Does Anyone Here T-Tapp for Exercise?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
turkkm
Master Member

Re: Does Anyone Here T-Tapp for Exercise?

Post by turkkm »

Woo hoo, I got my book today!  Yep, like Rhea said, I got the free dvd that comes in the book, plus another one.  The other free one is called mindful movement for strength-flexibility and a healthy heart...perfect for me!

I think we should start a running total of inches lots.  We could see our "team" results when we add it all together!

Gem lost 11 inches in 17 days
Kathie lost 10.5 inches in 14 days

Ok, the team has lost 21.5 inches so far and counting.......Anyone standing on the fence, hop on over to the ttapp side so we can see our total go up!  I personally am going to update my total inch loss in 2 more weeks, after having completed 4 weeks on ttapp....and LDL too of curse.

(Beth...announcement coming soon!)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

OK, I'm curious...when you say "lost 10 inches," where are those measured?  If I lost weight all over, I could take fortyleven measurements, and say I lost 100 inches!  :laughing:  :laughing:

So, that's probably not how it's done  *grrr*  ...is there a rule?  a specific set of measurements that are standard?  Just haven't learned that yet....
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Theresa suggests taking measurements in bust waist, hips, upper thigh, lower thigh, calves, and arms.  I only measured my bust, waist, and hips, because I was too lazy to measure all those places, lol.  Both Gem and I posted our losses for each area as well as the total somewhere in this thread, probably a page back.  I lost 3 inches in my bust, 4.5 inches in my waist, and 3 inches in my hips in only 2 weeks!  I would not have believed it possible, but yep, its true! 
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

ok, when I measured, I measured for ME the following( cos I wanna see overall measurements when I loose in areas I KNOW are problem areas)

neck
bicep
wrist
above the girls( bra hangover area)
below the girls ( backfat area)
waist( the exact indent where my waist is)
belly button ( the entire pooch area)
hips( I have my tummy tuck scar I use as my guide, its on my hip bones)
upper thigh( the fattest part)
calf( the fattest part)

when I do a total inch loss its the totals of ALL them areas

k, I am off to t-tapp here in a min with youtube and then hopefully try and get a pilates ball workout in for abs too  :thumbsup:

Ok I just modified this instead of reposting a new post
I DID 20 mins of ttapp
threat needle, pretzel twist, twist, arms, hoe downs

then I did 30 mins( 10mins each area) of abs, butt,thighs pilates
Last edited by isthis4me on July 15th, 2009, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

Day 3 of t-tapp done  :thumbsup:

Ok so I am considerin really tryin to get the Fit and Fabulous in 15 Minutes, can ya'll tell me whats all on it for I go out on a limb and hang my neck ova the guilletine * However its spelled* and my DH cuts my head off  *scyth*
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Hi Trish, you beautiful girllie! ....love the pic!  *love*

Between owning the book and owning the DVD, Basic Workout Plus, I would get the DVD.  Its hard to do the exercises from the book.  I am the kind that has to see what is to be done and then I can model it. The book has lots of testimonials from people, and deep explanation of each move with lots of reasons why this is such a powerful workout.  But, if you can only get one of them due to funds, get the dvd.  The dvd has an instructional part that goes into great detail teaching you the moves.  Then you switch to the basic workout part, without instruction and you can complete it in 20 minutes.  I have owned the dvd for quite some time so recently purchased the book.  In addition to the dramatic inch and weight loss people are getting it is also amazing the health challenges that have been overcome due to the work this way of exercising does on the lymph system. 

One caution the book states that I have to share and did not know is that during your bootcamp time period, you are not supposed to do other types of workouts or strength training accept for walking.  The ttapp workout is realigning many systems in your body and for the first 14 days it is best to do ttapp alone to help this alignment happen.  After that it combines with any other type of workout you may also want to do.  I personally can't See the reason to do other types of workouts since this one does it all....unless you are training for marathons or triathlons or something. 

With that said, some of you are just trying the moves from you tube so are not officially experiencing the workout since there is benefit to each of the moves done in a specific order.  You will get results form doing the moves out of order or in isolation too, don't get me wrong.  Even just doing hoes downs alone brings results!  But, you won't get the best results possible unless you are doing the whole workout.  So, while in this try before you buy stage, it is probably fine to do other types of workouts too. 

Last, since we are on the LDL site, I want to make it perfecly clear I get no kickbacks from ttapp nor do I work for them or have any connections.  I am not trying to sell something.  I have just found that LDL and ttapp go hand in hand for me.  In addition to the weight/inch loss the health benefits of both plans are amazing!

Feel free to chime in here Beth and Gem about advice of what to buy if you want to get started with ttapp!  :cool:
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

this is one reason ONE I love LOVE LDL
the information is vital  :thumbsup:
That said, kathie as always, you amaze me with your insight/input
since I was killin time I went ahead and did the fit to fab from the ttapp site and got this
each book includes a free DVD with bonus exercises
now here is to say, I HOPE I wont be displeased
I was under the assumption  :blush: the book came with a dvd  :rolleyes: ( aside from the one I just referenced off the site for buyin then)

oh well, live n learn eh?

I will keep in mind that no other workouts are to combine with ttapp while in bootcamp  :thumbsup:
when I get that far :laughing:

on a side note, I went to the gym and they cancelled yoga today maybe that was my sign  :stop:

and :blush: thanks for the comment on the pic, I LURVE to put a face with a name  :tongue:
Amen. ~*~Image
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Trish, you will love the book!  The dvd's that come free with the book show many of her moves, but they are in isolation, not within the workout series.  Maybe later you will be able to get the basic workout plus dvd too.  I was thinking about people posting their pictures here....it is nice to place a face with a name, but it will also help people find each other at the convention in March!
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

:'( I wont be at the convention unless GOD provides it

and some of us wont be recognizable( like Gemala if she keeps melting  :inlove::thumbsup:

thanks for the insight on the book etc, I shoulda known an jus got the dern vhs for 5.00  :'(
Amen. ~*~Image
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

Kathie's post earlier said it all...  Definitely the DVD over the book, unless you're like me and really have to see moves taken apart in order to understand them.

During my 17 days, I did no other form of exercise except typing, and yes, that counts as exercise, since I never learned to touch type, and, therefore, have always been a two fingered "hunt 'n pecker."  (Don't even think it, much less say it!  This is a family site.  :tongue:)  My style of typing resets my metabolism to a much higher rate, because, since I'm so wordy, I must make so many more passes over the keyboard to get my message across, then people who can actually type.  And yes, I have to look at my hands!  *woot* *woot* *woot*  That's my story, etc!

Julie, you asked whether I had noticed improvement under the arm, as that's a spot of concern for you, personally.  I didn't measure there before starting, but I can say, somewhat subjectively, that when I stop T-Tapping, the flaps under my arms quit swinging in three seconds, instead of five, as they did on Day 1 of the program.

Jazy, and Trish...if I start measuring all the places you girls are, I won't need T-Tapp.  I'll just GEMERCIZE, using the techniques you've already listed, Jaz!  What would y'all give to see a DVD of that?  :thumbsup:  Hmm-mmm, or maybe not!  :stop: :thumbdown:

:kissed:
GEM

GEM
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Trish I won't be at the convention either.  :pouty:  I don't have the bucks and I have to work those days, since they are weekdays, hence school days.  We will just have to hold the fort down around here at the boards while everyone else is there.  :D
geeneebear

Post by geeneebear »

Hello ladies.  My husband and I just completed our first week of LDL. Yesterday, I received one of those Prevention emails and in the article they mentioned the creator of T-Tapp, so I looked it up. I became interested after watching the video testimonial on the site, but wasn't convinced yet.  Later, I got on the LDL boards, because I wanted to know if we could have veggies and fruit for dinner, and lo and behold I see this thread!!! Well, that's all the confirmation  I need!!! Looks like a match made in heaven!  I will be ordering the DVDs, pronto!

PS:  I did the hoe down (from YouTube) and it kicked my butt!

If I may, I'd like to join the party :)

- Gina from DC
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Gina....please do join the party!  It will be fun to have you.  :cool:  Just be sure to take your measurements before starting ttapp so you can see your dramatic change in print!  I got lazy and only took my bust, waist, and hips instead of all the areas Theresa recommends.  Now, I wish I would have taken all the areas,  I am curious to see how much my arms have gone down even though they were not the area I was most concerned aobut.  It also is fun to have a piece of clothing that does not fit that you keep trying on while ttaping!  When I first started ttapp many years ago, I did the moves from a magazine article.  I did them the best I could from the pictures and still lost many inches in 2 weeks.  Then when I got the videos (VHS back in those days), I saw that my form was off and my speed too slow, especially on the hoe downs.  It just goes to show that even when you are struggling learning the moves, you are still losing!
geeneebear

Post by geeneebear »

*love* Thanks so much Kathie.

I just ordered the Total Workout on VHS tapes (on clearance for $27.50 !!!) and cannot wait to get them.  In the meantime, I'll measure and do the youtube vids.  Thanks for those links as well.

With LDL, T-Tap and my Walk Away the Pounds DVDs, I finally feel like I'm on track.

Cant wait to post my results. :D
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

You are so "on track"....go gett'em!
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

geeneebear wrote:Hello ladies.  My husband and I just completed our first week of LDL. Yesterday, I received one of those Prevention emails and in the article they mentioned the creator of T-Tapp, so I looked it up. I became interested after watching the video testimonial on the site, but wasn't convinced yet.  Later, I got on the LDL boards, because I wanted to know if we could have veggies and fruit for dinner, and lo and behold I see this thread!!! Well, that's all the confirmation  I need!!! Looks like a match made in heaven!  I will be ordering the DVDs, pronto!

PS:  I did the hoe down (from YouTube) and it kicked my butt!

If I may, I'd like to join the party :)

- Gina from DC

Welcome, and you know what, Geeneebear/Gina, men T-Tapp too, so this will be another part of your new healthy lifestyle that you and your husband can share.  Course, being a guy, he'll probably consider weight lifting more manly, like this fellow... :tongue:

I'd rather be T-Tapping!

GEM

GEM
geeneebear

Post by geeneebear »

:D Hahaha I love that picture!  He'll probably think its wimpy at first so I'll let my results speak for me...while his bowflex continues to collect dust  ;D
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I am posting this again because people are looking for the information.  :thumbsup:

Here are the ttapp links on you tube.  You can exercise right along with them!  They also give lots of information.

For hoe downs-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsURicKB_G8

Why it is the workout that works-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK7hs7Dvmzo

Why it is the workout that works, part 2-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBrSe4jLzAM

Cute lady, just a beginner, telling why ttapp is for her-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8yAGbCGGJU

Lunges-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n79jI35Vf3I

Ttapp twist-
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... eplies=117

Thread the needle-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iqaQuRf0F0

Arm sequence-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVeCdWCPQUY

Transformation of one lady in pictures- sort of long but she is so proud of her accomplishment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KwrYkl2iT8

Balancing sequence-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm852s7Il-s
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Ok, I am in ttapp bootcamp part 2!  I am on day 3 and it feels good to be back!  I only departed from my ttapp habit for 6 days, so felt like I could pick it up right where I  left off.  Are there any ttappers out there still with me?   
geeneebear

Post by geeneebear »

Hello Ladies!

I'm on day three of bootcamp - Instructional Tape 1.  I can barely make it, so it will be some time before I can add Tape 2.  It's funny how the movements look so simple but kick serious butt.  I do have one concern...my knees :(.  I cannot bend my knees as much as Teresa, and it hurts to push them out :(.  Do any of you ladies have this issue?  Do you have any suggestions?  I am looking for knee braces, but having a hard time finding some that fit my huge, thunder thighs.  Seriously, my biggest issue has always been my legs and store-bought knee braces don't fit. 

I didn't measure until yesterday, so I'll have to post results in the upcoming weeks. 

Thanks so much for your encouragement.  I really appreciate it :)