no matter what the scorecard reads, on account of the danged laptop is still in you's lap, an' not a throwed out the window.

I thanks you for all them hugs you done crushed me in so tight yesterday: you done squeezed out the bad thoughts, 'long with my breathin'.  But didn't I recover nicely, thanks to you, and the Front Porch Sitters?  You know what Dolly Parton done told the bald man?  "Just 'cause you got no fuzz, don't mean you ain't a peach."  Well, you's a peach, too, Mrsj, 'cause you's alway's a givin' somebody the warm fuzzies.
Last edited by GEM on July 21st, 2009, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

GEM
RandomRaff

Post by RandomRaff »

Just stopped by to congratulate you on the journal and I look greatly forward to reading your journal entries!!!

Welcome to our little corner of fun  *woot*

*love* Raffi
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

*hug* well tank ye tank ye dear lady an Ima so proud ye don went an gotcha a journal  *hug*

as for ther laptop  :bomb: I dont like Dh's either
I think its a man thing  *evil*  :poo:  :kiss:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I don't have a laptop and I am petty computer literate.  However, I need a regular keyboard....don't know why but I like to beat on the keys!  *woot*   So, I admire you so much for wrestling with the darn thing!  You are one tough cookie, er, um, I mean corn thin!   :rose:

Here is what you do so you don't lose posts:

After completing your entry, and it is all spellchecked, ....but BEFORE you click on post:
Highlight the whole entire post.
Click on edit at the top left of your computer screen and then click copy.
You don't have to actually paste it anywhere, because now the computer is remembering it for you.
Now, you can click post.  
If the post disappears into cyberspace, you need only open another reply window and then you go back to edit and this time click paste and there is your whole post good as new.  

I follow this procedure every time before I post anything and it has saved me several times already from losing something that took me quite some time to compose.  
Last edited by turkkm on July 22nd, 2009, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

turkkm wrote:I don't have a laptop and I am petty computer literate.  However, I need a regular keyboard....don't know way but I like to beat on the keys!  *woot*   So, I admire you so much for wrestling with the darn thing!  You are one tough cookie, er, um, I mean corn thin!   :rose:

Here is what you do so you don't lose posts:

After completing your entry, and it is all spellchecked, ....but BEFORE you click on post:
Highlight the whole entire post.
Click on edit at the top left of your computer screen and then click copy.
You don't have to actually paste it anywhere, because now the computer is remembering it for you.
Now, you can click post. 
If the post disappears into cyberspace, you need only open another reply window and then you go back to edit and this time click paste and there is your whole post good as new. 

I follow this procedure every time before I post anything and it has saved me several times already from losing something that took me quite some time to compose. 

Now ain't this jus' exactly the same thing I done tole you, Mrsj?  A startin' right 'bout the place where I said, "Ask Kathie..."  *evil* :tongue:

GEM
bethp

Post by bethp »

Hi, MsJ! I can't believe you stopped in Santee SC. That's where I was at the same time! That's where my parents live! and I know which night you were there cuz the storm came up over the lake like crazy!!! My mom and dad live on the lake. You can actually see the bridge over 95 from their backyard.  I didn't read all your journal since I'm popping in to say hi! I have to get caught up especially now that my computers are back up running again. Hope you had a good trip.
Hugs!
Talk soon, Beth  :rose:
This is the day which the LORD has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Image
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Jazmyn wrote:[i]Woohooo! Cruella has her own journal! I am ever so excited  :thumbsup:

Well we are for sure going to be related just as soon as you sign those adoption papers  :D  Then I can be like "Yeah my mom Cruella? She can't grow anything either!"  :laughing:  I love that you have a warped sense of humor like me..just another genetic trait  :tongue:
[color=blue]I'm ready to sign the papers! :)  Like attracts like they tell me.  No wonder I like your sense of humor! :D

I hope you and Terry are having a wonderful time! Do not take the lightening personally..I am sure it has something to do with the earth and its weather patterns and not just your own lil black cloud following you on your trip!  *lipssealed*  :laughing: You're my favorite silly girl!

I am proud of you for taking on the laptop..you will get the hang of it in no time!

What are these xs energy drinks? ex = extra small or what?
These obviously are not on the LDL list of what to buy.  They are 8.4 oz energy drinks and on the can it says "All of the energy! None of the sugar!"  I feel better drinking these over soda.  They are sold by distributors of Amway Global.  No, I am not one but I used to be.  I did drink these my first go round with LDL and I still lost weight.

Alright I am not in bed yet..and that is just wrong..was going to try to wait up for the boy..but he can open the door all by himself and wake me up when he gets here...mama needs her beauty sleep!

Love and hugs..talk to you soon..have fun! OH I LOVE name of your journal by the way!  :thumbsup:
Hugs back at ya dear Jazmyn! *hug*
Cruella
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

aaaguillard wrote:Dear MrsJ, Just stopped by to thank you for stopping by my "Musings"... Left you a message there.Don't have  time to read your journal just now.  But, I'll be back... or... I will return...you know Arnold and was that Winston Churchill or General Patton???!!! Anyway, I think you got the message.  Love and prayers, Annamaria P.S. Quite creative on your caption...
Ooh, ooh, a history trivia question.  I'm thinking that was General Douglas MacArthur.......but yeah, I definitely got your message Annamaria.  Thanks for your visit.
mrsj
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

mom wrote:MrsJ, glad to see you are mastering the laptop, I hope your rodetrip is just as relaxing as can be, dispite the lightning.  as for Gem
if you ain't a rendered me speechless,
I think you might have been the first. Just teasing Gem, we really wouldn't want you speechless for long, we'd surely miss all that wisdom.
That's a cute funny one mom!  See Gem how much mom thinks of you!  We tease the ones we love. :kiss:
Good to have your  visit mom.
mrsj
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

GEM wrote:
mrsjudo wrote:Here's the score:     laptop 4     mrsj 1
I just lost my long post!  That one showed the laptop with 3 points.
Now I know why they call this thing a cursor.  *grrr*

Love,
mrsj

ROTFL!  *woot* *woot* *woot*  An' you's now the curse-ee.  *evil*  Serious though, it ain't no fun to have you's thoughts a snatched out of you's computer by some unseen evil hand, whilst you jus' sits helplessly by.  Now, Miz Kathie done shared her remedy for that, an' what she does is, she copys and saves her text as she's a formulatin' her thoughts.  Ask her to walk you through it, cause ole Gem'll get you lost in the ethernet.  But I's still proud of you, Mrsj, no matter what the scorecard reads, on account of the danged laptop is still in you's lap, an' not a throwed out the window.

I thanks you for all them hugs you done crushed me in so tight yesterday: you done squeezed out the bad thoughts, 'long with my breathin'.  But didn't I recover nicely, thanks to you, and the Front Porch Sitters?  You know what Dolly Parton done told the bald man?  "Just 'cause you got no fuzz, don't mean you ain't a peach."  Well, you's a peach, too, Mrsj, 'cause you's alway's a givin' somebody the warm fuzzies.
Whatever do you mean dear Gem? :angel: :angel: :angel: *evil*
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Cruella? Are you home yet? Or still struggling on the road with that laptop?

Thank you for answering all my questions! Ok so tell me more about this "first" round on LDL? So you did it before and it worked..then what happened? I am being serious for a change here too..I am just curious if you decided that was enough for awhile or started slipping and then just forgot about doing it for awhile? I was thinking alot about why I have stopped things in the past...and how this is different? Will I actually make it this time..I feel like I will because it is so straight forward and SO doable! Anyway, always love to hear your thoughts and stories  *hug*

You may want to reconsider the adoption..I think I might be high maintenance!  :laughing:  :inlove:

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone