EnJae's Journal

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
EnJae
Master Member

Re: EnJae's Journal

Post by EnJae »

9 June 2009

Before Breakfast:
coffee (1cup prescribed by my neurologist)

Breakfast:
smoothie made from 1/2 C of unfiltered apple Juice, an apple, a banana, a grapefruit. 1 liter of SmartWater (it has electrolytes)

Lunch:
scrambled eggs, 'refried' beans, salad (no dressing, because I usually don't want any), 1 quart of water

After work:
1 quart of water

Supper:
grilled broccoli, sirloin steak w/Worcestershire Sauce, a couple of glasses of water, still hungry but I am not going to eat their rolls...

At home:
CornThins
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Got behind on my journal because of 1) work schedule and 2) a headache. But stayed LDL-compliant.

Here's what I can remember from yesterday...
Breakfast:
coffee, water, banana, apple, eggs, beans

Lunch:
green beans, CornThins, water

supper:
chicken breast, salad, roasted corn with onions and bell peppers, CornThins, tea

At 5:30pm I was at a birthday party. All they had was birthday cake. I walked in with my bag of real food, but just kept it out of the way, unnoticed. Then when they served cake to everyone; I said, "I know it's rude to eat in front of everyone when ya'll don't have supper, but I need to keep my blood sugar levels stable. So while ya'll have cake, I'm gonna eat supper."
There was no negative comments or looks made at all. Instead everyone started asking questions about my 'diet' and asking how the corn was fixed and why didn't I have this or that (fattening items) on my salad. It was a very interesting evening. A few folks even tried my CornThins and one lady confided in me that she wished she had not eaten the cake. She really liked the CornThins.
NJ
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Let's see:

Trying to remember what I ate on Saturday....
13 June 2009

Breakfast:
coffee, eggs, CornThins, water

Lunch:
banana, CornThins, salsa, stuffed bell peppers (ground beef, peppers, onions, tomatoes, spices; no rice), 'refried' beans, water

Went to a movie and knew I'd want their fatty popcorn and sugary cokes so I ate an apple and CornThins before getting a ticket; carried some mints in my purse to keep my mouth busy during the movie.

Supper:
orange, pinto beans, iced tea with Stevia
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

EnJae,

Haven't visited your journal in a while....you are doing FABULOUS!  Wow, I love your creative ideas in planning for the party and movie....really encourages me that I don't have to compromise.

Blessings and Thanks,
Julie
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

14 June 2009

Breakfast:
coffee, water, bananas, apple, orange

Lunch:
Grilled chicken breast salad ("hold the cheese and dressing, please"), salsa, water

Supper:
trout, greens, green beans, corn, pinto beans with raw onion, water

Thank you Julie! I have used my emotions over my mother's death as an excuse to make poor choices long enough. She has been gone 3 years now. (June 5th, 2006; started LDL a month later) My health has suffered.

According to my Dr. on June 8th I am now borderline Diabetic. My cholesterol is too high. He and I agreed it is time to get serious about this way of eating. He's giving me some time to see if I can bring things under control with diet and exercise. The next step is taking meds to get it under control and I do not want that.

I have been completely on plan since June 9th. Absolutely no 'cheats'.
Last edited by EnJae on June 14th, 2009, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

congrats on the no cheats week on ldl, may God bless, and comfort you.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank you!

15 June 2009

Breakfast:
coffee, orange, apple, banana, water

Lunch:
fresh peach, raw broccoli, low-fat string cheese, pinto beans, water, vitamins

Supper:
water, salad, steak, butternut squash, onions,

Monday night meeting:
hot Jasmine tea
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Whew! What a week!

I worked (or will work)
Monday: 8am-noon, 1pm-5pm -- 8 hrs
Tuesday: 8am-noon -- 4 hrs
Wednesday: 8am-noon, 1pm-5pm, 6pm-8pm -- 10 hrs
Thursday: 8am-noon, 1pm-5pm, 6:30pm-12:30am -- 14 hrs
Friday: off today for Junteenth, paid holiday time -- 8 hrs
Saturday: 8am-noon -- 4 hrs

That's 48 hours for the week and I don't even have to use any sick time hours to cover the time I was off Tuesday afternoon for a Dr. appointment.

On a side note: the appointment was to test the nerves going to my feet. (Result -- I have diminished response in the nerves which run under the bottom of both feet.)

I've been complaining about a loss of sensation in my toes. (Recently, my doctor and I both thought I probably had diabetes. But he ran the test and found I was just borderline; not full-blown diabetic.) So this neuropathy in my feet is a bit of a mystery right now.

I had to get up early today to feed the dogs. I only slept another hour after that. I bet I'm going to be tired today, but I can't sleep anymore right now.
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

Hi NJ:

Thought I would stop by and say hi and I am glad I did.  About the neuropathy in your feet, have you heard of a technology called Celliant ?   It's a very cool technology that helps to basically deliver oxygen to the skin.  The majority of research and testing they have done has been by a doctor in Irvine, CA who deals with patients with chronic foot pain, as well as diabetics with circulation issues in hands and feet.   You might want to check it out and order a pair of the socks.   I am a bit of the skeptic but I have been researching it for a while and apparently it works pretty well.  I don't have foot pain issues but have used their wristbands and the mattress pad and there is absolutely an improvement (I had sprained my wrist) and I swear I think I am resting better.  

Take care,

Tiss

ps....when I reread this it reads like I am selling the stuff....which is definitely not the case or my intention
Last edited by Anonymous on June 20th, 2009, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Oh, I definitely didn't take it like that. You have just found something that works for you and wanted to share.
I was checking it out online when my foster-dad came over. He saw it and paid for a pair for me to try out. If one pair works, I'll order several more. Thank you for mentioning them.
NJ
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

21 June 2009

Breakfast:
tangelo, apple, banana, water

Lunch:
chicken breast, onions and green peppers, 'refried' beans, salsa, iced tea

Supper:
The church group went to Dairy Queen.  :thumbdown:
I ordered a doublemeat, dry burger with all the vegetables.
While I waited for it I pulled a cucumber out of my bag and sliced it. When my burger came I opened it up, pulled my CornThins and a couple of mustard packets out of my bag and prepared 2 hamburgers from: CornThin, mustard, meat patty, lettuce, pickle, onions, tomato, mustard and CornThin. I ate the cuke slices as my 'side', and drank unsweet tea. Also took my vitamins.
Whenever anyone offered me a bite of their fries or their ice cream I said "No thanks. But here, try one of my CornThins!" HAHAHA
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

But you did so well, I'll bet everyone envied you your corn thins, they are soooo.... good. *love* :thumbsup:
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

YAY! The CornThins are in at the store where they were previously sold out.!

22 June 2009
Breakfast:
Forgot to eat.

Snack:
2 CornTins with a thin layer of soynut butter. Water

Lunch:
Didn't have time at the normal time. At VERY late.
pinto beans, egg drop soup. tea.

Snack:
banana

Supper:
steak, mixed vegetables. water, hot tea
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

Call me obtuse, (call me anything, just call me) but it never dawned on me that you journaled, NJ.  When I saw your name I thought I'd better come by and see how the headache was mending.  (Visiting a sick friend...  And you thought I just braked to make an emergency potty break, didn't you?)  You're thrilled to have Corn Thins:  I'm thrilled Megamart finally got in butter beans.  Ldl's creating all kinds of unimagined shortages.  Beans, for heaven's sake.  What store doesn't have beans?  (Don't answer in you usual fashion, "Megamart," NJ, though it is your journal and I suppose you've a right to answer any way you want, or even not at all, or maybe make just a partial reply, or just shrug your shoulder and give a noncommital grin... :wacko:)  You don't suppose the insiders are manipulating the market, do you, NJ, creating artificial shortages to drive up prices?

I've got to go call a broker and see about investing in bean futures...hope I don't have to sell short on the pork bellies!

Later,

GEM

:kissed:
GEM
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

GEM wrote:(Don't answer in you usual fashion, "Megamart," NJ, though it is your journal and I suppose you've a right to answer any way you want, or even not at all, or maybe make just a partial reply, or just shrug your shoulder and give a noncommital grin... :wacko:)

Hey "Obtuse";
I started reading and in the appropriate spot I totally said "Megamart" and then finished reading. HAHAHA You're hilarious in my journal....
Well-Come.

I had a problem with being mentally fuzzy ALL weekend. Could never quite pull myself together. Now my work-week has begun (Tuesday-Saturday) and I am very off-balance. Unhappy. Sad with no exact reason. Tired...
But I went to work anyway and pulled it off. Acted as if nothing was wrong. Nobody seemed to notice how out of sorts I am today, so I guess I hid it well.

23 June 2009
Breakfast:
apple, orange, banana, water, coffee

Lunch:
Steak bits and stir-fried vegetables leftover from my local Japanese "cook-it-in-front-of-you" restaurant. Water to drink.

At 3:30pm I was feeling bad and asked my shift-leader if I could take a moment to check my blood-sugar. It was LOW. I ate a glucose tablet.  Tastes just like candy; I'm just trying to include it here and explain the off-plan-ness of it. Medical excuse...

Supper:
I am eating more protein right now because I am so low on energy.
I expect to go to my local chicken house and get roasted chicken breast, pinto beans, green beans and corn. I'll probably drink iced tea sweetened with Stevia.

I am SO TIRED. Work was tough today.

And I am so emotional and easily offended the last couple of days, too.
:'( :blush: :sleep: :poo: :sad: :thumbdown: *grrr* :wacko: :yawn:
NJ
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

EnJae wrote:At 3:30pm I was feeling bad and asked my shift-leader if I could take a moment to check my blood-sugar. It was LOW.

nj...how low was your blood sugar?...i believe you're a diabetic....i think you're a borderline one............i might be wrong.....i thought you once posted that you had had elevated blood sugars right before starting let's do lunch........at least, that's what i remember.....are you on medication?
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

No worries niki. My doctor is keeping up with me. 

He and I both thought I was a full-blown diabetic. But I finally got insurance and he ran the tests. I am borderline. Headed that way. Now is a great time to catch it.

No medication yet. He's having me go in and weigh and run blood tests over the next few weeks and months.
If 'my' way of eating and exercising take care of things. Then he'll let me continue. If things don't improve then he'll take over.

Basically, I was cheating quite a bit through the first part of May. Mother issues.

Now I am on track and eating well. Working HARD physically at work and walking 'Reo when I have any strength left.

Yesterday I didn't eat right (not wrong, just forgot some important meal-times, so my blood sugar dropped. Still recovering today.

But me and 'Reo and LDL are going to get things under control and impress my doctor.
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

EnJae wrote:
GEM wrote:(Don't answer in you usual fashion, "Megamart," NJ, though it is your journal and I suppose you've a right to answer any way you want, or even not at all, or maybe make just a partial reply, or just shrug your shoulder and give a noncommital grin... :wacko:)

Hey "Obtuse";
I started reading and in the appropriate spot I totally said "Megamart" and then finished reading. HAHAHA You're hilarious in my journal....
Well-Come.

I had a problem with being mentally fuzzy ALL weekend. Could never quite pull myself together. Now my work-week has begun (Tuesday-Saturday) and I am very off-balance. Unhappy. Sad with no exact reason. Tired...
But I went to work anyway and pulled it off. Acted as if nothing was wrong. Nobody seemed to notice how out of sorts I am today, so I guess I hid it well.

I love you as the "coconut blond."  I love you as "NJ."  You can be yourself with me, and it won't change my feelings one iota.  A mask gets very heavy to wear at times.  I should know!  But now that you know there's a physical reason for much of what you feel, you can start working on your emotional response to your body's needs.  It's that holistic thing.  You'll manage.  I believe in you.

OBTUSE

:kissed:
GEM
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

niki;
I'm thinking more clearly today. So I reread your post and realized I mis-read. "How low was your blood-sugar...?" is not the same as "How is your low blood-sugar...?"
It was 74. I get really nauseous and shaky at 70. Used to run as high as 230. Lately I've been steady between 90 and 110. I just didn't eat at the right times on Monday and knocked it askew.

Little Mary;
I have mentioned that Thanksgiving through May 8th is the worst time for me as far as sticking to LDL.
I am now in the good days.
I'm not leaving LDL. I'm not suicidal. I HAVE had a problem in the past with depression and I think that's what happened again over the last few days.
Worked entirely too hard last week; didn't get rested; had a tiff with some friends on Friday and Saturday; didn't eat right on Monday; something happened to my brother on the job Monday (I can't go into the few details I am privy to, but it really disturbed me, what little bit I knew).
All that affected my Tuesday drastically. But I am feeling better physically, emotionally and mentally this morning. And my brother told me things are under control for him. (Still no details but his eyes were confident.)  :)

This morning is fine. I'm happy again. I love my job.

GEM:
Thanks. Your creativity online makes me feel homey. I appreciate you and your offer.

Ya'll; I have more to say but I have 8 minutes to get out the door for work. And today is an 8a-8pm day (with 2 full hour meal breaks.) I gota go.