Mary's Chicken Marsala

Great filling main dish recipes!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Mary's Chicken Marsala

Post by VickiLynn »

This is Little Mary's recipe from January 20, 2005, modified without her comments to save me typing time.  I am also including the substitutes I use.

1 lb. fresh chicken tenders
2 tbsp.soy flour (I use regular flour because so little gets on the chicken)
salt and pepper
4 tbsp. Shedd's Willow Run Soy margarine (I use Smart Balance Light)
1/2 of a sweet yellow onion, finely diced (about 2/3 cup)
1/2 cup Sweet Marsala (I use a medium-sweet Marsala wine)
1 cup beef boullion (or fat-free beef broth) -- I use the beef broth
1 cup sliced Porcini mushrooms (I use white button mushrooms)
Fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped  (I did not use)

1. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Put the flour with a little bit of salt and pepper into a bowl or plate.  Coat the chicken pieces on each side lightly with the seasoned flour.

2. Melt 2 tbsp. of the butter in a skillet on medium-high until melted.  Cook the chicken 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and keep warm.

3. Add rest of butter and the onions to the skillet. Saute on low for 4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for one minute further, until the onions are softened.

4. Turn the heat back up to medium-high and add the Marsala. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the beef broth, bring to a boil, and simmer (4 or 5 minutes) until the liquid is reduced to around a cup.

5. Turn down the heat to very low. Add the chicken, stir well, and cover the skillet. Cook for up to 10 minutes (be careful not to overcook chicken or it will dry out).

6. Place the chicken on plates and pour sauce over.  Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
K Wood

Re: Mary's Chicken Marsala

Post by K Wood »

We love this dish. I use garbanzo bean flour instead of the soy flour. Yummy!