Re: New To Our Boards?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

WHO ME???? Lets just say Im LURKING with SUZ!!!!  Ahhh yes the delightful arizona green tea and fruit smoothies.....my favorite.  I know I posted that recipe somewhere.  Miss Carolyn, I have missed the train to skinney town lately and am up to my elbows clearing out my mothers house these days.  My sister brings all these treats to eat while we are working and I havent been able to resist.  Im calling it the grieving process.  She did make turkey meatball minestroni one day so I guess we were pretty good that day.  Last week was cheesy brocolli soup, chicken breasts sauteed in EVOO and salad with blue cheese crumbles.....and a dessert I wont mention.  We are still too sad to be dieting right now but I hope by March first to be getting back on the train to skinney town again.  Hope everyone is doing good.  Im excited to see Niki exploring the Hunky Greek Mans site and Margo inspires me to be a better wife!!!!  Now back to hot tea and lurking!!!
Nite All
Love and God Bless
Debbie
Hey what ever happened to Little Princess and Bookman???? Are they lurking too?
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Debbie;

I love you, Sweetie; you are often in my thoughts.

NJ
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:  Hey what ever happened to Little Princess and Bookman???? Are they lurking too?

i tried e-mailing little princess a number of times...her e-mails were sent back to me every time.............i pm'd her, too, and the same thing happened....i don't know about bookman....maybe i'll try e-mailing him....sometimes, i don't like to invade someone's privacy just because they choose not to be on the boards..we'll see...   
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:...and a dessert I won't mention. 

hope it was cheesecake..and if it WAS, or if you DO eat cheesecake in this period of time, have a mouthful for me...........i've had a craving for cheesecake for 2 years....haha
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
dmonaco
New, but learning

Post by dmonaco »

Okay, I fell off the wagon for a few days! Someone brought over home made chocolate toffee! Oh, my gosh! Truly one of my most favorite delights of sinfulness.  So I helped myself, and then again and again.  It was delicious but not sure it was worth starting over again. 

I have been exhausted for the past few days and I know it was all that sugar.  I think I am bored with the breakfast of fruit every morning and then lunch has pretty much been the same for a week......lean Roger's burger and salad.....then soup at dinner with salad!  I really am not much of an innovator when it comes to food! I am best at following instructions and a plan.  Any suggestions?

Not feeling to swift today...allergies, pollen, children....just tried?

Talk with you later,

Debbie m
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Dear Debbie,

I think MOST of your feeling tired today is still from.....toooo.....much.....sugar not long ago.  I know that when we are really NOT used to eating it...and we sort of (as you said in your post) "OVERLOAD" on it...our bodies really take a beating!

So, just pick yourself, dust yourself off...and get ready and get back on the train!  No permanent damage has been done.  You are just learning to "walk" on LDL...and it is not necessary to beat yourself up.  You are just learning how to do Let's Do Lunchtm and you might just make a few stumbles along the way...but...as my husband and others says, "EDUCATION is expensive" and you are just getting educated about LDL.

You have seen what NON LDL sugary foods can do to your physical body and how your felt.  SO, sometimes we need to see what the NO-NO's do so we don't do the NO-NO's again.  I've been there...done that!  But LDL still is where I return...and post haste is how fast!

You can vary what you have for the meals.  Breakfast can be the apple pancakes made with popcorn flour.  Or Olive oil "fried" eggs, or the couple of varities of fiber cereal, or many variations of fruit.  Lunch could be the soups or soup and salad.  Supper could be veggies and fruits and POPCORN.  Because I work, we eat our protein meal at night and I have still managed to lose weight on LDL.

I believe the longer you are on LDL, the easier and better you like it.  You see, for most of us at least, it is a real life style change.  My family had all those bad things for breakfast.  (My Mom was raised Amish so they had HUGE meals three times a day usually.)  Then we had a big meal for Noon and also for supper.  So, it was a very different concept for me also.  SO, I just took it slow and did the adjusting as I was able until I got to the LDL plan...and

[glow=red,2,300]NOW...I AM TOTALLY SOLD ON IT!!![/glow]

I know it is the only way to live and eat!!!  You are so much healthier eating LDL foods too.  We end up always coming back to the basics if we stray for one reason or another.

So, just adapt it to your life style as that is the only way it will work for you.  Just try to vary things enough so that you don't get bored with it.  Boredom leads to giving up...and we are VICTORIOUS with LDL.  You can have many other meats unless for some reason you don't like them.  Is that the problem?  I "fry" fish in a little Olive oil using blackened seasoning and we enjoy it.  Chicken breasts are great.  Turkey is good.  We occasionally have lean pork chops.  We have beans with onions, garlic seasoning and chunks of turkey ham.  I do that with black-eyed peas too.

I even made "sausage" using ground up turkey with Cajun seasoning.  Have you tried Little Mary's Beef Potato Pie?  How about the mashed Betatoes?  We like them!  I have also made mashed "tur"tatoes using turnips.

Have you checked out the recipes on the boards?  How about some of Niki's bean soups?  The Taco soup?  Or vary it and make it a vegetable soup.  The chili soups?  The tomato soup?  The cauliflower-brocoli soup?  Maybe you could get some ideas from those recipe categories so you don't get bored.  There are lots and lots of choices on here.  Also the "sweet tato fries".  They are really good...and I think really SWEETER than the real sweet potato fries we are used to eating.

Anyway, hope this helps.  If not, and you would like to chat, you may PM me.  I would love to help you in any way that I can.  I know you CAN do this...just keep on...keeping on...on LDL...eating until you are full...eating until you are full (isn't that great?) eating until you are full...to lose weight...and the foods that make you healthier...and you will find yourself feeling so much better...and have a great outlook on life...and still losing weight!  WOW!!!  What a blessing LDL is to us!!!

Keep asking questions.  We will try our best to keep you encouraged and help you along the way to all of our destinations...and that is.....

S K I N N Y T O W N !!!

Love,
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

dmonaco wrote:Okay, I fell off the wagon for a few days!

everyone does, debbie...no biggie....eat as many beans as you can manage and jump back on...niki
dmonaco
New, but learning

Post by dmonaco »

Roger,

Just purchased your book.  I have been using a book from the library and felt it was finally time to purchase the book.  I will reread the book again in hopes to come up with other ideas.  I appreciate your support and the ideas that you gave me.

I also want to thank Jeanne and Nikki....you have been extremely supportive and I will keep on keepin' on! I will let you know how it all works out....Oh, I finally found the corn thins in my town, Tampa, Florida.  Found them in a health food store, they are very good.

In the meantime, I look forward to receiving my autographed book and my recipe cards....I do plan to stick with this as it truly makes alot of sense...I will pass the word on!

thank you everyone

Debbie
dmonaco
New, but learning

Post by dmonaco »

Hey guys - Looking to be held accountable so I am going journal in my foods for the day - Saturday, 2/23/08 -

Breakfast - 1/2 cup orange juice
                1 banana
                1 cup frozen strawberries
                2 slices of fresh pineapple
                sprinkle of cinnamon

Blended and polished off as it was DELICISIOUS

My feelings - felt fine; content; my dogs were driving me nuts so I crated them; other than that a very calm Saturday with chores lingering to be done.  I will get on them once I finish this post. 

Thanks
Life4Now

Post by Life4Now »

Hello Everybody!!! ;D
  I seen Roger and his wife on Homekeepers about 3 wks ago and ordered the book. When it came I read it in 2 days and like one person said you need to read it a couple of times. Thank you Roger for the signed book. Thank you for LDL and most of all for giving God the Glory for it all. So far I love this site because everybody is in the same boat and that you guys give out so much love....remember that other boat...the one Jesus slept in....he's with us through our storm's of life. There is so much energy on this site (GLORY)!!! Thank you Roger and "Family" for a PRAYER thread. Without it we're nothing. I do have a question....I like the rest of you have a problem with pizza and I seen on here as well as the book how to handle that...but I drink 2x20 oz. Cappuccino's daily if not more....that is my treat. Today I have a headache and I know it is because I haven't had my cappuccino. I know that they are loaded with sugar and caffeine.  (LOVE the Olive oil spray on popcorn!!) Right now I've been doing Weight Watcher's and I'm on the point system....this program is similar to the Core. I know one thing I have ate more beans in the last 2 days than I have in I don't know when :-[. Right now I'm on the back end of the skinny train but one day at a time I'll be on the front shout'in his praise. Thanks again Roger.  Sincerely Karllita
Last edited by Life4Now on February 23rd, 2008, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If your doing 90%, why do you worry about the other 10%
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Welcome Karllita!

I don't have an answer for a cappuchino substitute. I bet others on here will comment when they can.
[I don't even LIKE coffee but my neurologist 'prescribed' one 6 oz cup a day. My brother makes a large pot everyday (at 4am!) and pours a cup for me before he fills his thermos. When I get up around 7am, I nuke it to just barely warm and then I gulp it down like a hated medicine.]  :D

Anyway, I'm glad God brought you here!
NJ
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Karllita,

Do you get your cappucinos out, or do you make them?  Our favorite drink is a latte - and we enjoy them guilt free because we order them with non-fat milk and no calorie sweetener.  Since I don't drink cappucinos, I don't really know what is in them, but if they have the flavored syrups in them, you could make them less deadly by ordering yours with sugar free syrup. - most coffee places carry at least a limited selection.  Now - the jury is still out on the sugar free syrups, but if you HAD to have a cappucino, this would be the better choice...

I hope this helps...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Hi, NJ -- Debbie is absolutely right.

HEY NIKI DID YOU SEE THIS POST???????
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:
Hi, NJ -- Debbie is absolutely right.

HEY NIKI DID YOU SEE THIS POST???????

so NOW, we're BOTH right.....................haha..............niki
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

here you are, karlita, another person who's going to learn how amazing let's do lunch is...there's NOTHING like it in the whole world...i have been SO blessed by this wonderful way of eating...but, you only find out about it when you do it.....hold on and prepare to be blessed...........................welcome to our boards............stick around and set a spell(i've been watching the beverly hillbillies lately and it reminds me of my youth....ALTHOUGH, the person i most want to be is GRANNY..there isn't ANYTHING granny can't do)...........God bless you............in Him,niki
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

marysimmons wrote:  I'm just gonna sit here and sit a spell and eat my popcorn now!

miss mary..you're going to have to put a LITTLE more effort into getting this right.....it's SET a spell...and if ott gets a load of this, we'll have a picture of granny ALONG WITH a bio........it ott doesn't see it, otc might see it and oblige us.............haha........
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Niki, don't forget, it's "Set a spell -- take y'SHOOOes off." 

Ya'll come back now, y'hear? 
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage