I'm coming back...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Boo454

Re: I'm coming back...

Post by Boo454 »

robnveronica wrote:Welcome to LDL....
Now for the questions: No to the wheat tortilla...no processed grains allowed!
And for the green beans...make sure there is no hidden sugar in them if they are canned
and for the dressing make sure you have it on the side and dip your fork into it then into your salad. You'll eat much less dressing that way!
ask plenty of ?? and we'll answer as quickly as we can!

Thanks for the answers.  Ok, so no tortilla.  No big deal, well ok, a little deal. :P  I can live without it though.  The green beans, are home canned, no sugar.  The dressing is Walden Farms, no sugar, no fat, no calories so do I really have to worry about how much of it I get on a salad?  If you think so, I will do the fork dip, I would just rather not.  When I do that I feel like I am dieting and I am trying to not look at this as another diet but a life style change.

Thank for answering so quickly.  I think I'm gonna like it here!  :)
Vernswifevickie

Post by Vernswifevickie »

Hey Boo....it's nice here, isn't it? I'm going to start a journal here tomorrow. I was going to do it tonight but my plans all went haywire when water started dripping out of the air conditioning vent in the kitchen. I called my son the air conditioning/refrigeration guy...and he rushed over to save poor Mom from the air conditioning catastrophe! My condensation drain was plugged.....whatever that is! Anyway...he fixed it, stayed for dinner and just left a few minutes ago.

Your menu looks good. Remember, Roger says to eat all you want of the fruits, veggies and other allowed foods on the plan, as often as you need to to stop the cravings. You can snack on as much fruit as you need to, along with the popcorn. I kinda sort of started today. I didn't get to go to the grocery store until after work so my food was kind of weird for the day....but it was on plan. I went to the store after work and got a load of fresh fruits and veggies and a few cans of different beans. I'm ready to start in earnest tomorrow morning.

Wow...this is the first time I've been able to sit down and relax all evening...I'm tired!

Ok...you know what?...I'm going to go and get that journal started right now...
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Mom to Chris, Courtney & Colin
Grandma Honey to lil Miss Autumn
Daughter of the King!
Tori
Administrator

Post by Tori »

Boo454 wrote: The dressing is Walden Farms, no sugar, no fat, no calories so do I really have to worry about how much of it I get on a salad? 

Welcome, Boo!
If there is no fat and no sugar, I would think you could put it right on top of that salad, and enjoy!  :)

I am not a big salad eater, so dressing is not really ever an issue for me. I would rather just have some steamed veggies or fruit. Yours sounds good though, so have at it!

Just out of curiosity, what are the ingredients listed in it?
Vernswifevickie

Ok Boo....I have a journal now. Have I told you how great it is to be chatting with you again!? Well...it's really great!
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Boo454

Post by Boo454 »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Welcome aboard Boo! When you get your book, make sure it says on the front cover under my name, "who has kept the weight off for more than 15 years introduces". If it doesn't say that, you need to purchase the newest version of the book at our website, www.letsdolunch.com , where you will get, with it, the "coming" changes to the next printing (which are substantial and might make the difference between success and failure)...and you will also get a free $15 set of Laminated LDL Recipe Cards, and the shipping and handling is also included (all proceeds go to heart, diabetes and cancer research).

That said, if your book IS the one mentioned above, then please email me, roger@letsdolunch.com , and I will reply by sending you, free of charge, those "coming" changes to the next printing.

God bless and enjoy!

Roger Troy

Thank you very much.  I can't wait to get the book!  I didn't realize that the proceeds went to research.  Had I known that, I would have ordered from your site to begin with.  :thumbsup:  I may just order another one anyway.  Thank you again.
Boo454

Post by Boo454 »

Vernswifevickie wrote:Ok Boo....I have a journal now. Have I told you how great it is to be chatting with you again!? Well...it's really great!

I found your journal.  I'll just write in yours for now. Ok? Ok.  ;D :tongue: 
Vernswifevickie

Boo454 wrote:
Vernswifevickie wrote:Ok Boo....I have a journal now. Have I told you how great it is to be chatting with you again!? Well...it's really great!

I found your journal.  I'll just write in yours for now. Ok? Ok.  ;D :tongue: 

Boo...you can write in my journal anytime you want to!
Vickie
Wife to Vern
Daughter of the King!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Hey Boo!  Nice to meet you.

And Vicki -- Welcome Back!  I missed you.... but then, I missed everybody.  I've been away a while myself, from the boards, not from LDL.  Lord willing, I won't ever go anywhere else that I have to come back from....  :wacko: huh? 

Boo, I hear what you're saying about the salad dressing.  I loves me some salad dressing ! ! !  I always used to feel deprived by having to skimp on the dressing.  I remember when it was hard to choke down a salad without a sufficient quantity.  I doubt that anyone would try to talk you out of the Walden Farms, if that is working for you.  But having tried Roger's trick of dipping your fork tines into the dressing with each bite of salad, I highly recommend it.  I find that, since I only use a FRACTION of the dressing I formerly used, I can justify enjoying the full-fat versions occasionally.  Makes it easier to eat out, too and you can enjoy all the different flavors instead of being tied down to one.  At home I pour dressing into a little serving cup with a lid (like a Tupperware mini--maybe 2-3 tablespoons) and I almost always have some left in the cup after I've finished my salad.  And I eat some BIG salads.  I just have to discipline myself to put the lid on the cup, or push it out of my reach, or I'll catch myself eating it straight out of the cup!   

I'm also curious about the ingredients list on the Walden Farms.  I suspect that no fat & no sugar means it has extra salt and chemicals to give it taste and consistency (?)
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage