EnJae's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: EnJae's Journal

Post by Gwennaford »

Fran, I wanted to give EnJae a chance to answer before jumping in.  You can have a very small amount of skim milk in your coffee if you MUST have coffee, but only enough to satisfy.  If you would be willing to switch to tea, as you indicated, green tea with nothing else in it is a very good choice.  Although, it has the same or more caffeine as coffee, it is full of good antioxidants and is good hot or cold.

NJ, I absolutely love the taste of ice cold cider vinegar & water, with or without Stevia.

Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on May 12th, 2009, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Ugh! It's midnight! Let's see, what did I eat today...?

Breakfast:
coffee, OJ, tangerine, apple, banana, water, sinus medicine

Lunch:
tuna salad on CornThins, tomato soup, water, vitamins

Supper:
green beans, field peas, water, sinus medicine

I was at work from 7:30am-9:15pm.
At 8:45pm something traumatic happened at work.
(Not TO me; but involving people I CARE about...)
Strong emotion causes me to lose control of my eating habits...
SO---
After-supper-supper:
hamburger, fries, diet Dr Pepper
(To the new folks on here, this is NOT LDL-approved food! I am sorry for the poor example.)

Now it is midnight and I have to get up at 5:30am so I can work too many hours again tomorrow.
NJ
Last edited by EnJae on May 14th, 2009, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Breakfast:
coffee, OJ, tangerine, apple, banana, eggs, raw oats w/lactose-free skim milk, water, sinus meds

Lunch:
(planned - roast beef, spinach, beets, water, vitamins) oops-found no cans of spinach or beets in cabinet;
actually ate -- roast beef, corn, water, vitamins

Supper:
(planned -  corn, pinto beans, water)
actually ate --  beans, CornThins, water, sinus meds
Last edited by EnJae on May 15th, 2009, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hey, Babe!  Welcome Home!  'n' Looking good!

Gwennaford
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Guess what I got for my birthday!
My brother and new sister-in-law picked up an interesting piece of pottery for me on their honeymoon...
You throw in a few chopped veggies and microwave them for a minute. Then you crack in a couple of eggs and stir it around and nuke it for another minute. Then you put fat-free shredded cheese on top and just put the lid on for half a minute and VIOLA! You have a healthy omelet made with NO OIL at all!!!

There are also instructions for using the pottery to steam veggies in the microwave....

I went to the grocery store tonight and, instead of stocking up on canned food for the week, I just bought fresh fruit, fresh vegetables and water.
I plan on packing raw veggies with me to work and nuking them in the pottery at lunch and supper at work... I think that'll be even healthier than canned goods!
Looking forward to my meals this week...
NJ
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

19 May 2009

Breakfast:
coffee, orange juice, poached eggs, smoothie

Lunch:
steamed carrots, corn, water, vitamins, CornThins

Supper:
roasted bell peppers stuffed with ground beef and onions, pureed pinto beans (aka 'refried beans'), salsa, water
Last edited by EnJae on May 19th, 2009, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bonnie CHA!

Post by Bonnie CHA! »

Have you tried your new omlette maker yet?  I'm curious about that contraption!  :D

Good Night ~ God Bless
On the journey....

GrammyBlue

Post by GrammyBlue »

Your pottery piece sounds so neat! Hope you enjoy it!
Hugs,
GrammyBlue
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I've used it 3 times to make either poached eggs or an omelet and yesterday I steamed carrots,
It was yummy!
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

9 June 2009

Before Breakfast:
coffee (1cup prescribed by my neurologist)

Breakfast:
smoothie made from 1/2 C of unfiltered apple Juice, an apple, a banana, a grapefruit. 1 liter of SmartWater (it has electrolytes)

Lunch:
scrambled eggs, 'refried' beans, salad (no dressing, because I usually don't want any), 1 quart of water

After work:
1 quart of water

Supper:
grilled broccoli, sirloin steak w/Worcestershire Sauce, a couple of glasses of water, still hungry but I am not going to eat their rolls...

At home:
CornThins
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Got behind on my journal because of 1) work schedule and 2) a headache. But stayed LDL-compliant.

Here's what I can remember from yesterday...
Breakfast:
coffee, water, banana, apple, eggs, beans

Lunch:
green beans, CornThins, water

supper:
chicken breast, salad, roasted corn with onions and bell peppers, CornThins, tea

At 5:30pm I was at a birthday party. All they had was birthday cake. I walked in with my bag of real food, but just kept it out of the way, unnoticed. Then when they served cake to everyone; I said, "I know it's rude to eat in front of everyone when ya'll don't have supper, but I need to keep my blood sugar levels stable. So while ya'll have cake, I'm gonna eat supper."
There was no negative comments or looks made at all. Instead everyone started asking questions about my 'diet' and asking how the corn was fixed and why didn't I have this or that (fattening items) on my salad. It was a very interesting evening. A few folks even tried my CornThins and one lady confided in me that she wished she had not eaten the cake. She really liked the CornThins.
NJ
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Let's see:

Trying to remember what I ate on Saturday....
13 June 2009

Breakfast:
coffee, eggs, CornThins, water

Lunch:
banana, CornThins, salsa, stuffed bell peppers (ground beef, peppers, onions, tomatoes, spices; no rice), 'refried' beans, water

Went to a movie and knew I'd want their fatty popcorn and sugary cokes so I ate an apple and CornThins before getting a ticket; carried some mints in my purse to keep my mouth busy during the movie.

Supper:
orange, pinto beans, iced tea with Stevia
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

EnJae,

Haven't visited your journal in a while....you are doing FABULOUS!  Wow, I love your creative ideas in planning for the party and movie....really encourages me that I don't have to compromise.

Blessings and Thanks,
Julie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

14 June 2009

Breakfast:
coffee, water, bananas, apple, orange

Lunch:
Grilled chicken breast salad ("hold the cheese and dressing, please"), salsa, water

Supper:
trout, greens, green beans, corn, pinto beans with raw onion, water

Thank you Julie! I have used my emotions over my mother's death as an excuse to make poor choices long enough. She has been gone 3 years now. (June 5th, 2006; started LDL a month later) My health has suffered.

According to my Dr. on June 8th I am now borderline Diabetic. My cholesterol is too high. He and I agreed it is time to get serious about this way of eating. He's giving me some time to see if I can bring things under control with diet and exercise. The next step is taking meds to get it under control and I do not want that.

I have been completely on plan since June 9th. Absolutely no 'cheats'.
Last edited by EnJae on June 14th, 2009, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

congrats on the no cheats week on ldl, may God bless, and comfort you.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank you!

15 June 2009

Breakfast:
coffee, orange, apple, banana, water

Lunch:
fresh peach, raw broccoli, low-fat string cheese, pinto beans, water, vitamins

Supper:
water, salad, steak, butternut squash, onions,

Monday night meeting:
hot Jasmine tea
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Whew! What a week!

I worked (or will work)
Monday: 8am-noon, 1pm-5pm -- 8 hrs
Tuesday: 8am-noon -- 4 hrs
Wednesday: 8am-noon, 1pm-5pm, 6pm-8pm -- 10 hrs
Thursday: 8am-noon, 1pm-5pm, 6:30pm-12:30am -- 14 hrs
Friday: off today for Junteenth, paid holiday time -- 8 hrs
Saturday: 8am-noon -- 4 hrs

That's 48 hours for the week and I don't even have to use any sick time hours to cover the time I was off Tuesday afternoon for a Dr. appointment.

On a side note: the appointment was to test the nerves going to my feet. (Result -- I have diminished response in the nerves which run under the bottom of both feet.)

I've been complaining about a loss of sensation in my toes. (Recently, my doctor and I both thought I probably had diabetes. But he ran the test and found I was just borderline; not full-blown diabetic.) So this neuropathy in my feet is a bit of a mystery right now.

I had to get up early today to feed the dogs. I only slept another hour after that. I bet I'm going to be tired today, but I can't sleep anymore right now.
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Hi NJ:

Thought I would stop by and say hi and I am glad I did.  About the neuropathy in your feet, have you heard of a technology called Celliant ?   It's a very cool technology that helps to basically deliver oxygen to the skin.  The majority of research and testing they have done has been by a doctor in Irvine, CA who deals with patients with chronic foot pain, as well as diabetics with circulation issues in hands and feet.   You might want to check it out and order a pair of the socks.   I am a bit of the skeptic but I have been researching it for a while and apparently it works pretty well.  I don't have foot pain issues but have used their wristbands and the mattress pad and there is absolutely an improvement (I had sprained my wrist) and I swear I think I am resting better.  

Take care,

Tiss

ps....when I reread this it reads like I am selling the stuff....which is definitely not the case or my intention
Last edited by Anonymous on June 20th, 2009, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Oh, I definitely didn't take it like that. You have just found something that works for you and wanted to share.
I was checking it out online when my foster-dad came over. He saw it and paid for a pair for me to try out. If one pair works, I'll order several more. Thank you for mentioning them.
NJ
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

21 June 2009

Breakfast:
tangelo, apple, banana, water

Lunch:
chicken breast, onions and green peppers, 'refried' beans, salsa, iced tea

Supper:
The church group went to Dairy Queen.  :thumbdown:
I ordered a doublemeat, dry burger with all the vegetables.
While I waited for it I pulled a cucumber out of my bag and sliced it. When my burger came I opened it up, pulled my CornThins and a couple of mustard packets out of my bag and prepared 2 hamburgers from: CornThin, mustard, meat patty, lettuce, pickle, onions, tomato, mustard and CornThin. I ate the cuke slices as my 'side', and drank unsweet tea. Also took my vitamins.
Whenever anyone offered me a bite of their fries or their ice cream I said "No thanks. But here, try one of my CornThins!" HAHAHA