Calling all Lurkers! Welcome Tonz, Scrapper, Dianalee, Redcat & Country Girl!

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Calling all Lurkers! Welcome Tonz, Scrapper, Dianalee & Redcat!

Post by MsHeirloom »

Country Girl- Welcome to the LDL board.  I'm so glad you've decided to join us online.  I'm a Buckeye, also, from Maumee (near Toledo) ;).  Congratulations with your great success on this WOE.  We all agree that this is a dream come true.  Pam
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

I will be on the Express Train for sure!

With Kathy's coffee addiction, can she have the LandOLakes Mimi Moo's Half & Half?  I've been using in my coffee and one container is 10 calories.  No sugar.  I believe these are on the grocery list.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
redkat

Re: Calling all Lurkers! Welcome Tonz, Scrapper, Dianalee, Redcat & Country Girl!

Post by redkat »

Welcome, Country Girl,

WOW, 25 lbs...how wonderful is that?  I agree with you so much about all the love and support on these boards.  And the foods we eat... I really don't feel deprived.  I have replaced all (or almost all) of the bad things I ate in my past with really delicious things. 

It's also nice to see another mother/daughter team on board.  My daughter (Scarlett859) is on board with me.

Tonya,  how about that cream you mentioned.  How close to real cream is the taste?  Maybe I could use it as the bridge until I can get used to black coffee.

Kathy
Kathy
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

tonz2day wrote:With Kathy's coffee addiction, can she have the LandOLakes Mimi Moo's Half & Half?  I've been using in my coffee and one container is 10 calories.  No sugar.  I believe these are on the grocery list.

after going to a new endocrinologist, i lowered my thyroid medication....so NOW, i'm BACK on COFFEE......a half a pot in the morning to jump start my day......LOVE IT....
as far as i know, all these kinds of products have hidden sugars in them.......right now, i use 1% milk in the 2 mugfuls i have every morning......i WON'T drink black coffee.....i refuse.........................
i looked on land o lakes' website and don't see any such product....i DO know that fat free half and half is LOADED with hidden sugars, so BUYER BEWARE..... 
Last edited by niki on October 7th, 2009, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Welcome Country Girl!  And I am so glad to see you.  I couldn't get on line last night though I tried several times to write this.  I love your mom. Her name alone makes me happy. And she is a doll to help you with the cooking. It is wonderful to have so many mother/daughter teams on LDL. I really think that is the best way to make continued progress. Family members can really lend support to each other.

You are having great success - Congratulations!  :thumbsup:  I am sure you will find yourself lending support to other newer members now that you have come out of hiding  :laughing:  After Roger appears on the 700 club we will probably be inundated with lots of newbies checking things out. 

LDL is really a miracle. It has helped so many of us have the courage and conviction to try yet again to be healthy. Only this time it is different. I no longer feel like there is something wrong with me. now I KNOW there was something wrong with the plan I was on or the food itself.

I am glad you could feel supported by just reading the posts. It is good to know. But I am very grateful that all of you guys have made the decision to come out and join us. 

Doodlebug- I will try again tonight to PM.  11lbs to go!  :shock:  That's incredible!  It will be interesting to see how far your body goes after YOU think YOU are done!  Can't wait!

NIKI - good news about the meds- great news about the coffee :thumbsup:

Julie :rose:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: Calling all Lurkers! Welcome Tonz, Scrapper, Dianalee, Redcat & Country Girl!

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, Julie, that pound loss made me stay away from popcorn and another pound is gone, so now I just have 10 lbs.  Then I noticed I'm an official "Master Member" all on the same day!  Wow!  :angel:  Thank You, Jesus, for LDL!  :angel:  I think if I stay away from popcorn I'll be at my goal in no time.  My clothes are fitting so nicely.  I'm not going out and buying new clothes until I settle on a weight -- unless I just have to.  I think since I'm not working, I could get by on a pair of jeans that fit. 
redkat

Post by redkat »

Crickadoodle,
I also am staying off popcorn for a while.  It will be interesting to see of that will speed things up.  I look to you all for your input on your successes and letting us know what works best. 

Congrats on the 10 to go.  That is absolutely wonderful.  Just goes to show that this plan indeed has "devine intervention" working on our side.

Kathy
Kathy
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Calling all Lurkers! Welcome Tonz, Scrapper, Dianalee, Redcat & Country Gir

Post by MsHeirloom »

Crick- Ten pounds!  Did you say 10 pounds??!  Wow! AWESOME!!! :inlove: ;) :) :thumbsup:!  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Doodlebug!  10 lbs - wow, you could be at goal by the time you go on vacation!  Or what you think is your goal.

I will bet your body has a different idea about that.

Congratulations!  *hug*  You deserve to really reflect on what you have accomplished. Roger gave us the tools but you have been so focused - you really deserve the success you are having.

Redkat,
Good for you!  :thumbsup:
I'm with Doodle on the popcorn.  It's great for a once in a very great while snack but for me having CORN on the cob, popCORN and CORN thins is way too much. A lot of us have realized that over the summer as we compared notes. Also the corn thins and the popcorn can encourage a snacking habit. And that is something we are all striving to break away from.
redkat

Post by redkat »

Julie,
Actually the popcorn wasn't so much a snack as my evening meal.  I work 2 jobs.  The first from 7:30-4:00. Then another from 5:00-9:00.  I eat my fruit in the morning when I first get to work.  Then for lunch (around 12:00-1:00) I have my LDL lunch.  It's at night while at work that I munch on popcorn usually from 5:30-7:00.  We get a break at 7:30 and I sometimes have fruit.  I don't snack during the day at all, I just never developed that habit.  The most I have is a cup of coffee
Kathy
Kathy
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

That's great! Then you are way ahead of a lot of us.

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, it feels great to have lost that weight.  I was getting used to eating popcorn at night after my fruit.  When I lose all the weight, I'm sure I'll eat popcorn pretty regularly, but that will be a new phase.  I see very little change in my weight when I eat the popcorn. 

Julie, I doubt I lose 10 lbs. by Sunday!  :laughing:  I'd have to lose body parts, and remember -- we draw the line there!  :D

I want to see if I come back from vacation and see that I've lost a pound or two!  That has never happened in my whole life.  Vacations used to be partly for eating new stuff and, of course, gaining weight.  You can have fun without eating bad stuff.  I'm really into this new lifestyle.

Oh, I had a 4-H meeting at school today for the club I'm sponsoring.  It is at the school I used to work at and I got to talk to a bunch of people I used to work with.  Everyone was interested in how I lost the weight.  They used to see me everyday.  I think a few are considering eating this way.  Two ladies in the church office have diabetes and told me that was why this plan wouldn't work for them, but I already read the thread about how diabetics are really helped by LDL.  So, they are thinking some more about it.  I've bought extra books to lend to people.  I must own 4 or 5 books!  I want to see people experience what I've experienced. 
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

Wouldn't that be something to lose a lb. or two on vacation?  I generally gain 5 but now that I know about this plan I don't think it will happen again.  The last time I lost weight I was at my losest for 1 day LOL.  I then went on a cruise and ate and drank whatever I wanted and I haven't stopped until I ran into you wonderful ladies!  Woo Hoo LDL and its members!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
Country Girl

Post by Country Girl »

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome.  I look forward to our many chats.  Congrats to all of you that have been sharing successes.  Don't have much time to post.  My husband had a complete knee replacement two weeks ago, so I have been busy with him, work, and home.  There just aren't enough hours in the day.  Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!  Country Girl  :D 
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Country Girl, I've been there before -- no time for much but taking care of everyone else who is depending on you.  Good thing it will just be for a season.  As my mom was recuperating from her surgeries this summer, I remember rejoicing over each little thing she could start doing for herself.  It felt like I'd always be getting up every hour of the night to help her go to the bathroom.  When that changed it was so appreciated by me.  I pray you'll be rejoicing soon at all your husband will be able to do again.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

crickadoodle wrote:Julie, I doubt I lose 10 lbs. by Sunday!   :laughing:  I'd have to lose body parts, and remember -- we draw the line there!   :D

Doodle - yes, we do!  I still haven't found out what Tina's gallbladder weighed.  :laughing:

For some reason I thought you were going at the end of the month. 

Well I know you will have a wonderful time. I miss going away with friends.

Country, I hope your husband is feeling better really soon.

Julie  :rose:
Country Girl

Post by Country Girl »

Julie - and everyone else!!

Hubby is doing much better.  He got his staples out of his knee this week, so he is feeling more normal.  The doc said the first three months are tough-- the therapy is a killer.  He does it 3 mornings a week and then several times at home.  Here's a side bar story - He basically does LDL with me and has since the end of May. He knew his knee replacement was coming this fall and knew some weight loss would be helpful. He's never really had what I call a weight problem, but had put on some pounds over the last ten years.  He's very active.  He's tall and has very big bones, so carries his weight very well.  Anyhow, he has dropped about 30 pounds since we started.  On him, that is very noticeable!  Everyone wants to know what he has been doing.  People are just starting to notice that I've lost a few pounds, too! Isn't that the way it often goes when husbands and wives do a program together?  ;)  I'm happy for him.  He's dropped a few more pounds since surgery and doesn't need to loose anymore.  He's never been much of a potato, bread, or sweets kind of guy and has always loved fruit.  However, he would eat them if they were there.  Now that I'm cutting up all of the fresh fruit, it's so easy.  He has been very supportive of this WOE and of me.  He is amazed at all we eat.  Our kids chuckle at all of the beans we eat.  Our youngest is the only one at home (19) and likes all of the food we've been eating.  I've told them to get used to it!  Need to go!  Hope everyone has a great weekend!  :D  Country Girl  :D
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Country Girl, I also want to chime in my welcome to LDL!
That's good news about your husband getting his staples out and feeling more normal.
Wow!  He's already lost 30 lbs!  That's taking pressure off the knees!!  And yeah.....the guys most always lose faster.  Oh well, as long as we can enjoy the journey, losing slower is not as big a deal.  Plus we're just happy the guys are getting healthy too.

As for the kids chuckling at all the beans, I love your "Mom" answer - Get used to it! :thumbsup:
I look forward to hearing more about your journey here.
God bless you and your family,
mrsj
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Country Girl!

So glad to hear of your husbands progress.  It always amazes me how seemingly easy it is for men to lose weight. Most of them just lose it by eating side by side with us.  ;)  But I am happy for him to be gaining back his good health!  And I commend him for doing something to help himself!

As for the kids - I'm with you!