EnJae's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
EnJae
Master Member

Re: EnJae's Journal

Post by EnJae »

19 March 2009

Before Breakfast:
coffee

Breakfast:
apple, banana, 1 bite of a NASTY orange (it was AWFUL!!!)

Lunch:
hamburger made with 2 patties, holding the mustard, pickles, onions, lettuce and tomato between the two patties, a fruit bowl, iced tea, water, vitamins
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

How is work going NJ, are you still enjoying it? 

Have a great Friday!

hug, Carrole
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Whew! I'm TIRED! Yesterday was an 8am-8pm day. I just have to make it through 4 hour this morning and then I get to have a massage after lunch. I am sore all over.

20 March 2009

Before Breakfast:
coffee

Breakfast:
eggs, oats, apple, banana, water

Lunch:
leftovers (Pizza Soup mixed with beans and corn), water, vitamins

Supper:
chicken breast, water, vitamins
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Still sleepy but had a very mild day at work this morning; praise YHWH.

21 March 2009

Before Breakfast:
coffee

Breakfast:
apple, banana, water, medicine

Lunch:
pinto beans, corn, pico de gallo, water, vitamins, medicine

[Had a 1 hour massage after lunch. I feel gooood.] Water

Supper:
steak, beans, corn, salad, water, vitamins
Last edited by EnJae on March 22nd, 2009, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

22 March 2009

Sick today.
Breakfast:
water & Advil PM

Lunch:
slept through

Supper:
Woke up at 7pm -- fever gone.
apple, 'chicken parmesean', spinach, water

I took a grilled chicken breast, spooned same Pizza Soup over it and topped it with fat-free mozzarella cheese.
Last edited by EnJae on March 23rd, 2009, 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

23 March 2009

1am
oats

Before Breakfast:
coffee

Breakfast:
apple, banana,

Lunch:
steak, spinach, water, vitamins

Supper:
black eyed peas, spinach, water, vitamins
Last edited by EnJae on March 23rd, 2009, 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hope you are feeling better.

Hug, Carrole
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

24 March 2009

Feeling some better. Canceled my day yesterday and stayed home. Worked a puzzle some, rested a LOT.

Before Breakfast;
coffee

Breakfast:
(planned)
apple, banana, eggs, oats soaked in lactose-free skim milk, water, sinus medicine

Lunch:
(planned)
corn, beans, water, vitamins

Supper:
(planned)
grilled chicken, vegetables, water, vitamins
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi EnJae.  Thrilled to see you here & journaling more.  Now that you are, I'm not!  I've been lurking when I pop in for recipes.  Sorry you're feeling puny.  Me too, a little.  Seasons change, arthritis flares.  YOU know how it is. 

I've been staying busy chasing Michelle around the mall, acting a fool in my red hat, & generally taking care of my life.  Staying LDL compliant is very easy now, so I may not resume DAILY food journals.  I will be posting, just not as much.

Loves, Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

UGH! Rough week!  But the hardest of it is behind me. I work just 4 hours this morning and then I have a music class after lunch; can rest after that.
I got sick last weekend with fever and congestion. Got better just in time for my work week to start on Tuesday; barely made it through.
Weirdness: On Thursday it was in the 80's. Yesterday morning I got up at 5:30 and it was pleasant outside, maybe in the 60's. Near 9am the temperature dropped to 43 degrees F; got down to 33 degrees in the afternoon. Today will be another cold day. And tomorrow will be in the upper 70's.
Whew!
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

Hope you are feeling better and not quite so busy.

Hugs, Carrole
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

:kissed:
Thank you for stopping by and encouraging me.

1) Still working too hard, still congested and tired from allergies, hate dealing with temperatures in the 30's one day and the 80's the next; then there was the day we started off at work with temps in the lower 60's, two hours later it was 33 degrees!. Ugh! It's spring already where's our famous too-HOT weather!??
2) Am messing up a bit with food choices because I ate all the food I had prepared and I am still too over-booked with work and feeling rough to have the time to make more right now. 
3) Got chewed out about an incident which was out of my control yesterday. Felt so frustrated that I ate badly  on purpose. (Still apparently self-injuring when I get angry -- just not in the same ways I did it as a youngster.) ["I'll show them! I'll get FAT!!! That'll teach 'em!] Anyway; I know what I'm doing (self-awareness), I have confessed my sins to a close family member, I'm ready to move on.
I still have to get through a 10hr shift today, a 4hr shift tomorrow morning, then I'm through with work until Tuesday.
Saturday I'll sleep the afternoon away, then go to a friend's house for a cook out tomorrow night. My friends are going to help me cook up some lean meats this weekend so I'll be better prepared for next week.
Last edited by EnJae on April 3rd, 2009, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

EnJae wrote: :kissed:
Thank you for stopping by and encouraging me.

Still working too hard, still congested and tired from allergies, hate dealing with temperatures in the 30's one day and the 80's the next; I still have to get through a 10hr shift today, a 4hr shift tomorrow morning, then I'm through with work until Tuesday.
Saturday I'll sleep the afternoon away, then go to a friend's house for a cook out tomorrow night. My friends are going to help me cook up some lean meats this weekend so I'll be better prepared for next week.

EnJae,

I know how you feel.  I have attacks of allergies, etc. and here in the Florida Panhandle, we've had so many storms come in, today is sunny and will be around 73, but Sunday more rain, and lows in the 30's..geesh!!

Sleeping on Saturday sounds like a plan.  I hope you get some rest and feel better!

Have a Blessed weekend,

Doreen *love*
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

HAHA
I got off early enough tonight to be able to attend a devotional at my preacher's house... first time I've been able to go due to job. The kicker is: I got there, sat on the couch before it started and promptly fell asleep! Woke up hours later after several folks had left.  :blush:
Sweet_Pea

Post by Sweet_Pea »

You falling a sleep on the couch at your pastor's house made me smile. 

I hope this week will be better for you and not so stressful.  I hate getting chewed out for things I don't do or mean to do.  That really frustrates me and don't always handle it real good.

Hugs, Carrole
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

06 April 2009

Before Breakfast:
coffee

Breakfast:
Fixin' to eat an apple, a banana; maybe an egg or two, some beans. ?

Lunch:
Plannin' on a Caesar-type salad

Supper:
Some kind of meat (I have both chicken breasts and lean beef in the fridge; canned tuna in the cabinet), vegetables

Work went well Saturday. Expected a nap after work but that didn't happen. But my foster-dad drove me around and kinda babied me all day so I felt a bit more rested. AND on my way to a friend's house I saw a cousin I had lost touch with sitting on his front porch. Stopped and visited with him for a bit. (His father and my maternal grandfather were brothers.) Very sweet visit.
Saturday night my friends barbecued hotdogs; I ate a can of tuna and drank water. We had a debate on a Bible principle. (Debate is not something I enjoy but I participated and held my own for a bit.) We watched "7 Pounds" together. I figured out pretty quickly what was going on and did not enjoy it. Felt the character could have left the decisions of life and death to God.

Sunday I awoke with an awful headache. It was neither a migraine nor sinus pressure; just a persistent pounding at the back of my head, down near my neck. I tried taking Extra Strength Excedrin, Advil, Tylenol, Sudafed, and Max-Alt at various times throughout the day. Nothing worked.
But it is gone this morning, Praise YHWH.
patsyfay
Master Member

Post by patsyfay »

I smiled, too, Enjae.  I read a lovely article once that said God will minister to us in our sleep very often because our lives are so busy we may not stop and let Him minister to us while we're awake.  He is a faithful Father.  I'll bet you felt refreshed when you woke up!  ;)

Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Yep, lol. Woke up and asked when we were starting. Didn't even know I'd missed the devo.
Saved4Life

Post by Saved4Life »

Enjae,

Bless your heart, you must have been completely exhausted!

I agree about the movie Seven Pounds.  I won't say much because others may want to see it, but at least he did some good...you know what I'm talking about!

I pray that you will get well deserved rest this week.

Blessings,

Doreen *love*
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Since we believe that when we are gathered in His name, He is in the midst of us... I have to believe that He had you right where you belonged - safe in the palm of His hand.  I can just see you cuddled up there like a sweet baby getting peaceful rest.  *hug*

Loves, Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage