Lulu65's journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: Lulu65's journal

Post by witheraway1 »

Sorry you have been feeling bad. Sounds like you have a great day planned with your daughter. How many children do you have?
Just eat as the DR says and hopefully you will feel better soon...Take Care!  Wither
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Lulu- Hope the day was fun and you found delicious foods to eat.  You are in my heart and prayers with the upcoming chemo.  Hugs- Pam
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Hi Wither:  I have three adult children 2 boys one 44, one 41, and my daughter 38..Turned out to be an awesome day.. Quite a bit of walking, nice outdoor terraces to sit and have a water or a beer which dear daughter had .. then we found this lovely fish place so I had broiled halibut, a shrimp skewer, baked potato.. no skin, and grilled peppers.  Got some good shopping done and we are just home now... and left here at 12:30 PM... 10 hrs almost. Thanks for the visit and I hope to stick to Doc's orders.. I will... :)
Pam:  Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for the chemo..Hugs to you too! 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Blessings to you LuLu,
Happy you had a wonderful day.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Thinking of you and wishing you all the best my fellow Canadian.

Thank you for updating us, I have been wondering how you were doing.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda your gown is beauiful, Did you have a big wedding?
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Well, you are very blessed to have 3 children. My children bring me a lot of happeness. I could not imagine not having them. They will be there for you! I am sure!
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

My kids are a Blessing indeed.. My dear daughter and I do quite a few things together.. and my eldest lives not far from me so he is able to help with heavy stuff .4 grandchildren are fun too!
My other son lives over 3 hrs away and is out of town 3 weeks a month all over the world etc.. He works for a medical supply company that is now owned by a company in Sweden..
Food yesterday was not the greatest.. not off diet.. just no appetite.. I think I was lonely after having such a nice day with daughter
Today had a good diet day
again not LDL totally but not bad

Breakfast 2 eggs, cheese, white toast..
Lunch Glucerna shake
Supper  white basmati rice, skinless, boneless chicken breast and asparagus tips..
sliced peaches for dessert (frozen) 

Hope everyone had a lovely Sunday lots of rain here and all week..
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

We sure could use the rain. The little we got last week soaked in completely and the ground is dry again.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Lulu, so happy you have your kids. mine are great as well, what a blessing. For both of us plus your Ldl friends. Think postive thoughts, I refuse to be negetive about anything. I think it affects our health and attitute.
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

How old are your grandchildren Lulu?
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Hi everyone:  been MIA for a bit.. first a burnt monitor.. then went to get port a cathe put in (on Thursday)to to receive more chemo treatments which I got my first one on Friday.. finally got home Friday late in day.. so have been busy.
Diet is pretty iffy right now.. very low residue and then that is not always enough (Imodium  I have to take in ridiculous amounts)so I keep trying my best also I was hoping to fully commit to LDL since spring is here and all the veggies and fruits are so much better tasting this time of year.. but alas that will have to wait..
If things do not settle down I will have to quit treatments but I am going to try to find out what has been causing all this and hopefully will have answers when i have my next treatment June 3..
Cameron I have 4 grandchildren... Two are  8 and one 4 and one going to be 2 in August...
Beautiful long weekend here in Canada (Victoria day) and for the US folks a long weekend also..
Will be here from time to time but my diet is not really LDL and I truly do not want to give newbies the wrong ideas about rice etc etc...
PS.... am down 4 lbs so i will take that anyway I can take it.. :) 
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Lulu- Your way of discarding pounds is certainly nothing that any of us would want to endure.  You are a brave woman to go through all that has happened in the past few years with your cancer treatment and all the changes in your life.  You are in my heart and prayers for a manageable course of treatment and a full recovery.  Hugs- Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Well said Pam.

Thank you for updating us Lulu, we have been thinking of you and hoping for the very best.

I am sure those grandchildren are the light of your life!

BTW if the Stanley Cup finals end up being between Boston and Vancouver, who will you be cheering for?
We only have to give San Jose one more spanking, and we will be on our way!!  :)
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Thanks Pam for your kind words... not easy but we have to accept what life deals us and try make the best of it...
Oh dear Cameron.. Now I am put on the spot.. i know you are a Canuck.. and I do like Boston my reason is this Boston, Chicago etc were part or the original 6... Canucks I will split my wishes for both of them.. I will watch the games and give my best evaluation of teh team that plays the best.. How does that sound.. lol..  I am happy and surprised Vancouver did make it to the finals... Hockey really is a funny game...
Grandkids are apple of my eye.. My 8 year old had a little art exhibition last week.. Her mom put her in private art lessons it was quite amazing to see some of the work of these youngsters... I would post photos of them but I really must be careful as my kids are really afraid of posting children's photos on the net.. I have them on Facebook but my settings are so tight no one only my friends can see them.
Last edited by lulu65 on May 24th, 2011, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Sounds like you are enjoying the little ones. Do they live close by? One of our grandkids lives just 2 houses up the hill from us, that's Amys kids. He is 10 and a handfull. Sometimes I have to say tho enjoyable he can really get on my nerves. I think with me being around kids all the time with the daycare, I have a short fuse sometimes. Sometimes you just need space!
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Wither, does Amy just have 1 child? He sounds like a character!

Lulu, you go right ahead and cheer for Boston! They have a great team too. Yes, I so hoping that Vancouver can actually win.Do you remember 1994 when they lost the cup to the Islanders? There were riots in the streets, certainly not something you would expect to see in Vancouver.

Lulu if we play Boston, I will be looking for your analysis of every game!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

CAMERON,
Amy has 3 kids, but victor is the only one livivg at home. The other 2 are grown and on their on. We have 7 grandkids, that's pently to keep you busy.

Don't know about the games, but may the best team win. When do these games happen?
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Wither...Cameron and I are talking hockey. lol.I love my hockey especially when it comes to the play offs... too many teams now to really watch it all season.
I have not watched Vancouver yet but will def be doing that..If you really look at it most of the players are mostly Canadians anyways... I truly dislike Mtl fans.. There are fights in the street, vandalism to shops etc.. when they win so maybe that adds to why I really do not care too much for them.. As for grandkids they are sweet.. Two live about 10 miles away, and the other two live almost 4 hrs away so don't get to see them very often...  7 grandchildren would keep you busy for sure
Cameron:  lol I will try to give my best evaluation of the game.. Do you like Don Cherry.. got to love that colorful guy.. he is usually spot on to on his comments....I got to say that the Habs/Boston series was a nail biter... both teams did play with all their hearts ..
down another 2 lbs.... this is not the LDL way. .but being limited to what I can eat... Dietitian suggested get some protein powder which I am going to do..
off to get showered and ready for home care...
Have a great day everyone!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks Lulu, For the info, now I am smarter.  :laughing: