Eating LDL and Eating LDL to lose weight... are two different things...

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Re: Eating LDL and Eating LDL to lose weight... are two different things...

Post by barrypaxton »

When do you leave? We'll miss you.

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ollie, I figured you have been busy with the Haiti heartbreak; hope local people are giving money. Our church has helped as well as many of the other ones.  We leave Thursday.  I'm sorry about not being at the Red Cross meeting.  We had loads of things to do that week and I wasn't on my computer.  How are you doing on LDL? Shirley told me that she had lost 9## on it, hope she continues.  Is your mom trying LDL?  I posted the chicken recipe.  It was called a 10 minute meal, but it took me a little longer.  I get back the 20th.  I'll miss the SC board meeting.  It will run without me. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:  *love* *hug* *hug* JF 
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Have a great trip, Joyful Friend. 

You know who the Louisiana delegation of LDL is pulling for today -- Geaux Saints!  My pastor showed a little clip today of Drew Brees telling about how he gave his life to Christ when he was 17 yrs. old.  He just seems like such a nice guy.  He's been great for the New Orleans area after Katrina and all.  We have never been to the Super Bowl as a team (I actually went to Super Bowl IV when I was a kid.  The Chiefs vs. the Vikings.  Chiefs won.) -- one of only 5 teams in the NFL who can say that and we are hoping that we will no longer be members of that elite (?) club!  :D  I can't help but pull for Peyton Manning and the Colts in the other game.  Archie Manning was the Saints' quarterback for so many years.  He was very talented and never got the chance to play on a team that had equally talented players.  I am so happy for him that his boys have been so successful.  They got their talent from him.  Of course if the Colts play the Saints in the Super Bowl, I'm pulling for the Saints.  We've been waiting for a team like this for so long.  It has been fun to watch them.

Oh, we had season tickets to the Saints games when I was a kid.  My parents had them from the first year and for many years afterwards.  My mom said she never saw them win one time!  She said they'd be winning and Dad wanted to beat the traffic home, so they'd leave for the car.  By the time they made it to the car, the Saints had loss the game. 
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

JF,
Mom is going to start on LDL when she gets back from FL around the first of March. I mailed a copy of the First Magazine article to her so she can start thinking about it. Glad to hear Shirley is doing it too. I've lost 30 lbs so far. I love this way of eating and I thank the Lord everyday that you told me about LDL.

We have been busy collecting money for the Haiti Relief. Have collected over $1800 from Gallia County.

We'll miss you at the Red Cross Board meeting in Feb.

Have a wonderful trip and take lots of pictures with you in them!!!

Forever Friend,
Ollie

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks, Ollie and Crick.  We should have a wonderful time.  What great ball games today!  The Saints deserved the win.  Super Bowl should be a good one.  I  also really like the Colts.  Payton M is something else.  I hope more people join LDL.  It does work for all of us, but I'm always surprised by people's response to it.  They usually say that they can't do without pie or bread.  Evidently they don't get hungry.  Everyone has to find their own success in the program they want. This WOE is something we can live with.  I have been enjoying eating out and new dishes at home, and I lost another lb.  I bought a size 8 dressy dress for our trip.  It feels so good to be able to slip into that size.  Ollie, I bet you miss your mom.  :thumbsup: *hug* *love* JF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Here is a link to that interview with Drew Brees.  It is really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0buCfbFuHw

Oh, I was such a nervous wreck during that game.  What a game!  The Vikings played so well and Brett Favre is a tough competitor.  I'd have been pulling for him had he not been playing the Saints.  He'd have been pulling for the Saints, if he wasn't playing against them.  I'm thinking all the pacing I was doing should take a few pounds off!  :laughing: 
intune878

Post by intune878 »

Good for you!!!  Great job!!!  I know it makes you feel so good!  intune

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

:laughing: :laughing:  That Saints' game did affect my weight!  I'm down 2 lbs.  In fact, I entered the 120s!  Wow!  7 months ago, I'd have never believed I'd ever see the 120s again.  Somebody pinch me!  Is this for real?  :laughing:

I just might make it to what I've thought would be my ideal weight -- 124 lbs.  I just have 5 lbs. to get there.  It wasn't even my goal weight, because who really expects to get to their ideal weight when you are over 50 lbs. from that?  With LDL, I really think I'm going to get there and I also think I now have the tools to stay there -- which is the best part of all.  :thumbsup:  I'm thanking God all over for LDL!
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Wow Crick!  I am soooo happy for you!  I know it feels wonderful.  I can not believe where I am either.. Never thought I would be a size 6!  Good for you!  I am having so much fun shopping.. love trying on clothes and having to go get smaller size :)  You will be down to your goal in no time,,,

Big Hugs to you!

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Actually, Mary J, I'm six pounds below my goal!  :D  I think I'm actually going to find out what my ideal weight is very soon, though!  Who'd have ever thought that at this age (over 50) I'd finally get down to my ideal weight?  I feel 15 years younger.  Just amazing to me.  I love to inspire others to try LDL for themselves and to experience this same success.  I'm finding out all the time of someone else who saw me and the weight I've lost and decides to get the book too.  I'm going to do a class at my church on LDL and my experiences with it to help others have success with it too.  I'll encourage them to come to this site to be encouraged and to be an encourager.  Hopefully, you will all get to meet some of the people in the class here at the website.

Blessings, everyone!
Last edited by crickadoodle on January 25th, 2010, 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Crickadoodle,

You're an angel :angel: and we look forward to meeting everyone.

CQ
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

What an inspiration you are, Crickadoodle!  :rose:  :rose:
Thank you!
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Hey Crick,

Actually I meant your NEW goal :) 

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

VickiLynn wrote:
CodingQueen wrote:Also, have you wondered why you haven't seen Jared Fogle on Subway's advertisements lately? He's gaining his weight back.

I saw Jared on the Subway Rose Bowl float on New Year's Day this year and he didn't look like he gained any weight (if so, not very much that I could see).

I worked for a company who sent me to Europe many times to teach their customized manufacturing computer system and was fortunate to go to France (four different small towns and Paris).  I loved the fact that when I ate in the factory cafeteria at lunch time they had an entire main meal, including wine! Salad was always eaten last and then the cheese.  We went around the corner of the factory to a small cafe to have our after-lunch coffee.  I was invited to a home of one of my students for supper and they served an omelet, fruit, and cheese.  If I ate my main meal in one of their fantastic restaurants at supper time, it was a 7 course meal, but in small portion served over several hours, and didn't gain a pound.  As for England and Germany, I gained weight because of all the starches! Scotland and Spain were another story...

Funny how you mention France being better than England or Scotland regarding food... My son who has travelled the world and still is because of his work.. .says that France is the best of all the countries he has visited.. although high up there is Dubai with all the fish from the and all the fresh fruit etc..
I do believe portions in the US are outrageous.. Even our portions which are good sized are not that big..
Although I am of English descent I think I might gain over there too ...
Angel81
New, but learning

Post by Angel81 »

blessed wrote:I saw The Doctors show also and was glad to see he hadn't gained any weight back.
I weighed before going out of town and then when I got back.  Ate like a horse while I was gone (mostly LDL) and not only didn't gain, but lost a couple of pounds.  It was exciting to go away and come back with a loss for a change.   
    Way to go!!!  I'm proud of you!!  :D
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Hello my Friends on LDL.  I'm back from our land trip to Australia and a  14 day cruise around New Zealand.  We had a great time. It was hot there.  It's their summer.  We met a whole lot of great people.  Guess what?  I came home three pounds under my goal weight.  I ate a whole lot of foods; however, I was never tempted to eat the many beautiful desserts because I could freely choose no sugar desserts (sparingly) and could always have the wonderful fruits.  I did eat whole wheat rolls with my dinner.  I knew my size 12 capris were getting loose, but because of the large amounts of foods that I ate, I couldn't believe I was getting less in lbs.  I think someone has taken Roger's idea and made a whole new name because there were several seminars given on the ship on how to eat all the carbs and proteins and still lose weight.  I didn't go because I love LDL principles.  One whole area on the food tables had a whole section of gluten free dishes.  Many were made with corn, mushrooms, black beans, many stir fried veggies.  My favorite new dish for dinner was the whipped mashed parsnips and carrots.  It was always on the menu and I always ordered it so I didn't eat the potatoes or white rice.  My hubby didn't fair too well-gained several lbs.  The fresh fruits were in abundance.  The watermelon and cantaloupes were delicious.  It is a long trip even by plane, and the food on the plane was not too LDL friendly.  On Delta, the sandwiches were made with whole wheat.  I took the meat off one half and added to the other.  I drank a lot of tomato  juice. LDL works.  The more fruits and veggies, one eats, the more weight one looses. I ate meat protein once a day.  That was the hardest because the great meats that were served for all three meals. Since I had no cravings, I definitely didn't want to eat them just because they were plentiful.  I'm glad to be home.  Now I need to get ready for San A. I need to make reservations at the hotel and plane tickets.  Where are most people staying?  *hug* *hug* to all, Joyful Friend
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Welcome back, Joyful Friend!  Oh, I'll bet the trip was fun.  We've talked about going to Australia.  My step son used to love the Crocodile Hunter and my husband would say we'd take him on a trip after he graduated to Australia.  Hopefully we'll be able to do this -- that's only 2 years away. 

It is great you lost weight, even!  I knew you were going on a cruise, but I didn't realize where you were going.  That must've been a long trip. 

Joyful, my mom is doing so well this week.  I started giving her CoQH (the reduced form of CoQ10 known as Ubiquinol) about 2 or 3 weeks ago and it is as though she had left us for awhile and another lady took her place, but she's back again.  I'm rejoicing so much.  I expressed somewhere else, can you imagine losing someone you love and knowing they are gone forever, but somehow they come back?  She really is back.  I'm crediting the CoQH.  I've also gotten her jigsaw puzzles to do and a hand held Solitaire game, but I really think the CoQH is the major reason.  My husband and I are starting to take it too and I'll see if I notice a difference in me too. 
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Joyful Friend wrote:My favorite new dish for dinner was the whipped mashed parsnips and carrots.  I need to make reservations at the hotel and plane tickets.  Where are most people staying?

Joyful... I am going to the grocery store tomorrow and am going to buy parsnips to make this dish.  I am always looking for substitutes for potatoes and this sounds really good.  Was there anything else added after mashing them together?  I would usually just add salt, pepper, and butter (LDL approved) to a dish like this.

My husband and I are staying at the Holdiay Inn San Antonio-Riverwalk.  This is the hotel Little Mary has a contract with and she got us a really good rate.  We are flying in on Sunday and the rate for Sunday night is double what we are paying for Monday and Tuesday.  Also, I know for sure another couple is staying there.
Last edited by VickiLynn on February 20th, 2010, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Welcome back Joyful Friend. I've missed you. So glad you had a wonderful trip. Were you tempted to break out a bikini?

The Down Under Restaurant is now open and they have some LDL friendly foods on the menu. When I ate there I had pork loin, roasted vegetables, and peas. Let's get together soon and Let's Do Lunch.

Many blessings,
Ollie

PS Congratulations on the weight loss while on vacation!!! :D

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Thanks.  I'm still a little crazy because the times are so different-we had twenty hours traveling.  You all are the greatest.  Crick, so glad about your mom.  Do you have the info on the medicine?  it sounds like something to recommend.  Ollie, you are doing so well.  It is so great being so satisfied from being able to choose the foods we enjoy and still loose.  I gave up diet coke 8 or 9 ys ago.  I went through withdraw symptoms.  I had no idea that I was so addicted.  God gives us His grace when we need it.  He is always faithful, yet, he leaves the choices to us.  I think it is a fruit of the Spirit--self control.  Vickie, Mary put the recipe for the whipped parsnips and carrots on the boards.  They are delicious, and they have the same texture as whipped mashed potatoes.  They were so creamy.  To me, they are much better.  I couldn't get my DH to try them.  He loves potatoes.  My clothes are all dumped on the floor.  I need to get busy with laundry.  I was asked to be part of a medical seminar at Sycamore Clinic Fitness Center on Monday from 6-8.  Since I'm in good condition for my age and keep fit, and because of the book I wrote, I was asked to take part.  I hope it goes well.  If I get to speak or if people ask me questions about how I lost, I will get to tell them about LDL.  People will probably come since there will be food.  :rose: :rose: to all, Joyful Friend