Re: New To Our Boards?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

Gwennaford wrote:Niki, don't forget, it's "Set a spell -- take y'SHOOOes off." 

Ya'll come back now, y'hear? 

perfect..................bq
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
charlesb

Post by charlesb »

Howdy, just checking things out. I weigh 445 lbs and have tried everything under the sun to get rid of the excess. Pondering on whether to buy the book or not. After a while you become program and book poor. Anyway gonna check things out.

charlesb
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Charles.
    Welcome aboard. I hope you like it here as much as I do. The food is great. Just a few days following the plan and you already feel better. Stay with us and lets us know how you do.
                  Judie
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Charles,

Mary is RIGHT!  I'm not at my goal weight yet, but I have no doubt that I will get there.  It might take another year, but that's ok - I am NEVER HUNGRY!  And when you're never hungry, it certainly helps, doesn't it?  After just a few days of eating only LDL allowable foods, you will lose your cravings - it sounds unbelievable, but IT IS TRUE, trust me on this.

If you really don't want to invest in the book right now, why don't you go to the library and check it out?  Or if you don't want to check it out, sit in the library for a couple of hours and read it there!  (No paper trail leading to you).... it only takes that long to read the "diet" portion of the book....  and you may be like I was and get all excited and start that day, or you may be like Little Mary and wait just a little bit (she hid her book under her bed so that her family didn't know about it).  Either way, if you decide to try it, you WON'T be sorry.

I've not lost as quickly as many people, but that's ok... I'm steadily losing.  I might even have made MY goal if I hadn't veered off course for more than 6 months (a very long and boring story)... the thing is - you will NEVER find a program like this - no counting, no journaling, no weekly weigh-ins, no special food that you have to buy....  oh, and did I mention that YOU WILL NEVER BE HUNGRY????

Go to the Personal Success Story page and read - and then go to the Medical Success Story page and read - you'll be amazed.  I do hope you decide to give it a try.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Charles;

I just wanted to throw my "Welcome" in here too.
I hope you'll read the book and give this a try. I believe you'll be blessed here.

NJ
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Charles...please give us a chance. I've done calorie counting, weight watchers (several times), portion control. NOTHING ever came close to satisfying my cravings. At times I craved sweet and salty (usually satisfied w/ rocky road ice cream!) Now I want FRUIT, and Popcorn, and ***Gasp*** WATER! You will have great success with this if you'll only give it a try
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

charlesb wrote:After a while you become program and book poor. Anyway gonna check things out.

hi charles.............THIS book is unlike any book on "dieting" that you've ever read......you don't have to buy it either.....go on these boards....look for tom's post in the thread "helping out a sista"..that'll give you a GOOD idea of what this is all about...and get the book after you've seen for yourself how it works...eating this way has CHANGED my life....and it CAN do the same for you.....i wish you success....................sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hi Charlesb!  Glad to see you here.  I hope you give Let's Do Lunch a very good try.  Give it a few months & take plenty of time to see how good you will start to feel about the FREEDOM you will find here.

I started out at 409 pounds at the first of the year and immediately dropped 34 pounds of water weight.  It took 2-1/2 months for the scale to show the next 20 pound weight loss, but my body was shrinking the whole time.  Frankly, I haven't been able to afford to buy the book due to unexpected health problems in my family, but I checked one out from the library and read it through several times.  I will definitely buy one eventually, because Roger donates all the money to worthy causes that I want to support.

I know what you mean about being "program poor." I wanted so badly to succeed on those other programs I would buy all the gadgets & measuring devices & stuff, hoping to make it easier to be successful.  I still have all that "stuff" plus the whole 150 pounds I gained back after I couldn't stay on those strict programs.  But there really is no $$ investment necessary in order to get started with Let's Do Lunch.  Just follow Tom's suggestions & take the help from the website while you're deciding.

What I love so much about Let's Do Lunch is that you don't have to worry about planning complicated menus & endless counting, AND you never have to be hungry.  There is a certain amount of planning involved, to make sure you have plenty of beans and fresh fruit on hand at all times.  I guarantee there are no two people who do this program the same way -- it's very customizable!

Hope you will stay with us for the long haul, Charles!

Best Regards,
Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Hi Charlesb,

I can't say it  better than Mary...just 2nding what she said.  Read the book and hop on the "train to skinnytown."

Lovin LDL,
Julie