PAP...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
Shera

Re: PAP...

Post by Shera »

Hi GEM,
  Yes I do love that horse! She has been with me since she was 9 months old, now she is 6 years and I wouldn't trade her for the world.
  The hip is working out great, the relief from the pain of the arthritis is just almost too good to be true. 85 days from surgery to "back in the saddle".
Unfortunately I managed to gain 30 pounds during my recovery, I sat here and ate ice cream telling myself all the while that it was OK because I needed the calcium.  Sure wish I hadn't done that.

Sheral
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

aww...your horse is pretty!  my daughter doesn't want me to click off the page.  she loves them.
Shera

Post by Shera »

Lizzy,
  That's great that your daughter loves horses, they can teach us so much.
Here is one more pic. This is little Ewa, I dressed her up for a Harvest party.
[img]http://[/img]Image
aaa

Post by aaa »

Dear Tina K., Yes, What a beautiful family. You are truly blessed! I just loved the pictures you shared of your husband's graduation. You are already beautiful; I can't believe you could get any prettier with the extra weight off.  But it is exciting , isn't it?!  Love, and prayers, Annamaria

Dear Lizzy,  I commented on another post about your adorable daughter.  You likewise are very pretty.  Your complexion is vibrant.  You have a glow about you. Just wanted to pass this along.  Love and prayers, Annamaria 
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

awww...thank you very much!  that is so sweet!

Sheral....that is so funny AND way cute!  i can't wait to show her when she gets up.  we live down the road from an equestrian (i guess this is the right word...spell checked it and i thought it ended with an m) my mother in law takes the kids down there.  in fact they went last night  :thumbsup:
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

Shera wrote:Lizzy,
  That's great that your daughter loves horses, they can teach us so much.
Here is one more pic. This is little Ewa, I dressed her up for a Harvest party.
[img]http://[/img]Image

Oh, precious pony, even if she is full grown.  Is she a miniature?  How tall, I mean, how many hands is she?  (That was my one shot show off; I don't speak "horse."  Oh wait...I can say "withers."  That's horse speak, isn't it?)  Do she--is it EWA or EVA--and Baby get along?

Amazing about your hip.  It went really well, for you, didn't it?  You're a great example for Gwen.

GEM

:kissed:
GEM
CapriSun
New, but learning

Post by CapriSun »

This is my husband & I, last August at the Portland Zoo:

And our 3 boys that same day - the order in the pic are ages 10, 13, and 8:

junsam

Post by junsam »

Okay, so I finally figured out how to post a picture.  So as I promised:

It is rare to get a photo of me, so you all are very lucky!
    Dorothy

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
Shera

Post by Shera »

Hi CapriSun,
Nice to see another Oregonian here. Nice looking family!
Let me guess.......Bend? Redmond?
I love the high desert. If it didn't snow so much I would live over there.

Hi Miss GEM,
Yes it is EWA, she is a miniature and she is 33 inches tall at the withers. Good going with the "horse" terms  :thumbsup:
That's 8.1 hands and she is 8 years old. Baby is 16 hands.
She and Baby get along fine, in fact the 3 minis and the 3 big horses share the pasture and all get along together.

Lizzy,
 What did your daughter think of little Ewa?

Sheral
Shera

Post by Shera »

Oh!!!!! Look at that pretty girl two posts up....... :kissed:
GEM
Master Member

Post by GEM »

Shera wrote:Oh!!!!! Look at that pretty girl two posts up....... :kissed:

I'm think ole Roy Orbison, God rest his soul, would be havin' a field day, over here!  It'd be like his record got stuck on the turntable, and just kept playin', over 'n over, "Ohhh, ohhh, Pretty Woman!"  (And this is just a samplin' of the beauties we got on this site!)

GEM

:kissed:
GEM
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

junsam wrote:Okay, so I finally figured out how to post a picture.  So as I promised:

It is rare to get a photo of me, so you all are very lucky!

Thank you For sharing Junsam! It's great to see you!

Tina K.

PS. Is your hair naturally curly? I love it! You are too cute!
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

CapriSun wrote:This is my husband & I, last August at the Portland Zoo:

And our 3 boys that same day - the order in the pic are ages 10, 13, and 8:

Caprisun,

You are beautiful and have a beautiful family! 3 boys, wow! I'm just learning about boys with my almost 6 month old son. I have a daughter too. We only had girls on my side, so this boy thing is definitely different. My sis is prego with a boy and she is very nervous, and I quote " I don't know what to do with a pee pee" lol, I Hope that isn't too bad to be written on here, it made me laugh!

Anyway, Glad you are here with us! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures!!

Hope to chat soon!

Tina K.
MissBizzyLizzy
Master Member

Post by MissBizzyLizzy »

Sheral she said....uuhhhh that a baby?  me love babies! cool...him cute!  me love the baby. 

she's funny!  i told her it was a pony not a baby but she doesn't get it.  ;)
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

haven't figured out how to do pictures yet, but will some day soon.
CapriSun
New, but learning

Post by CapriSun »

Tina K wrote:
Caprisun,

You are beautiful and have a beautiful family! 3 boys, wow! I'm just learning about boys with my almost 6 month old son. I have a daughter too. We only had girls on my side, so this boy thing is definitely different. My sis is prego with a boy and she is very nervous, and I quote " I don't know what to do with a pee pee" lol, I Hope that isn't too bad to be written on here, it made me laugh!

Anyway, Glad you are here with us! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures!!

Hope to chat soon!

Tina K.

Thank you Tina! You're very sweet.  :)

I didn't really know the first thing about boys when we found out our first one was coming along. I am the oldest of 3 girls and I was 12 when my Dad & step-mom had my brother, and 13 when my Mom & then-step-father had my other brother. I love babies so especially at that age I was all over taking care of them, but you can't really know what it's like until you get your own LOL. At first I wondered what in the world God was thinking, giving me 3 boys  :shock: but I have come to realize He knows exactly what He is doing.  ;)  I'm a very "casual" Mom, and that fits boys better I think. Don't get me wrong they are my children and I am their Mother, but by and large we just try to have fun, KWIM? I *would* very much like a girl, and I hope that God sees it fit to bring one to us within the next year or so. If He doesn't, I'll be okay, but if He does, it will make life that much sweeter.  :)

Anyway, thank you for the welcome and the nice comments! I peeked at your journal, you & your family are just delightful. I feel that your husband must be much like you - the kindness radiates from your face and he seems to be a good partner for you - my observations based on a couple of photos!  :D

Take care all!
junsam

Post by junsam »

Tina K wrote:
junsam wrote:Thank you For sharing Junsam! It's great to see you!

Tina K.

PS. Is your hair naturally curly? I love it! You are too cute![/color]

Thanks for the compliment Tina K.  And yes, my hair is naturally curly.  It is a little shorter right now, but I am thinking of growing it back out?
    Dorothy

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Junsam

I think it's amazing how we can look clearly at someone else's photo and see beauty. but we can't bear to look at our own photos.... and seldom think they're pretty.

I was told my whole life that I was plain or masculine looking. Never occurred to me that my mother was wrong. So I developed the idea that what I saw in the mirror is what is defined as "plain".

After I started LDL, AND after my mother had died, an incident happened with my foster-dad. I got on here laughing about how he was trying to tell me I was a beautiful woman  ---  hahaha.
Well, I was OVERWHELMED by the response of folks on here who, instead of laughing with me, backed him up!

I honestly had NO idea I was pretty.

Since then I have been working on changing my self-image. But I still can't stand having my picture taken. I still have some growing to do.

Junsam; I suspect that your photo-phobia has to do with the fact that you do not see yourself as others do.

NJ
Last edited by EnJae on June 26th, 2009, 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
junsam

Post by junsam »

Thanks for your words NJ.  I actually do like the picture of me that I posted.  I do think that I am beautiful (inside and out), just in the wrong body right now.  Time and LDL will change that and then watch out, you guys will be sick of seeing all my photos  ;)
    Dorothy

aaa

Post by aaa »

Dear NJ,  I too see an attractive woman. I truly believe when you are beautiful inside it eminates to the outside.  I know I have met individuals whether male or female who at first appear beautiful but when they are not that way inside very soon they are no longer attractive...do you know what i mean?!  You are fighting the good fight and staying on course...you are an inspiration to me. You are always helping others.  And I know the Lord is pleased.  I don't want to disrespect your "Mother" but I don't think she was correct. So bye for now, "Pretty Woman"! Love and prayers, Annamaria