Eating LDL Pure --- a test !

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

Re: Eating LDL Pure --- a test !

Post by julie409 »

Hey Guys,

I am going to count down the next 25 lbs on my ticker so the next goal I hit will be at 60 lbs lost.  :thumbsup:  Once I reach there I will be 40 lbs from goal. (Whoo Hooo) I don't really have a timeframe in mind. It is up to my body and how it wishes to adjust. I may reevaluate when I am closer to goal and see where I want to go. I am not quite sure having never been there in my entire adult life. However I am not just hopeful I am confident.  ;)

Of course, having all of you to inspire me and support me is extremely valuable. I am also toying with beginning my own journal for this part. I will decide soon.

I already did 20 minutes on the glider so that will get my metabolism moving.
I have been making a vat of pureed squash bc my kids are coming here tomorrow and I wanted to have time consuming things prepared in advance. I made a batch with roasted squash, cinnamon, and ICBINB. Yummy for my grandson. In the last batch, I threw in some sauteed vadalia onions. They don't really taste too much different. But they both are really good!  :drool:  It was the first time I used my food processor (I think I'm in love  *love* ) and it was the first time I did not slice my fingers in the process. Seriously, I have 2 band aids on right now ---  :stop:

BF: watermelon, grapes
L chicken breast, pureed squash
D watermelon, grapes

Planning on more exercise later. Probably callenetics and maybe some weights. It's a dreary day today but I am hitting the road in a few - shopping in reverse - I love doing that!

Doodlebug!  Sounds like you had a great morning walking. I know you will do really well tomorrow. You already know what you need to do and that makes it easy.

Jim, are you still with us?  I know you and Doodle have your own journals as well. Anyone else still in?

Julie :rose:
powder99

Post by powder99 »

Hi
Good day: I am down a few more pounds and I ran 10 km (6.21 miles) for the first time.
I want to be able to run 10 km in under 60 minutes by the spring.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Jim,

That's terrific on both counts! Congratulations! And the weight just keeps rolling off! Yeah!

powder99

Post by powder99 »

September 12, 2009

B: Smoothie
S: None
L: Steak, prawns, shrimp, (cleaning out the freezer), corn on the cob, mushrooms, and zucchini.
D: Watermelon
S: Banana/Apple

No exercise tomorrow. On the road for hours and hours.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Good Morning!

I am back on PURE
(BF- Fruit; L - Protein and veggies and soups; D - Fruit)
full force and things are moving again. Yeah!  ;D :thumbsup: :)

I also notice I do better when I break up my exercise into 2 sessions - morning and evening. It seems to keep my metabolism moving all day and night.  ;)

Exercise: 20 minutes glider (Done!) AM; 30 minutes glider PM

BF watermelon ( not very hungry)
L Chicken and Butternut squash mash and hummus (maybe some broccoli too if I feel like it)
D Watermelon and grapes

Having dinner with my children and grandchild - should be easy breezy.  *love*

Have a lovely Sunday everyone! *hug*

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

WE had a great day today. But I did notice a little swelling in my eyes so I will lay off the grapes for a while. I guess I am back to applesauce and watermelon. That's fine - just a little limiting!

Stayed pure in the face of french fries, sausage and peppers, zeppoles, ice cream and funnel cakes!  I even made a great dinner for my family and just ate watermelon! I was a really good girl! I am giving myself a gold star! I think I am going to hug myself  *hug*  :laughing:

Julie  :rose:
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Julie, I am soooo glad you had a nice time with your family! AND so proud of you for being a good girl and sticking to your plan..that is awesome! Everyday choices like you made, that is what makes a big difference in your success. Just wanted to let you know how awesome I think you are  *hug*

~Jaz  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Julie- I don't know how to add graphics (having acquired a Trojan virus the only time I attempted  :shocked:!), but here are a baker's dozen gold stars for being such a "good girl!"  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thank you, ms. Jazzy!  *hug*  SO glad we can do this together.  :kissed:
Pam,  *hug*  You are so sweet!  Thanks for the gold stars.

Back to eating PURE. I am back, baby!  :laughing: The weight is moving again. I have reached a new milestone. 40 lbs down!!! I am almost halfway to my goal!  :thumbsup:

WHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

BF Watermelon
L chicken chop meat with pureed artichokes, tomatoes and canellinni beans.
D Watermelon - Applesauce.

Loving this!  *love*

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Weigh to go, Julie!  The weight has got to go, right?
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Doodlebug  *hug*

Shhh, don't let Jim know or he will climb Mt. Everest and come back another 5 lbs lighter and pass me up!  :laughing:

I crack myself up!
powder99

Post by powder99 »

Sept. 13/14

Sunday:

B: Banana
L: Pork tenderloin, carrots, zucchini, peppers, beans, corn on the cob.
S: Apples - 2
D: Smoothie
S: Bananas and apples

Monday:
S: Banana
L: Steak and salad at Boston Pizza. The veggies were awesome. Not the 2 pound serving I would serve up at home but a good size. I did not recognize one of the veggies but it was good. Lunch was a couple hours late so it was all very good.
D: Smoothie

I ran 6 km (3.72 miles) after I checked into my hotel. Kind of an interesting way to see an area.
powder99

Post by powder99 »

julie409 wrote:Doodlebug  *hug*

Shhh, don't let Jim know or he will climb Mt. Everest and come back another 5 lbs lighter and pass me up!  :laughing:

I crack myself up!

Sorry Julie, the word is out! Forty pounds: got a nice ring to it, don't it! So, I work my butt off literally and figuratively and still you get ahead of me. Keep focused girl, I am right behind you!

Jim
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

powder99 wrote:
julie409 wrote:Doodlebug  *hug*

I crack myself up!

Sorry Julie, the word is out! Forty pounds: got a nice ring to it, don't it! So, I work my butt off literally and figuratively and still you get ahead of me. Keep focused girl, I am right behind you!

Jim

Hopefully, your view from behind me (or of my behind, whichever way you look at it) is getting smaller with each passing day!  :D

powder99

Post by powder99 »

Sept. 15/16
Tuesday:

L: 2 wraps and soup. Not LDL compliant but pretty reasonable.
S: Apples - 2
D: Bananas and Kiwi
S: Bananas and apples

Wednesday
B: Banana - 2
L: 2 chicken breasts and salad
D: Banana - 2

Have not done any exercises for the last 2 days. Both days I left the hotel before 8 and was nearly 10 before I got back to my hotel. I have about an 8 hour drive and I really have to do my interval training when I get home. For being on the road for the last 4 days, I have done quite well for eating reasonably.
Many of my colleagues at the conference wanted to know how I lost so much so of course, I spread the word.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI all,

For some reason I couldn't get things to post yesterday except for the new one about my daughter joining us. So thrilled about that.

Yesterday 40 minutes on the glider

BF Watermelon
L chicken with home made hummus and sun dried tomato tapenade (gottat watch that but the flavor is incredible)
D Watermelon, grapes and then I had some spaghetti squash with red clam sauce - boy was that good. It was loaded with sodium so I am doing a fruit flush today. Since I don't generally use salt in anything - I sometimes crave it. It doesn't like me but oh well!

Not a PURE day but an LDL day.

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, I explained why I hadn't been posting about food and exercise on my journal, if anybody wondered.  I haven't stopped LDL.

Today for breakfast I had a half of a half  :laughing: of a grapefruit and a banana.  (We had two grapefruit in the bowl and I was going to peel both for my husband and me.  When I grabbed them and looked under they were all moldy.  One had half of it that was still OK, so I cut it and shared it with my husband.  (Oh, the "half of a half" is the way some Cajuns really would say that.  It is in a story my husband tells about how he stopped to get a poboy (sandwich) one night at a little gas station.  The lady asked, "Do you what a half, or a half of a half?)

Lunch will be the left over fajitas on lettuce leaves.  I can hardly wait.  I also made a big pot of bean soup based on the recipe "Niki's Favorite Soup" but with variations.  I used 2 lbs. of black beans, 1 lb. of pinto beans, 1 lb. of lentils and that is a lot of beans.  My 12 quart pot is full!  I didn't have all the ingredients -- or I should say enough of all of the ingredients, so I used what I had.  I love that about cooking soup.  I threw in some left over onions and peppers from the fajitas.  I also put a jar of salsa that my husband wasn't going to eat.  I'd bought it for him, but it was an off brand.  I still need to get some crushed tomatoes, but can put that in last.  It is cooked and Mom actually ate some -- can't keep her from being hungry all the time.  Anyway, she said it was delicious like it is.  I am going to put some pico de gallo on top.  I did that yesterday with some soup I ate and it was so good!  :drool:

I walked 78 minutes and plan to do the Total Gym today.

Make it a great day!  :thumbsup:
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Good for you Doodle bug!

You are so close to your birthday ---eeeeekkkkk - only 2 days from tomorrow!

I am sad to say that Sir Paul will n ot make it to your party having just released his new wii game- he has to go out and about to promote it. Sorry - I tried!

But I will be there!  :cool: 

Today was pretty good. Didn't pull off the fruit flush - was too hungry at about 2 pm. That happens when I don't have beans regularly.

BF Watermelon
L grapes
More Lunch 2 grilled chicken breasts from Wendy's - bald!
D spaghetti squash with eggplant tomato sauce.

Now I need to go glide  :rolleyes:

powder99

Post by powder99 »

September 17, 2009

B: Banana
L: Sirloin, salad, shrimp, scallops, veggies
D: Watermelon

I drove the rest of the way home and felt too lazy to exercise.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, I was telling Julie in a PM that I am so glad we did this experiment to see if we could excellerate our weight loss by eating just fruit for breakfast and dinner, with the typical LDL lunch.  As far as I'm concerned, this has been a very successful experiment.  We have been posting here for about a month and a half, if I'm not mistaken.  This is to tell anyone who reads this that you really do get the best results by eating just fruit at breakfast and dinner.  It speeds up your weight loss.  I was aiming for losing 25 lbs. by my birthday.  I know I've been successful, but we'll see if I've also been successful with the goal. 

I have never had such an easy time losing weight.  It isn't just about the weight, either.  I have found in LDL the livet I was looking for.  There are millions of diets, but I wanted a livet.  I am sick of dieting and want a way to live and be thin, yet not be hungry or miserable.  This is it.  I feel so slender now and know that I am not going back to those larger sizes.  I truly am content with the weight I lost thus far, when before I would have thought my current weight was fat.  Now, I have been exercising, but even when I used to exercise and diet, this weight looked fat on me.  It does not look fat at all.  I look fit and trim.  I don't know why that is, but it is.  LDL does something else besides making you lose weight.  Some have said it redistributes your weight.  Anyway, I feel so good and when I think where I was less than 3 months ago, I just marvel.  This way of eating works and I want everyone to know about it.  I want everyone to be the best they can be. 

Today I've eaten:  Breakfast -- banana and grapefruit,  Lunch -- bean soup and salmon  and I will eat watermelon for dinner with possibly another fruit. 

Julie's feeling she is going to start adding beans at night, because she doesn't have a great variety of fruit she can tolerate with her allergies.  For now, I think I'll continue eating this way, because my husband doesn't mind it either.  It is so easy to prepare just fruit!  :D  I'm thinking that I might as well keep it up until I get to my goal weight.  If my husband still needs to lose more at that time, I might continue to see where my body stops.  I'm going to have times of not following this perfectly, but this is a wonderful way of life.