HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Wolfmother

Re: HOW TO START "LET'S DO LUNCH"

Post by Wolfmother »

I have ordered the book and just waiting for it to come in.  My one question though is how do I eat until full when I have never been able to tell when that is?
Debbie

gibdonnalee

Post by gibdonnalee »

Hi, I was just told about LDL by an internet friend. I have been on a low/no carb diet for about 8 months now and lost 20 lbs. However, I am at a standstill. This diet sounds like something I can do well with. I will be purchasing the book. Also, I'll be getting back to my online buddy to help me on a day to day basis.
Wish me luck!
Donna
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

donna
Welcome on board!  You will do wonderful on this way of eating.  For years I did the low carb diet on again, off again.  and would end up gaining what I lost back and usually more then I lost.  With LDL I am totally satisfied with the food and it has taken my craving away for all the wrong foods.  In fact last night I made a big pot of Taco Soup and I am looking forward to having it for lunch.  For breakfast I had a watermelon, orange and banana smoothie and it filled me up. 

In the 2 months I have been on LDL I have lost 30 lbs and my husband 14 lbs.  On diets my husband would try them with me and usually not even make it a week before feeling so deprived he would jump ship.  I would grit my teeth and stay for longer but never long enough to lose my weight.  This truely is not a diet but a life style that is totally fulfilling.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Donna, it is the best.  I have never felt deprived on LDL.  Welcome to the boards, I will watch your progress. :thumbsup: Joyful Friend
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Hi Donna!

I was shocked to see you on here, but oh so happy!  YOU will absolutely LOVE this way of eating,,,, we are about to eat  blackberry balsamic glazed pork tenderlon and lots of roasted veggies....

Welcome aboard the train to skinny town!

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Donna- Welcome to let's Do Lunch.  I think you will really enjoy the freedom after doing low-carb!  Pam
bingo

Post by bingo »

hello,,,,,first time on here,,,have been doing very well  with this woe !!!!!  :thumbsup:
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Greetings to the Let's Do Lunch gang!

I am a newbie here and I have to tell you that I'm so excited to be posting on these boards. I had been without a computer for several months ( it caught a bad virus and stayed "sick" until I could have it fixed) so I read your posts at work but could not reply. Now that my home computer is operational again I couldn't wait to join you all.

I started the Let's Do Lunch diet in May. In exactly 8 weeks I dropped 28 pounds. Another 10 lbs. lost between July and November.  I still have about 30 to go. I've mostly maintained for several months but am now ready to jump on the bandwagon again. Let's Do Lunch is the best plan there is. Like most of you, I've tried them all. I do have to practice control when it comes to chocolate, though.

I would like to let you know that I think that you are all very compassionate and helpful in giving advice to one another. It's almost like a big family that I've come to know these past few months. :)

I do have a burning question that maybe Mr. Roger Troy Wilson can answer: in your book you said that you often ate popcorn when you and your wife would take in an afternoon movie. Was this regular theater popcorn without any added butter-type oil? What size bag did you usually get? The reason I ask is I sometimes take a bag of 94% microwaved popcorn in my big purse. Along with olive oil spray and canned parmesan cheese. (Can be messy) Also, the theater manager would probably frown on this if he knew!  *evil* Besides, it would be easier just to get the regular kind if that's allowed.

I have made up a few allowable recipes that have helped me to lose (and maintain) my weight so far. Really simple ones that I'll be glad to share.

Thank you Roger and all of you nice people. I'm happy to meet you all.

SweetRose
SweetRose
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

I also take my own popcorn in my purse... but I put everything on it at home and put it in a baggie.  Hubby always gets snacks from the concession but I just quietly eat my popcorn..
Recently there was an article in our paper that if you got caught bringing snacks into the movie theater they would ask you to leave....I would buy there popcprn IF they had a healthier version.  I do think they use a better oil now though.
Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I took the 94% FF popcorn once in the bag I had popped it in. Won't do that again. That paper bag was just too noisy. Now I put it a ziplock baggie.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Thank you for the warm welcome Rodie! *love*

In my first post I asked about theater popcorn; is regular nonbutter popcorn OK? Roger Troy said that he often indulged in popcorn when he and his wife took in a matinee. I just want to be sure this is ok. I don't like taking my own 94% popcorn so it would be great if I could have the regular theater popcorn with no added butter-oil.

Thanks for any information on this! :)

SweetRose
SweetRose
retiredteach

Post by retiredteach »

I am very new to the "Let's Do Lunch". I bought the book and have been on the program 2 days. I am looking forward to feeling better. I saw my doctor last week and she approves of my plan to join you others in feeling better about yourselves. I am grateful this is here to share with one another. Thank you, Retired Teach.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Sweet Rose,

In my humble opinion, go for the theater popcorn minus the added butter. It would be one of those once in a while things and probaly a better choice than the sodas or candy. With the cost of taking in a movie and the outrageous cost of the popcorn, most could not affort to do it on a daily basis, LOL.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Oh, just another thought, a sleeve of corn thins in your purse would likely be less cost than the popcorn if you feel you must take something healthier.

Welcome retiredteach, you will definitely feel better on this plan. Just knowing you are feeding your body what God has provided to nourish you, will make you feel better. When the cravings are gone, there is such a feeling of euphoria not being in bondage to cravings and the bottoming out of blood sugar levels that really make you feel bad and send you on an unhealthy feeding frenzy
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

retiredteach wrote:I am very new to the "Let's Do Lunch". I bought the book and have been on the program 2 days. I am looking forward to feeling better. I saw my doctor last week and she approves of my plan to join you others in feeling better about yourselves. I am grateful this is here to share with one another. Thank you, Retired Teach.

Retired Teach,

Welcome to the LDL Community!  We have a wonderful group of people who can attest to this way of eating as THE BEST EVER for losing weight, regaining our health, energy, and self-confidence.  If you have any questions, please ask away on the question topic.  If you have time, look at some of other members food journals and success stories. These topics will demonstrate how and why LDL works.

Vicki
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Retired Teach
Welcome to LDL.  You will love this way of eating and it will make you feel like a new person in no time at all.  Most of us when we first begin were pretty unhealthy but in a short time have become healthy with losing weight. 

There are hundreds of recipes on the boards to help you get startedl.  Do you have your book yet?  If you do remember to read it numerous times so you get it all down. 

If you have time to do the journals it is so much help in keeping us accountable.  Plus, everyone will come along and help you if you are eating things that won't help in weight loss or just encourage you on your journey. 

Remember to eat and eat and eat so you will not be hungry at all.  It also will remove all cravings for any foods that would not be good for your body.  This is an amazing God centered food program that is a life long health benefit.
retiredteach

Post by retiredteach »

Thank you all for the welcome! Yes, I have my book. I am reading it over and over as suggested. I do feel better in just these few days. With the fruit I have not missed the sugar or had the cravings. I was so surprised. This is so wonderful to have others to share with as you work toward feeling better! I'm just getting the hang of using this, but I will get on the journal and post my daily foods I eat. Retired Teach
Last edited by retiredteach on March 17th, 2010, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
retiredteach

Post by retiredteach »

Okay, I said earlier I was just learning. So....I went to food journals and saw others journals. But where do I go to begin one? Thank you retired teach