LET’S DO LUNCH HOLIDAY RECIPES as suggested by MARY SIMMONS

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: LET’S DO LUNCH HOLIDAY RECIPES as suggested by MARY SIMMONS

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome, Scotsgal-  You will love Let's Do Lunch and these boards.  I think you may be our only UK member unless others are lurking out there.  Once your friends see your success, LDL may become an overnight success in Scotland!  We are here to help you, so ask any questions you may have.  Best wishes.  Pam
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

Hi Pam,
Thanks for the welcome.  Everyone seems so friendly and supportive.  Can't say I am 100% convinced yet that this is any different from the 'Sugarfree' the 'fatfree' and the 'Carbsfree' diet but I am feeling good after 2 days so we'll see.  Not sure how I'll survive without Wholemeal bread and nuts especially as we don't seem to be able to get those corn crackers that you all seem to be eating. 
Nevertheless maybe once my book comes.  There is no shortage of recipes on this site and I am up for it this time.

Think I am probably posting in the wrong place but I'll catch up soon.

Can't thank you enough, Cheers for now............. :)
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

Hi Scotsgal:  Welcome to LDL way of eating.. I am a newbie too... LDL is also on Facebook and one of of the members here is Sicilian Mama and she contributes many very good recipes in her blog that there is a link to on Facebook  ..She is an at home chef as well as little mary on here has some good recipes too..

Maybe some one else can help you better in getting you over there.. I am not convinced either but we do not have be..we just have to follow it and I do see the good in this woe and I think the more we try it and like it and eat we will lose weight how different it is to other low carb diets I really do not know...  It has been said that you can eat all you want of the selection of foods I cannot see anyone eating 10,000 calories on this plan but I may be wrong.. I cant.. most days if I get 1500 I am lucky.
As far as corn thins I cannot get them here close to me in Montreal Canada.. and I don't miss them...
I wish you good luck and nice to have you aboard..  :rose:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome to LDL, Scotsgal,

I have only been on site since November but have been doing alot of reading. I was already convinced the whole foods way of eating was best when I started this. But for some people it is such a drastic change, they have to ease themselves into it. I had been gradually changing our eating habits over the past 2 years on our own and at least we stopped gaining and had some weight losses. Like Sandra, (Sicilian Mama) says, it is all about choices. If you can't do without certain things, make the healthiest choices. Eat as many of the LDL allowable food as you can and you will certainly feel better and I am sure you will notice pounds and inches being discarded. Once you get used to cooking and eating this way, and you are not satisfied with the rate of weight loss, you are probably ready to go PURE LDL at that point.

Do the best you can, come back to the boards, report your successes and roadblocks and let the others encourage, help and cheer you on. Most of us are here because we have tried everything else but still willing to do it God's way this time; because we just are not willing to stay this way any longer. We still believe there is an answer and if this WayOfEating is it for more people, then think of the millions of unhealthy people we can help just by doing it ourself first. Your success is our success also.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jopaul

Post by jopaul »

My response is done to get the topic to the top. That benefits me as well as everyone. Have a fantastic day!
Tina
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRim6Wz/]

"People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. "
~Author Unknown