Fustrated right now

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
mrsj
Master Member

Re: Fustrated right now

Post by mrsj »

Patapples, check out this link for savannah's hot blueberry pie.
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5777.0

mrsj
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks MrsJ for helping patapples, because I know where they are, but do not know how to show them.  That's what I had for dinner.  I had a blackberry pie.  I told my hubby that it was so good that it tasted sinful.  *evil*  It was so satisfying.  Hope Patapple, that you enjoy it.  You can use blueberries, pineapple, peaches with a banana nd some sweetener.  I use Splenda and a taste of cinnamon.  Use a nice size bowl--It gets bubbly. :thumbsup:  Joyful Friend
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Joyful Friend,

I had the same problem with including a link in my posts.  I asked how to do it and received the following information.

http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=8053.0

P.S. You'll find the link in the Address bar at the top of your screen. Also, MrsJ means that you minimize your current screen and then log into LDL again so that way you have two LDL screens -- one to copy your information and the other is the post you are currently using.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Isn't it nice how we all help each other and pay it forward.  I just love my LDL family! *love*
mrsj
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

Everyone is so helpful here, I hope we can keep this one going. 
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

I checked the site for the blueberry pie, It sounds so easy and delicious.  I am going to try it.  Maybe tonight.  I do have frozen berries just not blue berries.  I'll try it with my boysenberries.  thank you.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

This recipe seems to work with whatever berries you enjoy.  I have made it with frozen sweet cherries and last night we had it with raspberries.  I don't even add the sweetener the cinnamon seems to make it complete.  I agree this is sooo good it does seem sinful to be eating it!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

wendysgoodnews wrote:Like today I had Waldorf salad with apples and chicken plus all the veggies.  Will this stop or slow down the weight loss if I eat it all together like this?  In the last couple days we have been eating more bananas but aren't they more fattening then other fruit?

Wendy,

Waldorf Salad won't slow down nor stall your weight loss.  Roger has us eating fruit for breakfast and supper because he feels that if we eat fruit at every meal we'll get "fruited out".  You can eat fruit with your heavy protein meal (LDL lunch) and this includes Waldorf Salad.

Bananas are not fattening!  Eat all you want.  Bananas are my favorite fruit and I eat a lot of them every week and continue to lose weight.  My sister who just started LDL can't, for medical reasons, eat a lot of fresh fruits.  She can eat bananas with no problem but eats a lot of canned fruits.  She drains and rinses them.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

thanks for answering my question about eating meat & fruit together.  I loved the Waldorf salad with fruit and chicken but only ate it once on lettuce because I wasn't sure I should be eating it.  Mike ate the rest of it and loved it.  LDL is so easy to follow with all different items I can eat it would have made it more difficult if I had to figure out what not to eat with meat when I am having lunch.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: Eating Fruit & Protein Together

Post by CodingQueen »

wendysgoodnews wrote:I have been eating fruit but I have tried to mix it with other things to make it go further.  Like today I had Waldorf salad with apples and chicken plus all the veggies.  Will this stop or slow down the weight loss if I eat it all together like this?  Or should I make sure and eat the fruit separate from the protein & veggies?  

wendysgoodnews,

When I was a little girl my mother always made a fruit salad to go with our Thanksgiving Dinner. I would get sick to my stomach afterwards and she would tell me that it was because I ate too much. I thought it was kind of strange that no one else got sick....especially my brothers who ate enough to kill a horse.

Later, after I started working in the healthcare field, I went to a luncheon seminar provided by a naturopathic physician. He spoke about food combining. That's when I learned that it was the fruit salad that had been making me sick all those years. That is why I eat my fruit alone. As I said before, no one else got sick. Obviously, everyone is different and reacts differently to certain foods. In otherwords, just because I have problems digesting fruit with protein doesn't mean that you or anyone else will. Let your body do the talking. It will let you know when something isn't right.

By the way, fruit goes very well with lettuce and celery.

CQ
Patapples

Post by Patapples »

We always have a fruit salad with our Thanksgiving dinner also.  My sister made a waldorf type of chicken salad and she added curry.  It was delicious.  It had apples, grapes, chicken breast, celery and green onions.  She used mayonaise and of course the curry.  I am thinking of trying it this year at our Thanksgiving dinner.