EnJae's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
snowbirdie
Master Member

Re: EnJae's Journal

Post by snowbirdie »

thanks Enjae, I just wondered. I have had it of and on for years just not necessary braggs. I did buy braggs and it is quite good tasting. Oh well just wondered if you thought it was a type of health food to make us feel better.
                    Judie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

I have enjoyed diluted & sweetened apple cider vinegar in the past.  It has a tangy refreshing taste, especially in the summer.  Does Bragg's vinegar taste like ACV? 

What do the aminos & sprinkles do?  I don't want to miss out on anything  :sideways:

Hope your life is good !

Loves, Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I've used Bragg's liquid aminos.  They taste like soy sauce to me...very diluted soy sauce.  I like to use it with a tiny bit of sesame seed oil and canola oil for salad dressing.  It makes it seem like a nice Chinese Salad.  Yum!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Yes, you use the Liquid Aminos like a healthy version of soy sauce.
And the vinegar is a raw apple cider vinegar.
Bragg's also has an Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
You mix the olive oil, the ACV and the Sprinkles to make a salad dressing. Or you can use the Sprinkles to top a salad. I add them when a mixed seasoning of sort is called for.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Let's see, I've missed journaling my meals from the 24th through the 26th.
I had an awful sinus headache during that time. (Very cold weather blew in here.) I can't begin to remember what I have eaten before today so I guess I'll just skip a couple of days.

26 January 2009

Breakfast:
orange, apple, banana

breaktime:
coffee, water, hot tea

Lunch:
frozen vegetarian dinner, diet Dr Pepper

Snack:
popcorn, hot tea, water

Supper:
a ground turkey breast patty made into a bun-less, lettuce-wrapped burger with mustard, side salad, water
Last edited by EnJae on January 27th, 2009, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

1 February 2009

Breakfast:
banana, oats, water, Tylenol

Lunch:
chicken breast, beef, beans,peas, salad, water

Snack:
Wasa Light Rye Crisp, soynut butter, little bit of raw honey, water, Tylenol

Supper:
chicken breast, corn chips and salsa, Dr. Pepper
(ate what was offered at a party)

Bedtime Snack:
egg, water, Tylenol

I did eat off-plan today, but given the levels of pain I had today and the fact that I did not have my own transportation when at an acquaintance's house I did the best I could today.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

There you are!  Sorry you've been feeling funky.  Kayce (DD#1 in Tulsa) had to miss a couple of days of work because of the ice storm, too.  Thankfully, they haven't ever lost power.  Poor Pat & her DH are stuck in a hotel in Nashville.

Good to see you, Enjae.  You're doing a good job.  You are a very conscientious LDL'er & a good example of how people can still be successful even under great adversity.

Loves, Gwen
ImageImage
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Hi Gwennie! Thanks for stopping in at my journal. I love you!
cuzican

Post by cuzican »

I know I do not know you but for some reason I feel like I do.  You are such an empathtic person to all who write their thoughts here and I just felt I needed to tell you so.

Barb

Best of luck with this program, I feel it is the right one for me and I am spreading the word the best way I know how, by trying to eat what I should and hopefully lose enough weight that others will want to try> (Now where did all that come from)  :thumbsup:
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Barb;
It was God.
I am feeling discouraged today because: 1) I am telling people in my life about LDL and no one seems interested; 2) one friend who WAS interested a few weeks ago seems to have turned her back on it; and 3) I am just not losing weight right now.

But in reading your post to me I realized that none of that matters. If no one ever gets into LDL around me I still would eat this way. If I never lose another pound I would eat this way because I FEEL better.
Thank you for redirecting my thought patterns. And I thank God for using you tonight.
NJ
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

2 February 2009

Breakfast:
I moved around too slow today and did not get breakfast.

Lunch:
Ground beef, corn, salad, iced tea

Supper:
Anxious about something I had to do tonight and at the same time felt discouraged about my own thought processes... Chose to eat a creamy spinach and artichoke dip with chips and celery. I drank tea.
God allowed me to succeed at what I had to do tonight after supper and then Barb posted an encouraging message to me. I am thinking better and back on track.

Have to get up at 5:30am and eat some fruit.
Good night.
NJ
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Dear EnJae - I'm really trying not to jump in with my two-cent's worth on EVERY single topic that's posted, but I cannot let this one pass.  Barb was exactly on target with her comments.  You have a sweet spirit and a gentle heart.  I feel bad that you are easily hurt, but how I admire you for the way you bounce back!  You are pretty, smart, and funny, and you have overcome some amazing challenges.    I love you, NJ.

Want to hear more?  COME BACK MORE OFTEN & SPEND A LITTLE MORE TIME WITH US ! ! !  LOL  :inlove:

Gwen
ImageImage
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

HaHaHa.
Gwennie; the only times I am not here are when I am overbooked with work and personal activities after work. Otherwise I am reading the boards early in the morning while I sip this nasty cup of coffee, in the evenings when I'm winding down before bed.
I will admit there have been quite a few days just recently when I am exhausted and do not get up in time to sit in front of the computer before work and then drag home too late to get online before bedtime. BUT USUALLY, I get on here daily.  ;D I ain't runnin' off.
NJ

3 February 2009

Before Breakfast:
coffee

Breakfast:
oranges, apple, banana, water

Lunch:
lean meatloaf, corn on the cob, iced tea, water

Supper:
mixed peppers, corn, beans, salsa, onions, water
Last edited by EnJae on February 4th, 2009, 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

6 February 2009

Breakfast:
coffee, orange, apple, banana, eggs, oats (I ate quite a bit this morning. I will be working from 8-8, with two 1-hr meal breaks, and I have learned this week that I need more fuel than I have been getting for my new job.)

Lunch:
Hamburger with top bun thrown away, salad, popcorn, iced tea

Supper:
chili with onions, pinto beans (hold the cornbread), iced tea

Party with friends:
orange spice tea
Last edited by EnJae on February 7th, 2009, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

7 February 2009

Breakfast:
orange, apple, banana, water

Lunch:
steak, pinto beans w/tomatillo salsa & onions, corn, salad, water

Supper:
lots of green beans, some corn, water
Last edited by EnJae on February 8th, 2009, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Look at you, you good little LDL'er, you!  Orange spice tea sounds good.  Hot or cold?  How was it made, I'd like to have some.

So... bodywise - Lost anything significant lately?  pounds, inches, clothes size?  Soon I'll weigh less than 300 lb. !
ImageImage
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

Gwenn, I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!
Thyroid :)
Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

No Gwen, I've been stuck on a plateau for awhile. BUT I know that I'll lose as long as I stay on plan.
The orange spice tea was a tea bag they gave me with hot water. Steeped at the table.
Whoo-Hoo! on your weight loss! Mine turn's comin'!  *hug*

8 February 2009

Breakfast:
apples and a banana, water

Lunch:
grilled chicken breast, onions, bell peppers, beans, corn, salsa, water

Supper:
green beans, corn, pinto beans, water
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Enjae,  

You always sound like such a busy person.  I enjoy reading your posts and was so happy when you were reunited with your dog.  

I hope you have a great week and God bless you.

Hugs, Carrole
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

9 February 2009
[Today would have been Mother's 74th birthday.]

Breakfast:
clementines, an apple, a banana, water

Tried to donate platelets at 11:30am but my iron count was too low. I ate a few things off-plan at lunch because they are high in iron.

Lunch:
peanuts, spinach and artichoke dip with corn chips, a spicy steak salad (steak, romaine lettuce, tomato, corn and black bean salsa, spicy ranch dressing on the side), water, small brownie (for the chocolate), an iron pill that my pharmacist recommended

Got home and took some tylenol for the headache I've had for 3 days. drank water and 8 oz of Diet Dr. Pepper.
Gonna lie down for a nap.

Successfully back on track --
Supper:
Grilled chicken breast, salad, dressing on the side, water

Later at my meeting:
hot jasmine/chamomile/green tea with Stevia

To help with 'internal cleansing' I am going to start eating about 4 oz of "Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Sprouted Grain Crunchy Cereal" at bedtime.
I  ate it dry and then drank water.

I can't handle laxatives. Before LDL I used to eat Kellogg's Raisin Bran dry and then follow it with water. Always worked overnight for me. But the raisins in that cereal are coated in sugar.
Last edited by EnJae on February 10th, 2009, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.