uses for popcorn flour ?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Re: uses for popcorn flour ?

Post by RB Kayaking »

I'm a Yankee at heart from the Dairy State (WI) and I grew up eating green fried tomatoes.  I always thought mom and dad couldn't wait for the tomatoes to turn red.  Later I found out that southerners ate them all the time.  Dah, mom's from south Georgia.

Same thing goes with beat tops  (just thought they couldn't wait for the beets to get big).  Did you know that if you cut off the beet tops that the beets will keep growing?

Maybe Florida's not the south because I can never find green tomatoes at the farmer's markets.

RB Kayaking
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Maybe Florida's not the south because I can never find green tomatoes at the farmer's markets.
Hmmmm.....Florida's not the south..........guess we're south of the south. :blink:  I sure don't hear southern accents in FL like I do in GA, SC, NC, & parts of MD.
mrsj
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I've noticed that the further North you go in Florida, the more the locals' accent sounds like they're from the South!  And the further South you go in Florida, the more we all sound like we're from the North, or at least from California or the midwest! 

Strange but true Mary!.....and interesting.

My husband has an accent.....eastern shore of MD......someone asked him once if he was from TN.  That was a first....and only time.
Our 1st visit to FL in '75, my dh and his bro asked for directions......I guess we were that lost....the guys had to ask for directions, lol.
My sis-in-law and I laughed about how strong their accents came thru.
The word *there* became *ther* (rhymes with her)....as in How do you git ther?

I would say this is OT! (off topic)
mrsj
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I was born in Texas, but from age 8-21 I lived in New Jersey, Florida, and Indiana.
Florida is DEFINITELY a "northern" state.
:cool:
NJ
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

EnJae wrote:Florida is DEFINITELY a "northern" state.
:cool:
NJ
I remember one August in MD.......hottest ever, high humidity, high 90's & sweltering......we were planning a trip to FL where the temps were reported to be around 89 & 90 deg.  I told everyone we were going to where it was cooler.......we were going to FL!  So, NJ, that's another way FL is a "northern" state to us.
how can i interject popcorn flour here?.....nope still OT.
mrsj
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

I thought we were moved from popcorn flour to green tomatoes to red tomatoes and then off topic....red tomatoes anyone ?
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

t-rock wrote:I thought we were moved from popcorn flour to green tomatoes to red tomatoes and then off topic....red tomatoes anyone ?
Ha!  Glad someone can keep up!...............and I never say no to red tomatoes.
RB Kayaking
Master Member

Post by RB Kayaking »

I went to the green grocery yesterday and she had green tomatoes.  The woman running the place asked in a slow southern tawang, "Honey, do you know how to fix them tamaters?"  I told her mom was from south Georgia and she said, "Then you ought to know how to fix um."

I sliced them thin, heated my pan and drizzled basil pesto grapeseed oil in the pan and fried um naked.  They were so good.  I'm gonna have to do it again for dinner.

I don't hear many with a southern accent in this part of Florida--of course with the mouse ears so close I hear a lot of languages I don't understand.

RB Kayaking
vleller

Post by vleller »

Back OT :D
I made some pancakes with the popcorn flour this past Sat.  They were yummy!  I fixed my DH regular pancakes and I had my pancakes.  They were nice and light in texture and didn't taste like popcorn either.  

[glow=red,2,300]Lynn[/glow]
Lynn