EnJae's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: EnJae's Journal

Post by Gwennaford »

Mine, too, on the 17th.  Born in 1935.  Died WAY too young.  Praying this is not sending you into a tailspin this year  ....

Love you bunches,
Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

My mother was born in '35 too, Gwennie.
Yes, I am grieving today. Might not have chosen to listen to the nurse's advice to eat some things off-plan if it were a different day. Tailspin is occurring but hopefully will not last long. I'm going to try to make good choices in a few minutes at Red Robin.

I really miss my mom and my friend Bobbie today. Can't quit crying.
lifegoeson24n7

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

NJ,

Hope you make it through this day and don't tailspin too much.  I too lost my mother, she was born in '39, but I lost her 26 years ago 2 days before her 44th b-day.  I like to think my mother is watching and sees my children and my life with approval, I also imagine that she would be my biggest fan and support in my efforts to get healthy and stick to the LDL way of life.  I buy daisies when I am missing and thinking of her, they were her favorite and now they are mine.  I find it helps me to cope, and the flowers are like a link between us.

BTW.  Let us know when you get below 200.  I can't wait for that day to come for me, but I have awhile.  You are so close and have been so successful thus far, your postings are one of my favorite reads.  I too wonder how you manage your busy lifestyle, but gives me encouragement too.  We can have it all :)

-Jill
If you fall off the horse, climb right back on!
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thanks Jill;
I think I got a lot of junk out today while crying. I'm ready for tomorrow to be a new day.

Everyone;
Don't worry if I don't post much this week. I am planning on eating well; but I have a hard work schedule and may not have the energy to post after work. I could be wrong; but we'll see how things go.
NJ
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

10 February 2009

Breakfast:
coffee, clementines, apple, banana, water

Lunch:
steak salad (steak, romaine lettuce, tomato, corn and black bean salsa, no dressing), small can of corn, water.

Supper:
Was VERY HUNGRY after work!
Ate steak, corn, pureed pinto beans (fat-free 'refried beans'), salsa, jalapenos, green onions, water, took 2 Excedrin.

Bedtime:
'Ez. 4:9 cereal', water
Last edited by EnJae on February 10th, 2009, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lifegoeson24n7

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

NJ,

Thank you for the reference to Ez 4:9.  I looked it up and then read further.  Could you imagine being limited to 8 oz of mixed grain a day, as well as limited to 2/3 quart of water?  I curse my stove, but it is definitely better than cooking over cow dung.  (I guess early settlers used to round up buffalo chips for cooking at night though)  But if you read on, the restricted diet is to break the dependence on the bread in Jerusalem.  I think LDL is our given method to break our dependence on the high fat, high carb hold that American eating has on us.

Your headaches have me worried.  Are you depressed?  I used to have horrible migraines every day when I was stuck in a job that truly made me depressed.  I was on anti-depressants and abilify, but nothing would get rid of the headaches.  They got so bad I started having ataxia (Sp?  where you tremor uncontrollably)  In the month that I quit my hateful job, the headaches stopped and I got to stop taking the anti-depressant medications.  Honestly I took no less than 6 excedrin a day, even with the medications.  Please, talk to your doctor about your headaches.

Keep on keeping on,
Jill
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

lol  :D
--The reference to Ezekiel was because I was eating a certain brand of cereal called "Ezekiel 4:9 Cinnamon Raisin Sprouted Grain Crunchy Cereal". That's really the name of it.
--My headaches are a life-long problem. My veins are too small.
Tension headaches, migraine headaches, sinus headaches, unexplained headaches.
My doctor and my neurologist know about them. Headaches are the reason I drink the prescribed one cup of coffee a day when I don't even like coffee. They are the reason I carry MaxAlt, Excedrin, Tylenol, Advil, and Sudafed in my purse wherever I go.
I have had a problem with depression but do not currently suffer from it. I had a job I loved but did not have health insurance. So I quit that beloved job recently and got a new job with benefits. I am finding that I love this new job just as much. This new job is more demanding physically than I was prepared for, but I know that in a few weeks my strength will pick up and I'll be "up" for the task.
Thank you for your concern. I don't mean to worry everyone.
NJ
Last edited by EnJae on February 10th, 2009, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

GOOD, 'cause I didn't want to start wondering what that smell was wafting over from Abilene!  You know how smoke hangs in this humid air!
ImageImage
lifegoeson24n7

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

NJ,

How funny a name brand food, boy do I feel stupid....but the bible study this morning was very good for my soul.

Glad to know the headaches are diagnosed, I was just worried about you.

Your story thus far is very inspirational to me and I enjoy watching your progress.

Jill
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Wanted to stop by and wish you a HAPPY VALENTINES DAY Enjae,

Take care and have a good restful weekend.

Hugs, Carrole
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

:yawn:
Wow I' tierd. (translation: 'Wow, I'm tired.')

On Thursday I worked from 8am to 8:15pm. Then between 8:15 and 8:30 we had an office meeting. A crisis had occurred and our department was going to have to cover another departments' shifts. I headed home and slept 3 hours then worked on Friday from 2am-2pm. Slept 3 hours then got up and went to a valntine's (Valentine's) dinner I had been invited to at my friends' church. Slept al (all) night, woke up at 11am on Suatruday (Saturday) and worked from 2pm on Saturday until 6am this morning.
I've slpet (slept) 5 hours and am now sitting here groggy wonderieng (wondering) why I am not still in bed asleep. 
I think I'm gonna make a cup of coffee, eat some fruit and go back to bed.
NJ

LOL Hey! I spell funny when I'm exhausted! I started to re-write it all when I re-read it tonight, but then thought it too funny to get rid of. Corrections are in purple.
Last edited by EnJae on February 15th, 2009, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

Wow NJ hope you got some more sleep...... makes me tired just reading your post!
Marie :yawn:
Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
lifegoeson24n7

Post by lifegoeson24n7 »

EnJae wrote: :yawn:
Wow I' tierd.

No wonder you are tired.  You know they say being over tired is as bad as being drunk.  Sleep well.

BTW- I just noticed the picture gallery and saw your before picture, you have changed dramatically almost a different person. 

What a role model you make. :)

Jill
thyroid

Post by thyroid »

I agree what a difference!!!!!

marie  ;D
Don't ask God to guide your footsteps if you're not willing to move your feet.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank you, Jill and Marie. Yes, I got more sleep. I feel much better now.
And thank you about the comment on my lost weight. That pic was at my highest weight.
I seem to be stalled at the moment but I am looking forward to losing another 59#s and then see what I have left to lose after that.
NJ
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Little Seester -- Good to see you haven't lsot your sense of hUMor.  ha ha  About your highest weight -- I will be so ahppy when I get DOWN to t263!  This is how I always type.  I hve to preview, post & modify every single message I send. 

That's very interesting comparing exhaurstion to inebriation.  ...s'kay... ah'm jst  zahsted, ARIGHTT  :sideways:?

Love, Gwennaford Grape
Last edited by Gwennaford on February 16th, 2009, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I DO exist. I'm just exhausted. I hope I can post more soon.
I am sticking to the plan, just too tired to be online much right now.
NJ
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Whew!
I was pretty tired for the last 2 weeks. But I hope I am over the worst of it. I slept quite a bit over the last 2 days.

24 February 2009

Before Breakfast:
coffee

Breakfast:
strawberries. 2 eggs, lots of water

Lunch:
chicken breasts, grilled onions, salad, mustard. large iced tea

Snack:
can of diet coke, large glass of water

Supper:
bell pepper & onion chopped together like a salad of sorts, little bit of cheese, large glass of iced tea

Bedtime:
water (very thirsty today)
Last edited by EnJae on February 24th, 2009, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

25 February 2009

Breakfast:
coffee, oats soaked in lactose-free skim milk, water

Lunch:
pork tenderloin, green beans, iced tea

Afternoon Problem.... I did not have any fruit in the house this morning for breakfast; my new job is physically draining; I ran out of energy suddenly this afternoon. Probably a drop in blood sugar. I had to sit down at work and then my boss had me drink a coke to help me recover. It worked. After work tonight I made sure to run by the store and stock up on fruit. Shouldn't happen again.

Supper:
pinto beans, iced tea and water.
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hi Enjae,

Always sounds like you work such long hours, I feel sorry for you.  I know you like your job but wish you didn't have to work so hard.

Just thinking of you tonight

Hugs, Carrole