Lapband

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
lrainbow2006

Re: Lapband

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Jo, no....I don't have a bad taste or anything...lol..  I think I'm just in a hurry for it to heal.  There are two deep holes in my mouth so I guess it really will take time.  Motrin is handling the pain better than the prescription he gave me...I just have to behave and keep eating the soft foods for awhile.
I had all 4 wisdom teeth out at once when I was in my early 20's..yes, that was awful and now I'm remembering just how awful it was.

RT..yes, you are right...when I do well on LDL I really do eat less so I can see how the grocery bill could go down.  I need to stay faithful to the plan!

Crickadoodle...you are soooo right about people not taking responsibility for their own health and expecting insurance to cover their bad choices.  You should run for office  :)

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Crick,
My first step in really looking at food and health was when I heard a tape called "Dead Doctors Don't Lie" It was told by a veterinarian turned MD (I think). Anyway he said farmers and ranchers cannot afford vet services on their animals and turn a profit so it is mandatory they spend on prventative supplements to keep the animals healthy. He was amazed we so do much less for ourselves.
He went on to say how much more depleted our food supply is now because of how we have depleted the soils, etc.
That is when I really started studying and becoming an advocate of becoming healthy and staying healthy rather than throwing chemicals at symptoms.
I became a nurse because I wanted to save lives and save health. Now I know the best way to do that is teach people to nurture the Temple God gave us.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

cameron wrote:For myself, I also find that I want to eat out LESS, there by saving even more money, fat and calories (even though we don't count them!)

cameron...we hardly eat out anyway...we can't afford it!! we are in full-time christian service and live on support like missionaries...we are only at about 10% support right now, if it weren't for renting out our house (we live rent-free at the camp where we "work") we couldn't pay our bills...praise God for His provision!!!

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Linda - your wedding photograph is so nice.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thanks Jerrie, 37th anniversary coming up this month.
Lisa, hope you are healing now and mostly pain free from those extractions!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Linda - That's wonderful-37 years of marriage.  It will be 32 years of marriage in August for me and my husband. :)
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Congratulations to you both on your anniversaries  :)
Thanks Linda, still having some pain, well, ache actually.  Waiting for when it's not there anymore. 
Oh, I actually mowed the lawn for the first time this year...it's taken that long for the grass to get high enough.  Now we have rain, rain, rain again.

Eddie is coming home today...he rented a car from St. Louis and I will pick him up in Erie  (where he drops the car off) this afternoon.  And so it begins...haha

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Best wishes for transforming Eddie into a successful Let's Do Luncher!  Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Lisa, best wishes to you and Eddie!

ps - is all the junk food out of the house?
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Lisa, remember to take it slow and easy with Eddie, I know for you that is hard....Just don't start??????  Have a safe trip.    *hug*  Wither
Last edited by witheraway1 on May 14th, 2011, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerrieH

Post by JerrieH »

Thank you Lisa.  Hoping for great success for you and Eddie with LDL.  Jerrie :)
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Eddie home safe and sound.  Not pushing LDL for a couple of days..we have a date night...wings and drinks, tomorrow night..haven't done that in ages..  I know...bad...but.....
I did make bean soup today to have on hand and tomorrow I will cook some more stuff I know he will love to have on hand when he is hungry.  We have been busy since he's been home doing stuff around the house and visiting my dad in the nursing home. 
Still a little bit of junk food in the house..but I'm gonna blame my daughter..lol

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Lisa, I did not know your dad was in a nursing home. Is he ok. Health wise. Hope so.
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Wither...my Dad had a massive stroke just before Thanksgiving.  He survived it but it left him unable walk or care for himself, even this long afterwards.  He has had a host of other issues going on the last few years too, with his heart and arteries to his brain being almost closed.  Not a whole lot they can do for him.  He is very depressed and wants to go home but that isn't going to happen.  He would need round the clock care.  He can't even use the bathroom so you know what that means.  His wife  (my step mother) visits him almost every day and I try to get there at least once a week and bring him treats.  He is such a sweetheart and everyone loves him there but it's still hard.  He is going to celebrate his 82 birthday in August.

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Hi Lisa.. Hugs.. Kathie
[
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Lotsa Love coming your way, Lisa.
I know how difficult it is when your parents are no longer the tower of strength they used to be.
Linda

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda, are your parents still living? Mine are not. My Father was a minister and my mom the wife of one. Us kids had a lot to live up too. Had to walk the straight line. No fun being the kids of a minister. But we all turned  out fine after all. When you get older and you think you had problems because of your up bringing you can no longer blame your parents. You can change it and make your life what you want it to be. That's the good thing. I am sure my parents did the best they could, just way too strick. And actually that made me who I am today!  You have heard the song THE HOUSE THAT BUILT  ME. I RELATE TO THAT!
Last edited by witheraway1 on May 18th, 2011, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a new me

Post by a new me »

I have one friend that had the lap band surgery done. She said she threw up everytime she ate and did not loose that much. she stopped having hers filled. They tried several different times putting less in and nothing worked. I also have a friend that had the sleeve surgery done. She has had great success and no problems and has lost alot of weight. She has been very happy but its different for everyone and you never know if you will be the one that has problems until its too late to do anything about it. Truck drivers do have a terrible time finding good food to eat. I think the cooler is his best option. I too have considered having surgery but its a forever outcome and if your not one of the lucky ones your in big trouble.Give it alot of thought and talk to alot of people that have had it done first. Drs are only going to show you the successful ones.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq3jtO4/]
[/url]
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

I'm thinking we are putting a hold on any surgery for now.  Eddie has been home for almost a month now and is doing well.  He has lost probably 15 pounds, the swelling in his legs have gone down and his back is somewhat better.  We are not following LDL exclusively but we are conscious of what we are eating.  Meaning...trying to stay LDL as much as we can. 
I have not heard of the "sleeve"...what is that?
I haven't posted much lately, been busy with, well, life..lol..but I do check in often and love reading what you all write.  Summer is finally here in the NorthEast...grilling weather... Yay! 

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

glad eddie seems to be on the mend...keep up the good work!!!  :thumbsup:

blessings,
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com